2 vCPU 8GB RAM 10 Gbit $4/mo + Question

13»

Comments

• @0bserver said:
    In certain countries, there is no weekend. =)

Your lack of weekend does not mean others should not enjoy theirs.

Rather, you should ask why you don't have a weekend.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• when will the Singapore be available again sir?

• @terrorgen said:

@0bserver said:

I don’t think I said I have no weekend.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited October 2023

Hey everyone, if you have a deployment issue, please don't open a ticket in the Critical Issues department. That department is reserved for clients that are already running mission-critical applications that went offline, not because of deployment issues or delays. This is explicitly mentioned in the first reply when you open Critical Issues tickets. While generally services are instantly deployed, it is not a guarantee and we have never advertised it as such for these services. It ends up clogging the department and causing confusion between users who are experiencing issues on an existing server versus users who just haven't had their server deployed yet.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• All servers are normally working finely.
    I have tested the vps which located in LA, and found maybe it's port is 10gbps!

edited October 2023

@lbren said:
    All servers are normally working finely.
    I have tested the vps which located in LA, and found maybe it's port is 10gbps!

Yes, some of our nodes in Los Angeles are indeed 10 Gbit, but that is subject to change and some of our nodes are currently only 1 Gbit, so that's why we only advertise and can guarantee 1 Gbit shared.

We plan to move Los Angeles back to owned hardware within the next week, which will be 10 Gbit shared on all nodes.

• @Abdullah said:

@muliu said:

@FrankZ said:

@muliu said:

@0bserver said:

@Jab said:
    You guys aware it's fucking Sunday? :D

Shouldn't the server provider have someone on duty around the clock? My understanding is this. If something happens, it can be solved in time, otherwise it will cause greater losses. Do you think this is how it should be?

Yes, there are providers that do this as long as you are willing to pay them enough to hire people to provide this service. The LE market requires an understanding that work orders may take a little longer.

Well, the server merchant I bought from basically has people online handling work orders every day, and the same is true on weekends.

Why don't you buy from the same merchant, for the discount correct?

I'm sure @Advin can do the same if you are willing to pay for it.

Because I saw someone recommending this server, I came here to give it a try.

• @0bserver said:

@terrorgen said:

@0bserver said:

I don’t think I said I have no weekend.

Then respect others' weekend.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:
    Then respect others' weekend.

What the....
    How was I not respecting others' weekends?

edited October 2023

@Abdullah said:

@muliu said:

@FrankZ said:

@muliu said:

@0bserver said:

@Jab said:
    You guys aware it's fucking Sunday? :D

Shouldn't the server provider have someone on duty around the clock? My understanding is this. If something happens, it can be solved in time, otherwise it will cause greater losses. Do you think this is how it should be?

Yes, there are providers that do this as long as you are willing to pay them enough to hire people to provide this service. The LE market requires an understanding that work orders may take a little longer.

Well, the server merchant I bought from basically has people online handling work orders every day, and the same is true on weekends.

Why don't you buy from the same merchant, for the discount correct?

I'm sure @Advin can do the same if you are willing to pay for it.

We do typically handle tickets daily, in this case all hands were on deck due to a problem in Los Angeles so some of the low-priority deployment tickets were pushed to the back.

We had an outage on one of our nodes in Los Angeles due to a hardware failure: https://status.advinservers.com/cln6tod38181018ben6phdgxum6

Due to the DediPath situation, we are using ReliableSite hardware in Los Angeles, and unfortunately one of their EPYC 7773X servers that we are temporarily leasing became a bit unstable and went down, remote hands was only available in the morning due to "scheduling issues". A lot of the newer VM's were supposed to be deployed on this specific node, but since it was offline, there were errors on VM creation. We were focused on the outage itself and so a lot of the low priority tickets were pushed to the next day. We will be moving from ReliableSite and back onto owned hardware once our rack with Evocative is deployed and our switches are racked (they are already at the LAX datacenter, our servers from DediPath were also moved into our new rack).

All tickets about deployment problems should be responded to and fixed, spent a few hours today going through all of them. We have <5 tickets remaining, but the remaining tickets require a bit more work/investigation or are low priority.

• Any test IPs / LG?
    The KB article sadly doesn't provide that information..

• edited October 2023

@Advin said:

We do typically handle tickets daily, in this case all hands were on deck due to a problem in Los Angeles so some of the low-priority deployment tickets were pushed to the back.

We had an outage on one of our nodes in Los Angeles due to a hardware failure: https://status.advinservers.com/cln6tod38181018ben6phdgxum6

Due to the DediPath situation, we are using ReliableSite hardware in Los Angeles, and unfortunately one of their EPYC 7773X servers that we are temporarily leasing became a bit unstable and went down, remote hands was only available in the morning due to "scheduling issues". A lot of the newer VM's were supposed to be deployed on this specific node, but since it was offline, there were errors on VM creation. We were focused on the outage itself and so a lot of the low priority tickets were pushed to the next day. We will be moving from ReliableSite and back onto owned hardware once our rack with Evocative is deployed and our switches are racked (they are already at the LAX datacenter, our servers from DediPath were also moved into our new rack).

All tickets about deployment problems should be responded to and fixed, spent a few hours today going through all of them. We have <5 tickets remaining, but the remaining tickets require a bit more work/investigation or are low priority.

Okay, I understand, thank you for your hard work

Mod edit: Chinese translation removed. Double quote removed.
    edited October 2023

Hey, just wanted to post some updates here. As you may have known, DediPath went bankrupt on September 1st, 2023, and they were our upstream in Los Angeles back then. We actually had very few servers with DediPath, which we had recently installed in July to replace ReliableSite. We were actually a bit skeptical to use them initially, but we were having issues with ReliableSite hardware and needed somewhere to migrate urgently, in which DediPath was the only provider in Los Angeles willing to accommodate us ASAP while offering colocation on a per-U basis, while having credibility with a bunch of small hosting providers in the industry using them. We were still skeptical even after sending our first server to them, and hence didn't expand at all and just decided to focus on our other locations which were in more dire need of owned hardware (i.e. Miami, Singapore, New York, Europe, etc).

We lucked out in that we had VERY few servers with them and decided not to scale early on, but we got super unlucky that we moved to DediPath literally 1.5 months before they deadpooled. On the same day of the deadpool, we bought a ReliableSite EPYC 7773X 1TB and a few Ryzen's to replace what was lost with DediPath, and started migrating urgently. Now, we had a few cancellations since then and wanted to fill stock, so we decided to open up the floodgates by restocking on the rented hardware before we got our hardware back from DediPath and could get on owned hardware again, in order to help recoup some of the costs of renting the hardware.

Unfortunately, the problem with this is that a lot of new customers (and old one's) got put on a 7773X that we were temporarily renting with ReliableSite. As you may know, AMD EPYC has a lot of capacity in terms of memory and CPU (1TB RAM, 64 cores), hence why a lot of people got put onto this node. Now, the issue is that this node, unbeknownst to us, had hardware problems which resulted in the server randomly turning off and never coming back online (even with power starts, resets, etc), and each time we had to wait for a remote hands technician. The problem with this is that the singular remote hands technician who works overnights at ReliableSite was not available for the past few days, resulting in incredibly high, sometimes insanely delayed remote hands times to fix the issue at hand because every time the server went offline during the night, it would have to be handled by the remote hands technician that came in the morning. This is why a lot of the initial deployments for Los Angeles failed, because the host node it was supposed to be deployed on was offline and kept randomly going offline.

The problem should largely be resolved now after they moved all of the hardware into a new motherboard (for the previous times, they tried cooling upgrades, PSU swaps, etc but the problem was never fully resolved), we're still experiencing some weird issues with this particular host node but we have cut off all Los Angeles availability until we can get back to owned hardware. It sucks because we got barely any compensation from ReliableSite since it's technically not covered under SLA as it was a hardware issue, but we were stuck waiting for a while until the mornings or afternoons with this specific node as the remote hands technician was not available.

On that note, we are moving from ReliableSite as soon as we can, the remote hands times as of late have been quite bad and incredibly frustrating (along with this strange hardware issue) and we recently were able to recover our hardware from DediPath. We signed a full rack with Evocative in LAX2 (Los Angeles) a few weeks ago and we'll be moving to them ASAP. We're basically just waiting on transit in this location, we decided to go directly with a T1 for now as it was urgent, eventually we'll onboard more transit providers or something similar as there are a ton of transit options in the facility with cheap XC's (maybe in 1-2 weeks we'll onboard some more). Hopefully we should have this new rack fully online by the next few days and we should be sending some new hardware with ~2TB of total RAM that will be restocked to Los Angeles.

• Too long, didn't read

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    Too long, didn't read

Here are the bullet points, courtesy of ChatGPT:

• DediPath, a hosting provider, went bankrupt on September 1, 2023.
    • The company had initially used DediPath's services in Los Angeles to replace ReliableSite due to hardware issues.
    • They were skeptical about DediPath but had few servers with them.
    • Shortly after moving to DediPath, they had to replace the servers with ReliableSite hardware due to DediPath's bankruptcy.
    • They experienced issues with the ReliableSite hardware, particularly with an AMD EPYC 7773X server with high memory and CPU capacity.
    • The server had hardware problems causing it to randomly turn off, and remote hands support was not readily available.
    • They resolved some issues by moving the hardware to a new motherboard but still had lingering problems.
    • They decided to cut off Los Angeles availability and are planning to move to Evocative in LAX2 for better service.
    • They signed a full rack with Evocative and are awaiting transit to complete the move.
    • They plan to restock hardware with approximately 2TB of total RAM in Los Angeles once the move is complete.
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Summary: reliable site not reliable.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

We restocked some in LA https://clients.advinservers.com/store/los-angeles-kvm-standard-vps
    All LA VPS will be upgraded to 10G Fair share within the next few days

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• Singapore when

@selalumenang said:
    Singapore when

SOON(ish)!

We have restocked some VPS in all of our locations at https://clients.advinservers.com
    Los Angeles is now upgraded to 10 Gbit across all VPS

Thanked by (2)FrankZ febryanvaldo

• @Advin said: High Frequency (2 vCores)

8GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    60GB NVMe SSD Storage
    Fair Use Bandwidth (10 Gbit)
    Located in Nuremberg, DE
    $4.00/month - no setup fees
    https://clients.advinservers.com/store/europe-kvm-standard-vps

This one got vanished with such a speed as if it never existed!
    I hope I could get my hands on of these.

• Can port 25 be unlocked on request?

@yusra said:

@Advin said: High Frequency (2 vCores)

8GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    60GB NVMe SSD Storage
    Fair Use Bandwidth (10 Gbit)
    Located in Nuremberg, DE
    $4.00/month - no setup fees
    https://clients.advinservers.com/store/europe-kvm-standard-vps

This one got vanished with such a speed as if it never existed!
    I hope I could get my hands on of these.

;)

edited October 2023

@Chalipa said:
    Can port 25 be unlocked on request?

Generally yes as long as you can provide examples of mail that you are sending or if we get a description of your use case. Any abuse complaints for spam will result in the IP having port 25 permanently blocked. We had a ton of issues with spammers during our earlier days, so we're a lot more strict about port 25 now.

• @Advin said:
    Generally yes as long as you can provide examples of mail that you are sending or if we get a description of your use case. Any abuse complaints for spam will result in the IP having port 25 permanently blocked. We had a ton of issues with spammers during our earlier days, so we're a lot more strict about port 25 now.

Do you have any test IP for LA location? I cannot find it in your website.