Would you be interested in a VDS in Wroclaw, Poland?

skorupionskorupion Services Provider

Hello everyone!

I've recently decided to build a server, and I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a VPS on it.

The plan would be something like this:
1 vCore (Ryzen 9 3900 1 core 2 threads dedicated)
10 GB of RAM
150 GB of SSD Space (RAID 10)
1 Gbps unmetered
1 IPv4
/64 IPv6

And all of that for 12 EUR per month

For the LG, the best I have right now would be if you go to speedtest.net and select the server from KORBANK S.A. in Wroclaw.

VDS in Wroclaw, Poland
  1. Would you be interested in something like this?27 votes
    1. Yes
      29.63%
    2. Nope
      70.37%

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

Thanked by (2)Abdullah vish

Comments

• How soon will you discontinue the VDS line when you feel you can't fill the server?

Thanked by (2)vish fluttershy

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@yoursunny said:
    How soon will you discontinue the VDS line when you feel you can't fill the server?

From what I remember not one customer lost a penny on that operation.
    IMO It is better to judge a person's character by their actions after they have failed at something.
    Making clients whole, figuring out where you went wrong, then picking yourself up off the mat, and trying again, seems like the right way to go about it to me. Just saying. 🤷‍♂️

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Personally not interested, but thanks for asking Rafal :+1:

• Sadly no, Korbank is the only Polish datacenter I avoid because they use Path DDoS Protection.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • @treesmokah said:
    Sadly no, Korbank is the only Polish datacenter I avoid because they use Path DDoS Protection.

that's a pity, makes them entirely unusable to anyone with morals.

• edited October 2023

@fluttershy said:

@treesmokah said:
    Sadly no, Korbank is the only Polish datacenter I avoid because they use Path DDoS Protection.

Thankfully its the only one I'm aware in Poland, and its a paid addon so they don't give Path their normal traffic.
    Its a shame because they got really competitive prices and large network. Could be usable for colo with own transit, but still you are dealing with people who are affiliated with Path.

Generally, most hosts do DDoS protection locally in Poland, but some use DDoS protection vendors, mostly some very enterprise stuff like Incapsula but this host weirdly went with Path, they probably got a good offer.
    I hope more and more hosts start doing in-house mitigation. Or more decent vendors like Cosmic start having presence in Poland. It shouldn't be difficult considering cheap fiber to Berlin and rest of the Germany.

• @treesmokah said:

@fluttershy said:

@treesmokah said:

Thankfully its the only one I'm aware in Poland, and its a paid addon so they don't give Path their normal traffic.
    Its a shame because they got really competitive prices and large network. Could be usable for colo with own transit, but still you are dealing with people who are affiliated with Path.

Generally, most hosts do DDoS protection locally in Poland, but some use DDoS protection vendors, mostly some very enterprise stuff like Incapsula but this host weirdly went with Path, they probably got a good offer.
    I hope more and more hosts start doing in-house mitigation. Or more decent vendors like Cosmic start having presence in Poland. It shouldn't be difficult considering cheap fiber to Berlin and rest of the Germany.

I wouldn't call Cosmic decent, it'd be nice to have more hosts using CDN77 transit though. Their mitigation is pretty decent from my experience. There's also hosteam who has some solid stuff that I think they do themselves.

• edited October 2023

@fluttershy said: There's also hosteam who has some solid stuff that I think they do themselves.

They know their shit, indeed.

@fluttershy said: I wouldn't call Cosmic decent, it'd be nice to have more hosts using CDN77 transit though. Their mitigation is pretty decent from my experience.

Never seen a Polish company using Datapacket. It would be really hard as a primary transit, they are very pricey but very good.
    There is also a bunch of hosts using RETN, their network and ddos protection are fairly decent.
    Telia transit is a standard, which I love to see.

From Polish transit providers, Exatel is really nice, and they also do ddos protection.

• Everybody wants SG.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• @Dazzle said:
    Everybody wants SG.

False.
    I don't want Singapore, because I already have Tokyo and Mumbai and Sydney, and wouldn't gain new coverage in Singapore.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @treesmokah said:

@fluttershy said: There's also hosteam who has some solid stuff that I think they do themselves.

They know their shit, indeed.

@fluttershy said: I wouldn't call Cosmic decent, it'd be nice to have more hosts using CDN77 transit though. Their mitigation is pretty decent from my experience.

Never seen a Polish company using Datapacket. It would be really hard as a primary transit, they are very pricey but very good.

~$150/gig isn't too bad, falls in line with some other nicer transit providers.

There is also a bunch of hosts using RETN, their network and ddos protection are fairly decent.

Most of their protection is just flowspec based, sort of useless against actual attacks.

Telia transit is a standard, which I love to see.

agreed :)

From Polish transit providers, Exatel is really nice, and they also do ddos protection.

Never heard of them, they look alright