Black-Week 2023 Should we wait or go wild the whole month?

2»

Comments

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2023

@Mathias - it is best to go wild on Black Friday. The hype will be better that way. Please don't forget to have some strong (and possibly fun) captcha, because those damn bots and automated browser extensions will snatch the offers fast and you could end up with abusers and loaded MJJ support.

Remember: on that day many people don't even have time to read. They read only after they made an order without payment, so they can change their mind later, while serious consumers are being left out. You need some captcha to make it fun. You could also block orders coming from VPN or Tor, but this depends on you.

Thanked by (3)ehab FrankZ Mathias

How are you... online?

• edited November 2023

^ captcha is a good idea --- thanks root.

• @ehab said:

I don't know if this is possible, but I would love to see some fun captcha implemented by @FAT32 before the ordering link is given.

Something fun would be like a chess game on ending position (a chess board with a notification: "white wins with checkmate in 2 moves"), but I don't know if something like this even exists.

Another idea is questions and a specific word (related to servers) as answer.

Another idea is simple mathematical equations with numbers in both words and digits.

I would say imagination is the limit, but I don't know what is possible and what is not. After all, many moderators here are volunteers.

Thanked by (1)FAT32

How are you... online?

• @root said:
    I would say imagination is the limit, but I don't know what is possible and what is not. After all, many moderators here are volunteers.

Technically we can, but this year there are less legendary deals but more balanced specs at sustainable price with plenty of quantity so there's enough stocks for everyone.

Deals that are crazy are usually made very last minute and hard to predict, which we will run out of time to develop.

• @FAT32 said:
    Deals that are crazy are usually made very last minute and hard to predict, which we will run out of time to develop.

and most likely happen when you fall asleep.

Thanked by (2)FAT32 yoursunny
  • @root said:

@ehab said:

I don't know if this is possible, but I would love to see some fun captcha implemented by @FAT32 before the ordering link is given.

Something fun would be like a chess game on ending position (a chess board with a notification: "white wins with checkmate in 2 moves"), but I don't know if something like this even exists.

Another idea is simple mathematical equations with numbers in both words and digits.

How about another Chess Grandmaster game?

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2023

@Fritz said:

@root said:

@ehab said:

In my opinion the purpose should be human verification to slow down bots, not encouraging people to learn advanced chess :lol:

How are you... online?

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@Fritz said:

@root said:

@ehab said:

SOON

Thanked by (1)ehab

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:

SOON

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited November 2023

@root said:

@Fritz said:

@root said:

@ehab said:

In my opinion the purpose should be human verification to slow down bots, not encouraging people to learn advanced chess :lol:

Why not both?

The world could use a bit more class honestly.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @wankel said:

@ehab said: 3- have a limited FLASH --- MUST buy --- offers.

I scanned this thread three times from top to bottom and the other way around, did I miss them? :-P

You did not scan it, sideways. :relieved:

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • WSSWSS OGRetired

@yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:
    Your best deals should be saved for the BF mega-thread on LES. Just saying :)

Is @WSS (the personality, not necessarily the original account owner) going to host the megathread?

No thanks. I don't need that many services from Deadpools.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• Good points there. Why wait and be lost in the ocean of savings when you can let it rip now! And that GIF of that Asian lady with guns made me burst out laughing.

• MathiasMathias Hosting Provider

@root said:
    @Mathias - it is best to go wild on Black Friday. The hype will be better that way. Please don't forget to have some strong (and possibly fun) captcha, because those damn bots and automated browser extensions will snatch the offers fast and you could end up with abusers and loaded MJJ support.

Remember: on that day many people don't even have time to read. They read only after they made an order without payment, so they can change their mind later, while serious consumers are being left out. You need some captcha to make it fun. You could also block orders coming from VPN or Tor, but this depends on you.

Thank you for your ideas!

We have Google's captcha and Stripe's anti-fraud on max haha! Let's hope it's enough, or any other ideas?

Luxvps - Hosting services with outstanding customer support
    "You only have the fun you make yourself"