Oracle Cloud - How to avoid inactivity cancellation

What is the best or easiest method to avoid an inactivity cancellation from Oracle Cloud, without having to actually use the service on a regular basis?

Comments

• Since you don't need it, why don't you return the resource back to the pool?

• I just upgraded my account to a paid account, they took AUD250 from my account and released it back right away, now my instances never expire. and never get charged since they are always-free resources.

• @dgc1980 said:
    I just upgraded my account to a paid account, they took AUD250 from my account and released it back right away, now my instances never expire. and never get charged since they are always-free resources.

It it's a paid account, why was the AUD250 released?

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

@Joseph said:

@dgc1980 said:
    I just upgraded my account to a paid account, they took AUD250 from my account and released it back right away, now my instances never expire. and never get charged since they are always-free resources.

AUD250 is the one-time verification charged on CC. They refund if after verification completes.

• @Joseph said:

@dgc1980 said:

as @Abdullah said, it is to verify the account for Pay as you Go, since I am using always free resources, I do not get charged.