Hetzner Account Inactivity Cancellation

Does Hetzner cancel accounts due to Inactivity?

Do they cancel accounts for other nebulous reasons?

How can it be avoided?

Comments

• Establish your own account, with your real name that matches government issued ID.
    Don't buy accounts from others.
    Order one or more servers.
    Keep the servers paid.
    Don't cancel all your servers at once.
    Don't abuse free cancellation allowance.
    Don't open chargeback or disputes.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @Joseph said:

Yes, they cancelled mine. I could have avoided it by ordering a service.I chose not to because they blacklisted me for ordering too many dedis and cancelling them. Now I can return to ordering dedis I have no intention of retaining beyond the cancellation period.

• @Nekki said:

@Joseph said:

Yes, they cancelled mine. I could have avoided it by ordering a service.I chose not to because they blacklisted me for ordering too many dedis and cancelling them. Now I can return to ordering dedis I have no intention of retaining beyond the cancellation period.

How long were you inactive until they cancelled your account? You had no services altogether?

Would having a free DNS service active prevent cancellation?

How many dedis did you cancel, and after how long? Why weren't they happy about that?

How can you return to ordering dedis if your account is cancelled?

• edited November 2023

yes

How can it be avoided?

login the cloud and create a linux vps, then create a snapshot and delete the vps, then you have a product "snapshot" which only costs less 0.01EUR/m
    Or just purchase a free ipv6 address

Thanked by (2)nick_ Joseph

my blog: https://tang.lu

• edited November 2023

@tanglu said:

How can it be avoided?

Or just purchase a free ipv6 address

An IPv6 can be purchased at $0.00 even without any other paid service? That'll be sufficient to avoid cancellation?

BTW, is there a benefit to avoid an account cancellation, considering that it is presumably possible to create a new account anytime, even after a previous cancellation?

• Have no idea, but I got my account in cancelation status for end of next month, still have no idea why as its due their TOS they do not need to provide reason

• I'll go the snapshot way just to ensure my account won't get deleted due to inactivity. Paying less than 0.2 euros a year is nothing.

• @nick_ said:
    I'll go the snapshot way just to ensure my account won't get deleted due to inactivity. Paying less than 0.2 euros a year is nothing.

What's the benefit of keeping an unused account alive?

• @Joseph said:

@nick_ said:
    I'll go the snapshot way just to ensure my account won't get deleted due to inactivity. Paying less than 0.2 euros a year is nothing.

I'll likely go back to using Hetzner in the future. I have been using them since early 2018 when they were the cheapest and quality option in the market, but there are a lot of competitors at the same price point nowadays. I just don't want my account deleted.

• @nick_ said:

@Joseph said:

@nick_ said:

I'll likely go back to using Hetzner in the future. I have been using them since early 2018 when they were the cheapest and quality option in the market, but there are a lot of competitors at the same price point nowadays. I just don't want my account deleted.

Does keeping your older account alive have an advantage over simply opening a new account?

• edited November 2023

@Joseph said:

@nick_ said:

@Joseph said:

@nick_ said:

Does keeping your older account alive have an advantage over simply opening a new account?

I never created an alternate account with any provider nor do I want to. I keep it simple. I have always been a good Hetzner client. More importantly, having multiple accounts is prohibited for most providers. If a provider closes my account for inactivity, I'll just move on to another one. But I'll do my best to not get it deleted first. My Hetzner account is too good to let go.

• @Joseph said:

@nick_ said:

@Joseph said:

@nick_ said:

The verification process is quite extensive and invasive one might add. I'll not want to go through reverification the next time I need a vps for few hours.

Do you have account with them?

• @Joseph said:

@Nekki said:

@Joseph said:

How long were you inactive until they cancelled your account? You had no services altogether?

I guess about a year,

Would having a free DNS service active prevent cancellation?

I wouldn't have thought so, but I don't use it so I don't know.

How many dedis did you cancel, and after how long? Why weren't they happy about that?

It was a lot, often when inebriated. To cut a long story short, they said that if I didn't want to get a server with old/knackered disks, I should order a new server instead.

How can you return to ordering dedis if your account is cancelled?

Set up a new account I guess? They never ID'ed me, and I believe they not permitted to provide the limited personal data I provided anyway so I'm assuming I can just create a new account with them and crack on.

• An IPv6 can be purchased at $0.00 even without any other paid service? That'll be sufficient to avoid cancellation?

primaryips ipv6 is free(not the floating ip )
    I think so, you can create a tk for help

BTW, is there a benefit to avoid an account cancellation, considering that it is presumably possible to create a new account anytime, even after a previous cancellation?

As I think , I will trust old users more than new users. For example, increase the limit
    And if you create many new accounts, they may block you

my blog: https://tang.lu