.se registrar?

Hi all,

I'm looking to register a .se-domain, at a "competetive" price and preferably payable in Euros via IBAN transfer. Paypal and other currency are an option, but less attractive. I don't have a credit card.

https://www.svenskadomaner.se/en/ was the cheapest I found so far, at 230 kr. That is about 20 euro, before currency exchange and transfer costs.

Anyone with experience or suggestions?

Comments

• I don't know this website but the price is definitely low, usually see something like 30-35€ per year.

• @webcraft said: see something like 30-35€ per year.

yikes... one can run an army of VPS for that money!

• For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• inleed.com

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • Do they support SEPA? Couldn't find payment information (couldn't even find ToS of inleed).

• @webcraft start a chat with the inleed dudes! the answer instantly!

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @lapua said:
    @webcraft start a chat with the inleed dudes! the answer instantly!

I have worked with Inleed before and they are indeed very competent.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • mannenmannen Hosting Provider

Check with the guys at hostup.se, they can support SEPA for sure!

Thanked by (1)wankel

RIPE LIR

• @lapua said:
    inleed.com

11 euro for renewals, that is quite a difference, thanks!

@sportingdan said:

@lapua said:
    @webcraft start a chat with the inleed dudes! the answer instantly!

I have worked with Inleed before and they are indeed very competent.

Good to know, thank you for vetting them!

@mannen said:

Check with the guys at hostup.se, they can support SEPA for sure!

Their renewals come at 125 kr, about the same as inleed, but than without a (findable) English transation ;-)

• Typical recommendation: Loopia, Egensajt, Inleed. There are a morbillion of other providers that are less than $30-35.

Not sure about IBAN transfer though, maybe you could try contacting pre-sale / support directly.

• Also (I believe) note that you can transfer .SE domain for free between providers so if you are not happy with one you can switch easily.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • @ZuckZwing said:
    Also (I believe) note that you can transfer .SE domain for free between providers so if you are not happy with one you can switch easily.

Inleed just confirmed: there is no transfer fee, and not even a change in expiration date of the registration. I'll be going with them.

Thank you all for your recommendations!

Thanked by (2)webcraft lapua
  • @wankel said:
    Hi all,

I'm looking to register a .se-domain, at a "competetive" price and preferably payable in Euros via IBAN transfer. Paypal and other currency are an option, but less attractive. I don't have a credit card.

https://www.svenskadomaner.se/en/ was the cheapest I found so far, at 230 kr. That is about 20 euro, before currency exchange and transfer costs.

Currently loopia.se have for 1SEK, that would be give or take 10cent for a .se.
    What you can use as payment I dont know though.
    They are not the cheapest when you need to renew next year of course, but then again you can see if you can transfer it somewhere cheaper then :)

• @kvidden said:
    They are not the cheapest when you need to renew next year of course, but then again you can see if you can transfer it somewhere cheaper then :)

That would not give them a sustainable business model of course, and I'd have to start searching all over :-P

I'm usually in less stress over a VPS (that I can backup) than over a domain, which is much costlier to restore if postponed too long.

• @wankel said:

@kvidden said:

That would not give them a sustainable business model of course, and I'd have to start searching all over :-P

The fine print does say this promotion is 1 per new order ("nybeställningar"). I wonder what would happen if I make multiple separate orders.

• @wankel said:

I prefer using DomainName.shop, I think they charge €13.99 or something for .SE
    They're stable and friendly. (And Norwegian, so they're nice for Norwegian, and many other, domains as well.)

• @flips said:

@wankel said:

I prefer using DomainName.shop, I think they charge €13.99 or something for .SE
    They're stable and friendly. (And Norwegian, so they're nice for Norwegian, and many other, domains as well.)

I'll keep an eye on them for the next one, thanks!

• @kvidden said:

@wankel said:
    Hi all,

Currently loopia.se have for 1SEK, that would be give or take 10cent for a .se.
    What you can use as payment I dont know though.

loopia...

New prices from December 27, 2023
    Through the link below, you can see all our new prices for domains that will be applicable starting from the next renewal after December 27, 2023.

Why we're adjusting prices
    We continuously strive to provide you with stable and secure services of the highest quality along with top-notch support. Due to factors such as increased demand for innovation, inflation, and the unstable global situation, we need to adjust prices starting from December 27, 2023, to continue providing the excellent service you are accustomed to.

A price adjustment also enables us to further enhance our service and offerings so that you can get more out of your web hosting. Additionally, it will allow us to continue our journey towards sustainability, including guaranteeing the use of 100% renewable energy and investing in climate-positive data centers, thus leading the industry towards a greener future.

We are grateful for and value the partnership we have had up until now. We hope that you continue to benefit from our services in the future!

https://support.loopia.com/wiki/price-updates-december-27-2023/

i move with all .se / .nu domains to inleed now!

• One can buy one at loopia and move it next year when its up for renewal :)
    Have done that a couple of times and have been working well.

• This was my first domain transfer. While I have nothing to compare in person, I heard horror stories from acquaintances for other TLD's. I was not looking forward to it.

It turned out to take about five minutes, starting the clock when I opened a ticket at the old registrar to ask for the transfer code. The (manual) reply took about as long as me realizing there already was a reply, both about two minutes.

Opening the transfer screen in the new registrars portal, pasting the code and typing the transfer code took another few seconds. Press OK, and on page refresh within ten seconds the domain was transferred, including setting my custom DNS servers (with he.net). The ease and speed of the process really came as a (pleasant) surprise!

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • Are you satisfied with inleed? @wankel

• @lapua said:
    Are you satisfied with inleed? @wankel

Yes, with ten minutes pre-sales chat and a full day as customer: no reason to look for another .se-registrar :-D

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • edited November 2023

https://www.stablehost.com/domains-pricing.php

.se 14.99€, maybe less if you find a coupon code.

• I want to say name.com, well it's about 20 EUR...