What providers offer internal network?

rootroot OG
edited December 2023 in General

I am curious what providers offer internal network for their VPS line, as in private IPv4 for each VPS, available between all locations. I guess in theory such providers would need to own datacenters for something like this, but I don't know who actually offers such feature.

How are you... online?

Comments

• HostHatch

Thanked by (1)root
  • @host4cheap said:
    HostHatch

Hosthatch doesn't route between locations though.

Thanked by (1)root
  • BuyVM does local private IPv4 but not between different locations I think.

Thanked by (1)root
  • MaxKVM has internal network between locations within North America.
    If your IQ is high enough to qualify for their service, that is.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• IRC even amazon doesn't offer that, vpcs are limited to a specific region, same goes for Hetzner.
    If you are looking for low end providers I wouldn't trust one with all my locations, its better to use tunneling to connect between your networks in different regions, and if the provider has links between their dcs it shouldn't affect performance too much (except encryption)

Thanked by (1)root
  • Hetnzer offers that, but I'm not sure if they do it within the same location or for any location/dc they have.

Thanked by (1)root
  • Vultr and Azure sure do. Probably also DO, not sure.

Thanked by (1)root

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• @Voigon said:
    IRC even amazon doesn't offer that, vpcs are limited to a specific region, same goes for Hetzner.
    If you are looking for low end providers I wouldn't trust one with all my locations, its better to use tunneling to connect between your networks in different regions, and if the provider has links between their dcs it shouldn't affect performance too much (except encryption)

Or just use tailscale?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

I'd be surprised if any of the LES providers do.

It effectively requires having your own network infrastructure. i.e. cables. Pretty hard to beat the resilience of open internet without own infra.

You could layer something on top of the internet for pure routing purposes I guess...but that's not that different from a point to point tunnel/tailscale etc.

Even the big clouds charge hefty premiums for this sort of stuff.

Thanked by (1)root
  • BinaryLae does internal networking within each datacenter location, so melb-melb, not melb-syd

Thanked by (1)root
  • @Clouvider maybe? Atleast it seems they have a direct connection in between some locations.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @balramm said:
    Hetnzer offers that, but I'm not sure if they do it within the same location or for any location/dc they have.

They do (kind of). They offer it within their EU Datacentres, but you can't span to US West or East and vice versa.

As mentioned previously, a lot of VPS providers don't own the networking hardware between each node or each site. It's not difficult to setup from a network perspective, you would use QinQ or similar technology but it's the overhead and cost on top of standard operating costs which more than likely makes it unviable. I think that's why you see premium providers or big cloud players offering it, rather than smaller businesses offering VPS' plans.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @TheDP said:

@Voigon said:
    IRC even amazon doesn't offer that, vpcs are limited to a specific region, same goes for Hetzner.

Or just use tailscale?

TS does exactly what I suggested

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@root said:
    I am curious what providers offer internal network for their VPS line, as in private IPv4 for each VPS, available between all locations. I guess in theory such providers would need to own datacenters for something like this, but I don't know who actually offers such feature.

We do! 😎

Thanked by (1)root

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 VPN for €5/year 🚀 | Follow us on Telegram

• @c1vhosting said:

@root said:

We do! 😎

Providers with a single location might find it easier to offer an internal network between all their locations. :p

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

Why not just use Wireguard or something like Yggdrasil for private networking between servers / locations?

Thanked by (1)root

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• Just connect up all of your VPS with a VPN like Tailscale

Thanked by (1)root

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.