Windows / MS office activation and workarounds

2»

Comments

• @somik said:
    First, reselling volume license is not illegal, but many sites selling volume licenses are selling illegally obtained keys. So you might be paying for piracy, specially if you are buying it from ebay or cragslist type sites.

Usually i buy them on G2A or Kinguin or other site. No idea if they are 100% legal. All I can say is that I have never had any problems with activations. I once had to buy a new key when upgrading the motherboard, but I suspect that this is inherent to OEM licenses.

@cybertech said:

@terrorgen said:
    I don't game... So...

i only play love games...so....

Same 😅

• @terrorgen said:
    I don't game... So...

Damn... you are missing out on one of the small joys in life!

@cybertech said:

@terrorgen said:
    I don't game... So...

i only play love games...so....

Damn......... well..... not sure what to say to that.......

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• I used to warez everything, was even part of a group for a few years, but that's like 20 years ago.

Nowadays, I cant be bothered. I have more money than time so I'd rather pay a few hundred dollars than muck around for an hour.

• somiksomik OG
    edited December 2023

@rcy026 said:
    I used to warez everything, was even part of a group for a few years, but that's like 20 years ago.

Nowadays, I cant be bothered. I have more money than time so I'd rather pay a few hundred dollars than muck around for an hour.

More like "pay a hundred dollars then than get hacked/backdoored and be made into part of their bot-net" :p

• edited December 2023

I only "warez" to test out. If i like it, I will support it and buy it. In the past, long time ago, feeling old now, you could play demos, they dont really do that anymore.

• @somik said:

@rcy026 said:
    I used to warez everything, was even part of a group for a few years, but that's like 20 years ago.

More like "pay a hundred dollars then get hacked/backdoored and be made into part of their bot-net" :p

Are you trying to say that valid licenses contains backdoors?

• somiksomik OG
    edited December 2023

@SwordfishBE said:
    I only "warez" to test out. If i like it, I will support it and buy it. In the past, long time ago, feeling old now, you could play demos, they dont really do that anymore.

Hey, i got nothing against that! As long as you are supporting the creators of what you like, you are doing more good then the people who are not buying it at all!

Btw, i am guessing you are talking about games like "Cities Skyline II", "Cyberpunk 2077" etc which came out super broken, not worth the full price on release...

@rcy026 said:

@somik said:

@rcy026 said:

More like "pay a hundred dollars then get hacked/backdoored and be made into part of their bot-net" :p

Are you trying to say that valid licenses contains backdoors?

Ah, no, lemme elaborate with correct spelling:
    More like "I'd rather pay a hundred dollars than get hacked/backdoored and be made into part of their bot-net" :p

Lol, English is hard!

• @somik said:
    More like "I'd rather pay a hundred dollars than get hacked/backdoored and be made into part of their bot-net" :p

Lol, English is hard!

Haha, I hear you, I often have to stop and think "then or than" and I still get it wrong. :lol:

Thanked by (1)somik
  • @rcy026 said:

@somik said:

Lol, English is hard!

Haha, I hear you, I often have to stop and think "then or than" and I still get it wrong. :lol:

Hey, i got no excuse there! You literally used it correctly on the message I quoted and I still got it wrong :disappointed:

• @somik said:

@terrorgen said:
    I don't game... So...

Meh, I have other small joys in life I rather have than gaming...

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:

@somik said:

@terrorgen said:
    I don't game... So...

No no, i am not saying not to have your other joys. I am saying to ADD gaming to it! :lol:

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

• @somik said:

@terrorgen said:

@somik said:

@terrorgen said:
    I don't game... So...

No no, i am not saying not to have your other joys. I am saying to ADD gaming to it! :lol:

If only I have 48 hours a day...

Thanked by (2)somik bikegremlin

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• edited December 2023

I see dozens of advertising on Facebook and Instagram offering Windows 10/11 and Office 2021 for $10/$20/$30.

• @Joseph said:
    I see dozens of advertising on Facebook and Instagram offering Windows 10/11 and Office 2021 for $10/$20/$30.

That's what I am talking about. How do we know that the keys being sold by them are obtained legally? That you are not getting a key that they stole from a company or educational institute?