Micro/Hobby Colo, Full Colo, Dedis and Storage at Microtronix DC (Ohio) - Unmetered BW up to 100G!

jfreak53jfreak53 Hosting Provider

As promised, Micro and Hobby colo options are now live!! Host anything from a Raspberry Pi, to a mini PC workstation at the Microtronix Datacenter in Ohio!!

Colo space, VPS, Shared, Dedis, whole rooms available for colo!! Want custom? Drop us a line and we'll quote custom rack space and power options!

We are one of the few providers that provides phone support for customers, call us anytime during office hours for direct support for your servers or services (419) 458-2880.

Our Website

https://www.datacentermap.com/usa/ohio/lima-oh/microtronix-datacenter.html

https://lg-o.microtronixdc.com

Colocation

Colocation at Awesome Prices!! Free Rack-and-Stack, Internal network available, bring your own router or switch, BGP available free

Our DC Includes:

• Dual inbound 100G DDoS Protection on all traffic
  • Micro DC runs 250G upstream available traffic to the DC!
  • Full Fiber Rack-to-Rack Datacenter, no bottlenecks!
  • Direct Fiber up to 100G per connection available! (1G, 2G Bonded, 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G)
  • 100% Owned equipment and racks
  • Rent our IPs or announce your own range!
  • rDNS available
  • IPv6 /48 Free!
  • Internal network available free
  • Up to 40A power!! Need more? Quote custom
  • 120V & 240V Power drops available
  • A+B Redundant Drops available
  • Free Cross-Connect for full racks
  • Fair-Usage External KVM Access
  • IPMI access (its your equipment!)
  • Secure TenantOS IPMI Access Available free upon request
  • Free rack and stack!
  • All racks are under lock and key
  • Full-rack colo = 24x7 coded access to your rack!
  • Power and Network cables included up to 10U (if bringing your own router you must provide your own network cables)
  • Spare parts storage space included, or we can sell you new parts as needed
  • Free reboots (fair warning, we power cycle the port)
  • 24x7 surveillance, environment monitoring and tracking, hotspot tracking

Hobby/Micro/Mini Colocation - $5 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 0.08A to 4A power
  • Host your Raspberry Pi or Micro PC/Server

Special Order Here

Mid-Tower Colo - $50 /month/starting

Full-Tower Colo - $70 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 2A power

1-5U Colo - $55 /month/starting

10U Colo - $285 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 10A power

21U Colo - $640 /month/starting

• 1G, 2G, 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G Speeds (Unmetered)
  • 10A power

Upgrades

• 2G bonded copper $35/m
  • 3G Fiber $175/m
  • 10G Fiber $500/m
  • 40G Fiber $1,700/m
  • 100G Fiber $3,800/m
  • Cross-Connect free!!

Order Colocation services here

Dedis

Dedi stock updated regularly, check back for new stock on our order form!

Intel Xeon E3-1220v3

• 16GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD, up to 4 drives with SSD available
  • 1Gbps Unmetered connection!
  • /29 IPs (5 Usable)
  • /48 IPv6 Free
  • Remote Reboot/Monitor/Reinstall/Console
  • $35/month

Intel Xeon E5-2670v2 x2

• 64GB RAM
  • 1TB HDD or 120GB SSD, up to 6 drives with SSD available
  • 1Gbps Unmetered connection!
  • /29 IPs (5 Usable)
  • /48 IPv6 Free
  • Remote Reboot/Monitor/Reinstall/Console
  • $52/month

Order Dedis here

Backup Storage

Full SSH jailed access to user dir; SFTP, FTP, rSync, Duplicity

Our backup servers run ZFS with up to 7 daily snapshots, we can custom configure this for more or less for each customer. Starting at 1TB, storage costs are $4/m per TB.

World Class 10-gigabit Network with IPv6 Connectivity, No Usage/Seat Fees, No Egress Charges, No Contracts, fully unmetered in/out.

Order Backup Services here

microtronixdc.com - Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Full-Rack options, VPS. John 3:16 - Jesus Saves!!
Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout, up to 100Gbps connections! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!

Comments

• 100Gbps? Too slow.
    We are idling away on a 200Gbps port.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@yoursunny said:
    100Gbps? Too slow.

from room 1 to room 2. sure.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@yoursunny said:
    100Gbps? Too slow.

from room 1 to room 2. sure.

From rack 5 unit 36 to rack 5 unit 34, because we couldn't find a 200Gbps switch.

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

I’m pretty interested in the micro collocation.

Would you be willing to install one of these along with an NVME SSD in the £5 per month category?

http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/details/Orange-Pi-5-32GB.html

Also I’m based in the UK so it would be pretty pointless to ship one to here configure it and ship it out to the US, if I ordered one directly to you could you get Debian installed etc?

Thanks in advance!

• Do you provide psychological help via phone? Just to vent out about amd vs intel clash etc.

• @legendary said:
    Do you provide psychological help via phone? Just to vent out about amd vs intel clash etc.

@jfreak53 said on OGF that he'll do anything for the right money.

• jfreak53jfreak53 Hosting Provider

@natvps_uk said:

Would you be willing to install one of these along with an NVME SSD in the £5 per month category?

http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/details/Orange-Pi-5-32GB.html

Also I’m based in the UK so it would be pretty pointless to ship one to here configure it and ship it out to the US, if I ordered one directly to you could you get Debian installed etc?

Thanks in advance!

With the external drive it would make it bigger than a pi, so it would probably be the size of a nuc at that point. As the order form says, you'd have to select micro size at that point for the space usage. Guess it depends on final size, if you can find a hat to Mount older style m2 with that keeps it the pi size then yeah, but then you have wattage usage. All of that is on the order form, check it out.

We can install, yes, but we'd have to charge remote hands for the install part. $5 a month pi means no wiggle room, we plug it in, and walk away 😁

@yoursunny said: said on OGF that he'll do anything for the right money

I mean, if someone wants to pay my consulting fee, I'll sit on the phone and listen to your rants about Intel 😂

microtronixdc.com - Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Full-Rack options, VPS. John 3:16 - Jesus Saves!!
    Massive Network Bandwidth options with Fiber throughout, up to 100Gbps connections! Always-On DDoS Mitigation for all traffic!

@jfreak53 said:

@natvps_uk said:

Thanks in advance!

With the external drive it would make it bigger than a pi, so it would probably be the size of a nuc at that point. As the order form says, you'd have to select micro size at that point for the space usage. Guess it depends on final size, if you can find a hat to Mount older style m2 with that keeps it the pi size then yeah, but then you have wattage usage. All of that is on the order form, check it out.

We can install, yes, but we'd have to charge remote hands for the install part. $5 a month pi means no wiggle room, we plug it in, and walk away 😁

I mean, if someone wants to pay my consulting fee, I'll sit on the phone and listen to your rants about Intel 😂

The orange Pi has an NVME slot so no need for a hat or external enclosure.

In The Power Consumption Benchmark, The Orange Pi 5 Consumed 3.3 Watts At Idle And 7.3 Watts At Full Load.

without the NVME drive the power consumption is 7.3w at full load (which it likely never would be) the NVME drive I’m looking at has a maximum power consumption of 2.8w.

This obviously isn’t taking into account the inefficiency of the power supply although this is calculated running synthetic workloads.

Based off this I think it would fit in the 10w price bracket.

If you’re happy with this I would like to place the order.

• @jfreak53 said:

@natvps_uk said:

We can install, yes, but we'd have to charge remote hands for the install part.

@natvps_uk can find some r/SlaveLabour to do the install, paying in MicroNode credits 😉

$5 a month pi means no wiggle room, we plug it in, and walk away 😁

Do you have to at least configure IP addresses?

What's the fee for fighting an actual wolf?
    @AuroraZero supplies the wolf.

@natvps_uk can find some r/SlaveLabour to do the install, paying in MicroNode credits

I can just preconfigure a MicroSD card and ship it over, seems counter productive shipping something from China to the UK to then ship it to the states on the SBC though.

@natvps_uk said:

@jfreak53 said:

@natvps_uk said:

Thanks in advance!

The orange Pi has an NVME slot so no need for a hat or external enclosure.

In The Power Consumption Benchmark, The Orange Pi 5 Consumed 3.3 Watts At Idle And 7.3 Watts At Full Load.

without the NVME drive the power consumption is 7.3w at full load (which it likely never would be) the NVME drive I’m looking at has a maximum power consumption of 2.8w.

This obviously isn’t taking into account the inefficiency of the power supply although this is calculated running synthetic workloads.

Based off this I think it would fit in the 10w price bracket.

If you’re happy with this I would like to place the order.

Sounds good.

@yoursunny said: What's the fee for fighting an actual wolf?

Dealers choice on weaponry? Standard rates apply.

Sounds good.

It’s powered by USB-C, what’s provided in terms of outlets? Do I just need to ship a standard US power supply and USB-C cable?

@natvps_uk said:

Sounds good.

It’s powered by USB-C, what’s provided in terms of outlets? Do I just need to ship a standard US power supply and USB-C cable?

Standard NEMA 5-15R, so yes, you'll need to provide regular plug. Now.....I've toyed with the idea of a USB hub for pi's, save me some space and wattage in conversion. But, I have yet to find one network controllable I can monitor and switch on/off like I can a pdu. If someone knows of a PDU USB hub net accessible I'm all ears.

@jfreak53 said:

@natvps_uk said:

Sounds good.

Standard NEMA 5-15R, so yes, you'll need to provide regular plug. Now.....I've toyed with the idea of a USB hub for pi's, save me some space and wattage in conversion. But, I have yet to find one network controllable I can monitor and switch on/off like I can a pdu. If someone knows of a PDU USB hub net accessible I'm all ears.

We used to host PIs in a DC a few years back, we used 20 port hubs to power them and got around the rebooting using the reset pins on the pis.

Basically we had a single PI4 with a gpio expander to act as the controller. Each pi was assigned a number which matched the pin it was connected to on the controller pi. The controller pi ran a flask app where the pin could be pulled high or low to reboot the pi via an API which integrated with our panel at the time.

Thanked by (1)jfreak53
  • @jfreak53 said:
    Now.....I've toyed with the idea of a USB hub for pi's, save me some space and wattage in conversion. But, I have yet to find one network controllable I can monitor and switch on/off like I can a pdu. If someone knows of a PDU USB hub net accessible I'm all ears.

Mentally strong IoT builder makes a network controllable PDU out of ESP32 and relay modules.
    "Alexa, power cycle rack 6 unit 9 port 7"

• @yoursunny said:

@jfreak53 said:
    Now.....I've toyed with the idea of a USB hub for pi's, save me some space and wattage in conversion. But, I have yet to find one network controllable I can monitor and switch on/off like I can a pdu. If someone knows of a PDU USB hub net accessible I'm all ears.

Mentally strong IoT builder makes a network controllable PDU out of ESP32 and relay modules.
    "Alexa, power cycle rack 6 unit 9 port 7"

no

@natvps_uk said:

@jfreak53 said:

@natvps_uk said:

Sounds good.

We used to host PIs in a DC a few years back, we used 20 port hubs to power them and got around the rebooting using the reset pins on the pis.

Basically we had a single PI4 with a gpio expander to act as the controller. Each pi was assigned a number which matched the pin it was connected to on the controller pi. The controller pi ran a flask app where the pin could be pulled high or low to reboot the pi via an API which integrated with our panel at the time.

That would be a good idea for rented PiS, but to do this for Colo pis I see being a problem 🤔

For our hosted PiS we are launching soon they will be poe and we will control reboots via SNMP on our controller system.

@yoursunny said: Mentally strong IoT builder makes a network controllable PDU out of ESP32 and relay modules.

Don't temp me, I'll pull apart my usb hub and hook up the spare esp I have sitting on my desk just to try 😂

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

• @jfreak53 said: If someone knows of a PDU USB hub net accessible I'm all ears.

There are PoE to USB adapters/power supplys. The one built by Unifi works fine with a Pi 3, don't know about the Pi 4.
    Then you would just have to toggle the switch port.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @jfreak53 - sorry to derail what seems to be an otherwise interesting discussion on the Pi's.

I had a few questions on your storage offering:

1. raidz2 - could you share a few details on the underlying setup (vdevs, caching if any etc.)
    2. possible to allow for user driven snapshots (maybe some hourly + daily)? Any likelihood that the user can take snapshots themselves on demand (so delegated permissions)?
    3. borgbackup availability? Alternatively, can one install a binary (I assume it's an x86_64 setup) and execute remotely?
    4. possible to get started with a 500GB setup instead of the 1TB one? It'll allow testing things out before "growing" into 1TB (or more).

Thanks.

@Brueggus said:

@jfreak53 said: If someone knows of a PDU USB hub net accessible I'm all ears.

There are PoE to USB adapters/power supplys. The one built by Unifi works fine with a Pi 3, don't know about the Pi 4.
    Then you would just have to toggle the switch port.

Yeah, thats actually what we're going to do, seemed the easiest to do and our system can control the ports automatically via SNMP.

@nullnothere here are some answers

1. Not quite sure what other details you would need, we do vdevs based on sizes we need, try to keep them smaller if possible for less possibility of failure on resilvering. We do small level caching in case of the server just going doing, but if they are larger individual files being written they'll not be cached. This is backup space, not storage arrays for slabs.
    2. On demand, not yet, soon. But yes you can customize, just open a ticket.
    3. Open a ticket, usually yes, but need to check on each before and check security of it before we allow it.
    4. Sorry, no, 1TB is minimum, our price is built on it. Its only $4, its like a cheap vps.
    Thanked by (1)nullnothere

• intel nuc+nvme have better performance.

edited December 2023

For any providers out there interested in full-rack, we have just massively reduced our full-rack colo pricing, no setup fees anymore, and it now includes 2G unmetered fiber with base pricing!

42U Full-Cabinet Colo - $600 /month/starting free setup with 12+ month contract Month-to-month no-contract now available!!

• Included 2G Fiber - Upgrades 3G, 10G, 40G, 100G Speeds (Unmetered)
    • 20A power (Up to 30A!) 90% usage!
      No other provider gives this much power usage per drop! Even with our bill per kWh we are cheaper than our competitors at full-throttle!

• 20Ax120v 2160w usage
      • 20Ax240v 4320w usage
      • 30Ax240v 6480w usage
      • 30Ax240v Three Phase 11,223w usage!
    • Free Fiber Cross-Connect

• Direct Fiber into rack

Direct buy Caged space coming soon!! Gonna try to have a basic cage space pricing plan up by end of the week, granted with caged space its hard to make cookie cutter, but that's my goal for a basic starting cage space.

View here

Thanked by (2)jugganuts linveo

• @jfreak53 said:
    Standard NEMA 5-15R, so yes, you'll need to provide regular plug.

I wonder how long before a Pi with an AliExpress plug supply burns your datacenter down.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @aeg said:

@jfreak53 said:
    Standard NEMA 5-15R, so yes, you'll need to provide regular plug.

I wonder how long before a Pi with an AliExpress plug supply burns your datacenter down.

Don't worry, someone will colo an automated fire extinguisher.
    🧯

You can colo a temperate sensor to find out about a fire before @jfreak53 does.