I need Wordpress hosting

I need some cheap Wordpress hosting as my current host is closing it's doors at the end of the hear. Who's your go-to?

Prefer UK if possible.

Comments

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

I use & recommend MDDHosting.
    Not super-cheap, but MDDHosting's Turbo Elastic Reseller hosting starts at $10 per month and can host a dozen WP sites easily (I use and prefer the more expensive Plaid platform that starts at $30 per month).

Turbo Elastic Reseller

Plaid Reseller

Veerotech is also good, they are cheaper for their starting shared hosting offers starting at $5 per month.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• Cheaper is good, this is for a single site that has very little traffic, but needs to be available.

• I'm interested in this too.

Currently I am running a 3-node WordPress cluster (Europe + east/west US) which takes daily snapshots of the image and has failover by automatically updating the CloudFlare DNS if the primary node goes down. I hate WordPress and would rather not do this myself, but it seems to be more than most places offer without charging an arm and a leg.

@Nekki said:
    Cheaper is good, this is for a single site that has very little traffic, but needs to be available.

My uptime stats:
    https://status.bikegremlin.com/

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited December 2023

If you keep remote backups (e.g. using updraftplus, or otherwhise backup files+dtb), maybe just get one of those 20€ one-time shared/reseller hosting plans from @MikePT ? DE node had some hiccups lately, but Mike's been on top of it and it's been running stable for years. Performance is also good.

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/7c992c4475fc3fcb76e7d38e5f3115a7/

Otherwhise, probably some cheap webhosting on sale for like 5-10€/yr may be sufficient for a low traffic wp site :)

Thanked by (1)MikePT
  • MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@Nekki said:
    Cheaper is good, this is for a single site that has very little traffic, but needs to be available.

Consider my new Europe SPanel plans that are replacing DirectAdmin in Europe, I'm sure you've seen the promo on the LES offers. If you don't like it I'll let you request a refund anytime. Just not in UK since it's on Hetzner.

But, if you want another opinion, MDDHosting is probably your best bet for the big names and not having a shit experience.

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• I can throw you on the node in Chicago for free man if you are interested. Either that or LA but I don't have UK node yet.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @tetech said:
    I'm interested in this too.

Currently I am running a 3-node WordPress cluster (Europe + east/west US) which takes daily snapshots of the image and has failover by automatically updating the CloudFlare DNS if the primary node goes down. I hate WordPress and would rather not do this myself, but it seems to be more than most places offer without charging an arm and a leg.

How did you setup your 3 node with DNS updating? What tools and providers did you use?

• @MikeA said:
    But, if you want another opinion, MDDHosting is probably your best bet for the big names and not having a shit experience.

MDD is considered to be one of the big names?

@Joseph said:

@MikeA said:

I'd say so, they just don't spend as much money on advertisements through usual venues like others do.

Yours truly.

• @MikeA said:

@Joseph said:

@MikeA said:

I'd say so, they just don't spend as much money on advertisements through usual venues like others do.

What other hosting providers would you consider to be in the same category as MDD?

@Joseph said:

@MikeA said:

@Joseph said:

@MikeA said:

What other hosting providers would you consider to be in the same category as MDD?

MDD is commonly mentioned on the websites/blogs alongside the other big names (mostly EIG or whatever) that have high affiliate payout, so I just mean the big big brands that are commonly mentioned (Like A2Hosting, HostGator, Crocweb, etc) but that MDD is on a different level compared to those when it comes to support and features.

Yours truly.

• @Joseph said:

@tetech said:
    I'm interested in this too.

How did you setup your 3 node with DNS updating? What tools and providers did you use?

WordOps inside LXC. Add galera to make a 3-node DB cluster. Sync WordPress directories using csync2 (replacing this with bind-mounted MinIO). Use tinc to form a private cloud between nodes. Use a monitoring service of your choice (StatusCake in this example) with a webhook contact that updates DNS using the CloudFlare API.

Requires 3x VPS, this week I have it running on HostHatch, GreenCloud and LiteServer but I move things around depending where I have a spare VPS. LXC installed on the VPS so can just take a DB dump and full/incremental snapshot of the container with a cron job then send it to a backup server.

• @SpeedyPage along with their bunnycdn package

Team push-ups!

edited December 2023

@MikeA said:

@Joseph said:

@MikeA said:

@Joseph said:

@MikeA said:

MDD is commonly mentioned on the websites/blogs alongside the other big names (mostly EIG or whatever) that have high affiliate payout, so I just mean the big big brands that are commonly mentioned (Like A2Hosting, HostGator, Crocweb, etc) but that MDD is on a different level compared to those when it comes to support and features.

My experience has been (and still is) quite the opposite:

Most people have no idea that MDDHosting exists.
    They know about BlueHost, HostGator and the likes, sure, but MDDHosting only got mentioned when I asked for advice on hosting-related forums, and even there it doesn't get mentioned very often (at least that's my impression).

Edit:
    It also seems to be a quite small, privately-owned company, not a greedy corporation that underpays (and exploits) folks from poor countries.

It sure is a night and day difference in terms of quality compared to the EIG crap. :)

Relja

• NekkiNekki OG
    edited December 2023

@MikeA said:

@Nekki said:

Consider my new Europe SPanel plans that are replacing DirectAdmin in Europe, I'm sure you've seen the promo on the LES offers. If you don't like it I'll let you request a refund anytime. Just not in UK since it's on Hetzner.

Europe is OK, I haven't seen your offers, will take a look.

Well out of my price range.

@AuroraZero said:
    I can throw you on the node in Chicago for free man if you are interested. Either that or LA but I don't have UK node yet.

Appreciate it my man, I will keep looking for something UK/Europe for now, but if I can't find anything suitable I may come back to you, if that's ok.

• If you are not stuck on the UK then Buyshared. For $24 yearly it's been solid for me running a WP site without issue.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Ympker
  • @Lee said:
    If you are not stuck on the UK then Buyshared. For $24 yearly it's been solid for me running a WP site without issue.

Good shout, cheers. The $8/year plan might even be enough.

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • @MikePT @HostSlick - make this guy a Christmas offer.

How are you... online?

• webmashwebmash Hosting ProviderServices Provider

How much space do you need?

• @Nekki said:

@MikeA said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:
    I can throw you on the node in Chicago for free man if you are interested. Either that or LA but I don't have UK node yet.

Appreciate it my man, I will keep looking for something UK/Europe for now, but if I can't find anything suitable I may come back to you, if that's ok.

You know it is bro I was just throwing it out there in case you needed it.

Thanked by (2)Nekki bikegremlin

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@MikeA said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

You know it is bro I was just throwing it out there in case you needed it.

Legend

• @webmash said:
    How much space do you need?

Current site is about 500MB all in, with rolling backups maybe 1-2GB max?

• @Nekki said: Prefer UK if possible.

I have multiple WP websites over Kuroit's services (Basic and Pro plans). Pretty satisfied so far.
    They are UK based and have other web hosting options too.

£3 monthly, 5GB - unmetered BW
    Daily Backups & UK location (London)
    Contact and signup on our website.

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG

@Nekki you know KWH <3 Loves you so we wants to offer you a Free Hosting in CA if your willing to have one

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• @webmash said:

Thanks for the offer, I'll consider it.

No problem, feel free to contact us and we can arrange a trial.

Merry Christmas.
    WM 🎄

@Nekki said:

@webmash said:

Thanks for the offer, I'll consider it.