Cheapest provider(s) with multiple locations?

edited January 5 in Requests

Hello we are in process of building mrt/ping/traceroute tool but need various cheapest provider(s) with multiple locations.
Does not need to have dedicated ipv4, shared ipv4 is good (nat vps). ipv6 is also good to have.

Thx for help!

Comments

• natkvmnet
    greencloudvps
    gullo's hosting
    & metalvps :trollface:

Thanked by (2)s_e_r_v_e_r BasToTheMax

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Abdullah at webhorizon

Thanked by (2)s_e_r_v_e_r Abdullah

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Checkout
    https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/ (some links are aff)
    For some really cheap deals.

Thanked by (2)s_e_r_v_e_r BasToTheMax
  • SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider
    edited January 5

@s_e_r_v_e_r said:
    Hello we are in process of building mrt/ping/traceroute tool but need various cheapest provider(s) with multiple locations.
    Does not need to have dedicated ipv4, shared ipv4 is good (nat vps). ipv6 is also good to have.

Thx for help!

And there is also MrVM

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• @natvps_uk and their micronodes with credits would prolly work nicely

• https://4vps.su/ is great, but not sure if that's the price point you are looking for. But they do have API and hourly payment, so you can use when needed or something.

• @treesmokah said:
    https://4vps.su/ is great, but not sure if that's the price point you are looking for. But they do have API and hourly payment, so you can use when needed or something.

They are shit, still got my up to 30ms to the gateway + nice cpu steal.
    Despite how loaded the node is, they still deploy you on that Node.

• They are not very active on this forum but hosthatch has many locations. One of the mentioned nat providers is hosting with them I guess.

• edited January 14

@Neoon said:

@treesmokah said:
    https://4vps.su/ is great, but not sure if that's the price point you are looking for. But they do have API and hourly payment, so you can use when needed or something.

I've noticed that too when I test deployed a VM after your comment on the other forum.
    Either way, I tried 3 times and 1 of them I got assigned to a less loaded node with a different subnet.

Opened a ticket aswell btw, got told more nodes will be added soon

You're also talking about the 80RUB plan which is a PROMO plan.

• @zgato said: You're also talking about the 80RUB plan which is a PROMO plan.

LOL, @Neoon did you really expect non-oversold vps for 90 cents per month in Russia?
    Their normal plans are very good.

• @treesmokah said:

@zgato said: You're also talking about the 80RUB plan which is a PROMO plan.

LOL, @Neoon did you really expect non-oversold vps for 90 cents per month in Russia?

To be fair, the node they're assigning now with the 87.251.66.0/24 subnet is oversold to a point of unusable, at all.
    Just ping a random IP address from that /24 and you'll get packet loss, and not even because of the network but because the VPSs can't even handle pings.

apt update will take 20 minutes and upgrading is impossible, at all. Their other nodes on the PROMO plan work perfectly fine.

• @zgato said:

@Neoon said:

@treesmokah said:

I've noticed that too when I test deployed a VM after your comment on the other forum.
    Either way, I tried 3 times and 1 of them I got assigned to a less loaded node with a different subnet.

Opened a ticket aswell btw, got told more nodes will be added soon

You're also talking about the 80RUB plan which is a PROMO plan.

Yes, I did the same, he put me on a different oversold node.
    Yes its just a PROMO plan, but I would expect them at least to have no high cpu steal or high jitter on the network.

I don't care about high YABS or I/O on cheap/promo plans, however, I do care about usability.
    That PROMO thing is beyond usable.

• @treesmokah said:

@zgato said: You're also talking about the 80RUB plan which is a PROMO plan.

Yes, my 75RUB from Firstbyte.ru isn't oversold and usable.
    Same goes for my ex. gcorelabs all 88RUB, not oversold, usable.

These run on old hardware, E5 whatever, don't care as long they are usable.

• @Kuroit provides good and reliable services too.

• Good marketer.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @Neoon said: Yes, my 75RUB from Firstbyte.ru isn't oversold and usable.

Do these Russian providers still accept 'western' payment methods (or crypto) or how do you pay for them?

• @benz said:

@Neoon said: Yes, my 75RUB from Firstbyte.ru isn't oversold and usable.

Do these Russian providers still accept 'western' payment methods (or crypto) or how do you pay for them?

Some do, the ones that still do, use some 3rd party magic shittlery to bypass the sanctions.
    Which comes anywhere from 10 to easily 50% in fees.

Since I am here for cheap servers, I don't use that, I just pay directly in RUB, the only thing I pay is the exchange rate.
    Which right now is at 96 to 1, cheap.

Thanked by (1)benz
  • SMARTHOSTSMARTHOST Hosting ProviderOG

We have 30+ data centers locations, and growing.
    Contact us to make a bulk deal for all of them at once.

~ SMARTHOST

SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Join our Resale Program
    https://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD KVM VPS - $2.95/month!

• edited January 15

@SMARTHOST said:

~ SMARTHOST

I recommend nobody do business with SmartHost/Letbox/their other brands, they were completely compromised of which they didn't inform clients(entire WHMCS, billing info, passwords, and more)
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/7143/letbox-hack-outage

They tried to play it off as "DDOS", but why would ddos require all vps to be reinstalled?
    They do not take your personal information seriously and tried to purposefully mislead people in to believing nothing was stolen. Their entire database is still in possession of attackers and can be dropped any time.

Thanked by (2)fluttershy yoursunny
    edited January 16

@treesmokah said:

@SMARTHOST said:

~ SMARTHOST

I recommend nobody do business with SmartHost/Letbox/their other brands, they were completely compromised of which they didn't inform clients(entire WHMCS, billing info, passwords, and more)

They tried to play it off as "DDOS", but why would ddos require all vps to be reinstalled?
    They do not take your personal information seriously and tried to purposefully mislead people in to believing nothing was stolen. Their entire database is still in possession of attackers and can be dropped any time.

Totally inaccurate, and you have no clue what you are talking about.
    You are confusing multiple issues, of which you have no actual factual knowledge of on what occurred whatsoever.
    Our recent VPS platform ddos/hack issues had nothing to do whatsoever to the widespread WHMCS/module/theme hacks/breaches affecting the industry recently.
    You also have no knowledge of what actually occurred, timeframe, when, and what steps/actions were taken on our end.
    At no time were any VPS required to be re-installed as you claim.
    I suggest you have firsthand knowledge about such things before you open your mouth in the future.
    You sir...are a moron.

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by (1)dedicados

SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Join our Resale Program
    https://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD KVM VPS - $2.95/month!

• edited January 16

@SMARTHOST said:

@treesmokah said:

@SMARTHOST said:

~ SMARTHOST

Totally inaccurate, and you have no clue what you are talking about.
    You are confusing multiple issues, of which you have no actual factual knowledge of on what occurred whatsoever.
    Our recent VPS platform ddos/hack issues had nothing to do whatsoever to the widespread WHMCS/module/theme hacks/breaches affecting the industry recently.
    You also have no knowledge of what actually occurred, timeframe, when, and what steps/actions were taken on our end.
    At no time were any VPS required to be re-installed as you claim.
    I suggest you have firsthand knowledge about such things before you open your mouth in the future.

Prove me wrong then. Prove the credible attacker who dropped countless databases of WHMCS providers was lying. He claims to have your database and Letbox. Did you pay the ransom to not get dropped?

And these "ddos" issues happened right after he claimed to have your database. I smell BS.

@SMARTHOST said: You sir...are a moron.

Is this your WHMCS license? "Leased-bfb300b4ab291970f164"
    Thanks for free .host domains registered in your name bro. Your WHMCS config was already dropped publicly.
    Are you really trying to deny it ever happened?

That has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the hacking issues going on currently in the hosting industry with regards to billing module/themes that you are mentioning.
    Completely separate issue entirely, but your brain doesn't seem to be able to comprehend that.
    You are making assumptions, and they are 100% incorrect.

Get your issues straight, and maybe you'll get a better response.

~ SMARTHOST

• LMAO

~ Treesmokah

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@SMARTHOST said:

@treesmokah said:

@SMARTHOST said:

~ SMARTHOST

You sir...are a moron.

Please refrain from personal insults - this goes for all members.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• Maybe greencloud

• @SGraf said:

@s_e_r_v_e_r said:

Thx for help!

And there is also MrVM

was

• @cold said:

@SGraf said:

@s_e_r_v_e_r said:

Thx for help!

And there is also MrVM

was

oh wow yeah they really did just kill every location

• SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider

@fluttershy said:

Just because you cannot provision new services in an "old" location, does not mean its gone. So need to be dramatic...

Yes, some locations changed/closed. In total 8 of the original locations (13 Servers) should still be operational.
    Plus.... MrVM now has added two new in .us (altho stock on there is still a bit limited/sporadic), and also an Amsterdam location. I have some new stuff on the roadmap for it this year as well.

So overall, I think there is quite a positive outlook.

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• @SGraf said:

@fluttershy said:

Just because you cannot provision new services in an "old" location, does not mean its gone. So need to be dramatic...

Yes, some locations changed/closed. In total 8 of the original locations (13 Servers) should still be operational.
    Plus.... MrVM now has added two new in .us (altho stock on there is still a bit limited/sporadic), and also an Amsterdam location. I have some new stuff on the roadmap for it this year as well.

So overall, I think there is quite a positive outlook.

gotcha, great news then! I just assumed the locations for order were the only ones left and got a little sad. Great to see that isn't the case.

Thanked by (1)skorous