LES Members Respond to FlorinMarian Exposing IHostArt Panel Issues

Comments

• @cybertech said:
    @FlorinMarian better hold on tight to your day job.

I do, but second job is also something I won't leave.

• @FlorinMarian said:

@cybertech said:

When the dust has settled, you might be able to advertise on webhostingtalk.com because of their weird rules, but I think you have destroyed your reputation permanently on green forums.

• @xvps said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@cybertech said:

When the dust has settled, you might be able to advertise on webhostingtalk.com because of their weird rules, but I think you have destroyed your reputation permanently on green forums.

Or doing it locally for romanian small business.

Dentistry is my passion

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

@FlorinMarian

I wrote you last night, there is no competition between the 2 of you. Your target clientele is not the same, never was actually.

Calin has DCMA i could not care more stamp. Actually, he is more like @cociu from this point of view, hence the top noch net performance he has ( no offense to anyone using services like this, just have to make my point of view ). If calin thinks that hosting anything will make him $, that is he's sole problem, not my, not yours, not anyone's.

Fact that he lied about having 3000 customers, he, yes, probably, we will know the truth on that when he moves all ip's to the ASN I gave him, but again, none of our problem, and well, he got 18 ~3 weeks ago, so I can understand the exaggeration/lie. I also understand the lack of competence at that age, but is not my business to point that out. Either I can help, or just get some popcorn and watch the show.

You 2 going on each-other does more damage to both of you than good, beside the popcorn drama, fueled by some for amusement and by the fact that you 2 are too young to handle a thing like this apparently.

You messed that tread big time from the start. To make my point more clear, if you would have contacted @calin to help him out ( he has no clue how to fix this) you would have actually washed away the 2 weeks downtime instantly in most eyes, not in the eyes of "the haters" as you call them, but in the eyes of those who value respect. You do not have to "love" your competitor ( if competitor is what you think he is ), but you have to respect him, beating him a a fair fight gains respect, rubbing him in the mud will gain only drama and usually not the outcome you wish.

It was a shitty business/tactic move. You do not open a second front while you are getting messed up at home ( the DDOS/ISP Fuckup ) for example.

I get the fact that you wanted to point out how messed up he's platform is, think that most of us do not know that already?
    There are much better ways to earn a fan base than to expose a security breach publicly, with the breaches from Dec-2023 you just picked the worst moment possibly and the wrong thread to put that out.

Heck, if that was posted in the 'Providers" thread you might actually gotten away with it as you wanted, I will underline might here.

You are not a stupid kid, might have some expression mistakes and take most too personally, but not stupid.

People judge you by your actions, actions can be interpreted in 1000 ways, this one backfired on you. Take it as it is, berry it, learn from it and move on.

You managed to piss most that wanted to help you out, I wish to see how will you fix that.

My offer is still on the table regarding your net connection if you wish to try again, write me.

Salut, HOST-C

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• @host_c said:
    @FlorinMarian

I wrote you last night, there is no competition between the 2 of you. Your target clientele is not the same, never was actually.

Calin has DCMA i could not care more stamp. Actually, he is more like @cociu from this point of view, hence the top noch net performance he has ( no offense to anyone using services like this, just have to make my point of view ). If calin thinks that hosting anything will make him $, that is he's sole problem, not my, not yours, not anyone's.

Fact that he lied about having 3000 customers, he, yes, probably, we will know the truth on that when he moves all ip's to the ASN I gave him, but again, none of our problem, and well, he got 18 ~3 weeks ago, so I can understand the exaggeration/lie. I also understand the lack of competence at that age, but is not my business to point that out. Either I can help, or just get some popcorn and watch the show.

You 2 going on each-other does more damage to both of you than good, beside the popcorn drama, fueled by some for amusement and by the fact that you 2 are too young to handle a thing like this apparently.

You messed that tread big time from the start. To make my point more clear, if you would have contacted @calin to help him out ( he has no clue how to fix this) you would have actually washed away the 2 weeks downtime instantly in most eyes, not in the eyes of "the haters" as you call them, but in the eyes of those who value respect. You do not have to "love" your competitor ( if competitor is what you think he is ), but you have to respect him, beating him a a fair fight gains respect, rubbing him in the mud will gain only drama and usually not the outcome you wish.

It was a shitty business/tactic move. You do not open a second front while you are getting messed up at home ( the DDOS/ISP Fuckup ) for example.

I get the fact that you wanted to point out how messed up he's platform is, think that most of us do not know that already?
    There are much better ways to earn a fan base than to expose a security breach publicly, with the breaches from Dec-2023 you just picked the worst moment possibly and the wrong thread to put that out.

Heck, if that was posted in the 'Providers" thread you might actually gotten away with it as you wanted, I will underline might here.

You are not a stupid kid, might have some expression mistakes and take most too personally, but not stupid.

People judge you by your actions, actions can be interpreted in 1000 ways, this one backfired on you. Take it as it is, berry it, learn from it and move on.

You managed to piss most that wanted to help you out, I wish to see how will you fix that.

My offer is still on the table regarding your net connection if you wish to try again, write me.

Salut, HOST-C

Thanks a lot, DDoS is going to be fixed right today.

• edited January 19

@host_c said:
    ** You are not a stupid kid** [...]

False assumption. We already have the proof he's an idiot.

EDIT:
    Another proof that he's an idiot:

• @Calin created a thread to warn users about his potential data breach.
    • TheIdiot is the author of the illegal database access attempt.
    • Instead of finally admitting that he's an idiot with a chicken egg instead of brain, he starts to brag about his DDoS protection in a thread where he's the author of an illegal/criminal activity. Something like: yeah, I tried to hack, wtf... by the way, here, you can see our DDoS and our mediocre iperf traffic.
    • Indirectly advertising his services in another provider's thread.

If that's not a clear demonstration of an idiot being an idiot, I don't really know what is.

I am starting to wonder why @host_c is still trying to help TheIdiot in any way after all the demonstration he's done on LET and here...

Thanked by (2)treesmokah fluttershy
  • edited January 19

@Andreix said:

@host_c said:

EDIT:

• Instead of finally admitting that he's an idiot with a chicken egg instead of brain, he starts to brag about his DDoS protection in a thread where he's the author of an illegal/criminal activity. Something like: yeah, I tried to hack, wtf... by the way, here, you can see our DDoS and our mediocre iperf traffic.

If that's not a clear demonstration of an idiot being an idiot, I don't really know what is.

I am starting to wonder why @host_c is still trying to help TheIdiot in any way after all the demonstration he's done on LET and here...

So you registered a user just to mock FlorinMarian. Don't drag this forum down to LET level.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

As @Calin has send emails to clients regarding this and no customer data was exposed. The title of this thread has been changed. The thread is no longer regarding a customer data breach, but comments on the actions and responses of FlorinMarian.

Thanked by (3)bikegremlin wankel adly

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @xvps said:

@Andreix said:

@host_c said:

EDIT:

So you registered a user just to mock Calin. Don't drag this forum down to LET level.

Where do you see me mocking @Calin ?

• Ban both - problem solved. Both show a blatant disregard for people's privacy and respect of data entrusted to them. Instead of watching two morons butting heads with no idea why - remove them.

Absolutely toxic for the community, with all the risk of misuse of illegally obtained data from both sides it's immoral to even allow the chance in my opinion. I'm not for banning many people, in fact I encourage discussion 99% of the time but this is just getting stupid and dangerous and obviously isn't going to improve

Thanked by (2)Amadex xvps
  • @Andreix said:

@xvps said:

@Andreix said:

@host_c said:

EDIT:

So you registered a user just to mock Calin. Don't drag this forum down to LET level.

*FlorinMarian

• @chris said:
    Ban both - problem solved. Both show a blatant disregard for people's privacy and respect of data entrusted to them. Instead of watching two morons butting heads with no idea why - remove them.

Absolutely toxic for the community, with all the risk of misuse of illegally obtained data from both sides it's immoral to even allow the chance in my opinion. I'm not for banning many people, in fact I encourage discussion 99% of the time but this is just getting stupid and dangerous and obviously isn't going to improve

this.

Thanked by (1)chris
  • @xvps said:

@Andreix said:

@xvps said:

@Andreix said:

@host_c said:

EDIT:

*FlorinMarian

Different story.
    Sure, I keep my statement that FlorinMarian is an idiot, or, if you want to put it more nicely: a monkey pressing buttons, hoping for the best, while throwing bananas at other monkeys hoping the zookeeper will pet him nicely.

Regarding my registration, I signed up mostly because I like forums in general. Having the opportunity to mock (what I consider to be) an idiot, is just an added bonus.

Thanked by (1)treesmokah
  • @FlorinMarian should be banned here also, LET wOOpEd his sorry ass !

• edited January 19

@chris said: Ban both - problem solved.

Get off your high horse, you want to ban everyone. You also wanted me banned for whatever reason.
    Only time I've seen you post here was whining about people and calling for bans.

While we are on topic of bans, why was @Andreix banned? He also runs a hosting company and I haven't seen him doing anything rule breaking here.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny skhron Abdullah
  • edited January 19

Get off your high horse, you want to ban everyone. You also wanted me banned for whatever reason.

No high horse for me, do you remember why? I can't really recall your name

• edited January 19

@chris said: No high horse for me, do you remember why? I can't really recall your name

I believe it was because I distributed Cloudie leak(public information) to affected people before Cloudie made any statement and was in full damage control mode.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/166227#Comment_166227

• @treesmokah said: While we are on topic of bans, why was @Andreix banned? He also runs a hosting company and I haven't seen him doing anything rule breaking here.

At a glance I'd expect it's "Don't be a dick."

Thanked by (1)host_c
  • @skorous said:

@treesmokah said: While we are on topic of bans, why was @Andreix banned? He also runs a hosting company and I haven't seen him doing anything rule breaking here.

Nothing he said was a lie. Also calling someone an Idiot is a pretty "reasonable" insult in my book.

• @treesmokah said:

@skorous said:

@treesmokah said: While we are on topic of bans, why was @Andreix banned? He also runs a hosting company and I haven't seen him doing anything rule breaking here.

Nothing he said was a lie. Also calling someone an Idiot is a pretty "reasonable" insult in my book.

To be fair, not sure I'd use you as my litmus test.

Thanked by (1)chris
  • rootroot OG
    edited January 19

Finally! Some popcorn drama with butter!

How are you... online?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 19

@Amadex said:

@chris said:
    Ban both - problem solved. Both show a blatant disregard for people's privacy and respect of data entrusted to them. Instead of watching two morons butting heads with no idea why - remove them.

this.

I don't think anybody really wants me to have the option to ban members because I think they are a "idiot/moron/immoral/stupid/incompetent/etc" do they ?
    Also in the case of a provider (without a tag) is it not better to let them have a voice here and dig their own grave ?
    Does it not give some buying hesitation to future members who are unfamiliar with these providers , when they see this stuff, as opposed to not finding the information ?
    Obviously what FlorinMarian did by posting what he did on LET was wrong. I don't think that anyone is disputing or supporting that type of behavior.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    Obviously what FlorinMarian did by posting what he did on LET was wrong. I don't think that anyone is disputing or supporting that type of behavior.

True. But the hate drama is strong with this one. Let him dig his (grave) "involucration".

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:

this.

I don't think anybody really wants me to have the option to ban members because I think they are a "idiot/moron/immoral/stupid/incompetent/etc" do they ?
    Also in the case of a provider (without a tag) is it not better to let them have a voice here and dig their own grave ?
    Does it not give some buying hesitation to future members who are unfamiliar with these providers , when they see this stuff, as opposed to not finding the information ?

Of course it was wrong, I knew this from the start since I was aware that any revenge is wrong.
    If I could turn back time, I wouldn't do it again, but that's another discussion for later.

• host_chost_c Hosting Provider

Somebody should edit wikipedia for the word "involucration" and sign it as "the outcome of the cociu event" =)

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• @FlorinMarian said:
    Of course it was wrong, I knew this from the start since I was aware that any revenge is wrong.
    If I could turn back time, I wouldn't do it again, but that's another discussion for later.

We hope you have learned the lesson.
    Think before you write.
    Practice self-censorship.

Thanked by (1)FlorinMarian

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @dosai said:

@FlorinMarian said:

@jmaxwell said:

@treesmokah said:

@dosai said:
    Why isn't @FlorinMarian banned here?

He doesn't deserve to be banned here, he didn't do anything wrong here.
    I'm also banned on LET but free to talk here as long as I play by local rules.

You got banned because you probably pissed off some mod or something. What Florin did is not even remotely close. It is like spitting in the face of whole community and everything it stands for just because ‘he got intimidated by a kid with broken english and his caveman operation’. Hence the outcry for ban.

my 0.69 cents

And when I think that I posted that to help the community... (obviously, not Calin).

You are truly delusional.

I thought my delusions were bad enough when I kept imagining my whole life with every girl I saw. Thanks for proving that wrong @FlorinMarian

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• @FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:

this.

Everyone was stupid in some way. But also everyone should open the eyes and look further. Keep in mind, both made a mistake and both can't be used as daily drivers. Stay away from them or any romanian providers. They made enough dramas lately and in last years.

• @treesmokah said:

@chris said: No high horse for me, do you remember why? I can't really recall your name

I believe it was because I distributed Cloudie leak(public information) to affected people before Cloudie made any statement and was in full damage control mode.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/166227#Comment_166227

Ahhh then against the rules - then I stand by what I said at the time! Apologies for forgetting you.

• Everyone was stupid in some way. But also everyone should open the eyes and look further. Keep in mind, both made a mistake and both can't be used as daily drivers. Stay away from them or any romanian providers. They made enough dramas lately and in last years.

This is the trouble, I know of a Romanian provider who won't touch these forums due to associated bad PR - in my opinion keeping them around as the butt of the joke is short sighted. They've both at a bare minimum attempted to commit, or actually committed a crime.

That's where I'd draw the line personally