LES Members Respond to FlorinMarian Exposing IHostArt Panel Issues

Comments

• @FlorinMarian said:

@FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:
    Ban both - problem solved. Both show a blatant disregard for people's privacy and respect of data entrusted to them. Instead of watching two morons butting heads with no idea why - remove them.

Absolutely toxic for the community, with all the risk of misuse of illegally obtained data from both sides it's immoral to even allow the chance in my opinion. I'm not for banning many people, in fact I encourage discussion 99% of the time but this is just getting stupid and dangerous and obviously isn't going to improve

this.

I don't think anybody really wants me to have the option to ban members because I think they are a "idiot/moron/immoral/stupid/incompetent/etc" do they ?
    Also in the case of a provider (without a tag) is it not better to let them have a voice here and dig their own grave ?
    Does it not give some buying hesitation to future members who are unfamiliar with these providers , when they see this stuff, as opposed to not finding the information ?
    Obviously what FlorinMarian did by posting what he did on LET was wrong. I don't think that anyone is disputing or supporting that type of behavior.

Of course it was wrong, I knew this from the start since I was aware that any revenge is wrong.
    If I could turn back time, I wouldn't do it again, but that's another discussion for later.

A couple of pages before you defended your action, now this.

Go get some help, seriously dude.

• edited January 19

@FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:
    Ban both - problem solved. Both show a blatant disregard for people's privacy and respect of data entrusted to them. Instead of watching two morons butting heads with no idea why - remove them.

Absolutely toxic for the community, with all the risk of misuse of illegally obtained data from both sides it's immoral to even allow the chance in my opinion. I'm not for banning many people, in fact I encourage discussion 99% of the time but this is just getting stupid and dangerous and obviously isn't going to improve

this.

I don't think anybody really wants me to have the option to ban members because I think they are a "idiot/moron/immoral/stupid/incompetent/etc" do they ?
    Also in the case of a provider (without a tag) is it not better to let them have a voice here and dig their own grave ?
    Does it not give some buying hesitation to future members who are unfamiliar with these providers , when they see this stuff, as opposed to not finding the information ?
    Obviously what FlorinMarian did by posting what he did on LET was wrong. I don't think that anyone is disputing or supporting that type of behavior.

I am not in favor of banning him, but at the end of the day this is not a church to talk about ethics. This guy exposed a vulnerability that could potentially harm Calin clients, who (guess what?) happens to be members of the low end community.

This guy either didn't think about it due to short-sightedness (for which I doubt, even a amoeba could understand this), or he didnt give a shit. Both ways, this is a dead end.

So leave the continental philosophy aside and just focus on what's going on here and protect the community from such clowns.

By the way, having a provider tag is a privilege, which come with responsibilities, not a right. So please do the right thing when you also decide about this.

Thanked by (1)host_c
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 19

@itsdeadjim said:

@FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:

this.

I am not in favor of banning him, but at the end of the day this is not a church to talk about ethics. This guy exposed a vulnerability that could potentially harm Calin clients, who (guess what?) happens to be members of the low end community.

This guy either didn't think about it due to short-sightedness (for which I doubt, even a amoeba could understand this), or he didnt give a shit. Both ways, this is a dead end.

So leave the continental philosophy aside and just focus on what's going on here and protect the community from such clowns.

By the way, having a provider tag is a privilege, which come with responsibilities, not a right. So please do the right thing when you also decide about this.

His hosting provider tag was revoked before he was banned on the OGF. The review process has already been completed. So he will not be getting the tag back. IMO that is a reasonable way to protect the community.

I'm not sure what you mean to infer by the rest of your statement. So if there is something else that is not answered by my above comment please feel free to clarify for me.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @itsdeadjim said: This guy exposed a vulnerability that could potentially harm Calin clients

ironically, by exposing an unfixed vulnerability in a forum does not protect the clients.

• @FrankZ said: His hosting provider tag was revoked before he was banned on the OGF. The review process has already been completed. So he will not be getting the tag back. IMO that is a reasonable way to protect the community.

I'm not sure what you mean to infer by the rest of your statement. So if there is something else that is not answered by my above comment please feel free to clarify for me.

Ok, I missed that review process was completed, thanks for clarifying that.

The rest of the statement is a reply to your questions about moderation, particularly the first one.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Hmmm :no_mouth:

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles Otus9051 Kris

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Wow, what a bad start of a year. Loosing 2 main marketing sources. "At that moment he knew - he fucked up" - listen this in deep Morgan Freeman voice.

• @yoursunny said:

@FlorinMarian said:
    Of course it was wrong, I knew this from the start since I was aware that any revenge is wrong.
    If I could turn back time, I wouldn't do it again, but that's another discussion for later.

We hope you have learned the lesson.
    Think before you write.
    Practice self-censorship.

ofc he learned, soon will come offers for the mjj's

• @ascicode said:

@FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:

this.

Everyone was stupid in some way. But also everyone should open the eyes and look further. Keep in mind, both made a mistake and both can't be used as daily drivers. Stay away from them or any romanian providers. They made enough dramas lately and in last years.

agree, sooner or later they will f*you

• edited January 20

@cold said:

@ascicode said:

@FrankZ said:

@Amadex said:

@chris said:

this.

Everyone was stupid in some way. But also everyone should open the eyes and look further. Keep in mind, both made a mistake and both can't be used as daily drivers. Stay away from them or any romanian providers. They made enough dramas lately and in last years.

agree, sooner or later they will f*you

https://zetservers.com/ is great, connected to all Tier 1's and a bunch of IX'es, loads of PoP's. But not quite lowend, at cost of fairly priced premium bandwidth, in house ddos protection, and no fucks given about unlawful threats. I'd like to see other fellow Romanian providers using transit from them, good stuff.
    M247 shouldn't be going anywhere anytime soon either.

Bunea Telecom is also great for certain uses :) On the market for quite some time now, but largely unnoticed by general public(and that's good).

But yeah, in general these bottom feeders with insanely low prices aren't gonna last for long.

Thanked by (2)AKAGHT Not_Oles
  • @FlorinMarian so, you and @Calin were actually hosting from your basement? I thought that was some inside joke.
    And you were both hosting with just 1Gb/s home internet for the entire operation? how's that not fraud?

Thanked by (1)Calin
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@treesmokah said: https://zetservers.com/ is great, connected to all Tier 1's and a bunch of IX'es, loads of PoP's. But not quite lowend, at cost of fairly priced premium bandwidth, in house ddos protection, and no fucks given about unlawful threats. I'd like to see other fellow Romanian providers using transit from them, good stuff.

Ho @treesmokah!

Sounds like a good recommendation for ZetServers!

On their index page it says

Price Match
    Did you find a better offer? Just send us a quote request and we match the price!

So I sent ZetServers a ticket. It will be interesting to see what they say!

Best!

Tom

Thanked by (1)treesmokah

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @treesmokah said:

@jmaxwell said: You got banned because you probably pissed off some mod or something.

Yeah... They hate me, to put it lightly. I messed with Biloh's pocket.

What did you do?

• @xvps said:
    When the dust has settled, you might be able to advertise on webhostingtalk.com because of their weird rules, but I think you have destroyed your reputation permanently on green forums.

What weird rules there would permit this?

@Not_Oles said:

@treesmokah said: https://zetservers.com/ is great, connected to all Tier 1's and a bunch of IX'es, loads of PoP's. But not quite lowend, at cost of fairly priced premium bandwidth, in house ddos protection, and no fucks given about unlawful threats. I'd like to see other fellow Romanian providers using transit from them, good stuff.

Ho @treesmokah!

Price Match
    Did you find a better offer? Just send us a quote request and we match the price!

Best!

Tom

Exchanged a few emails with ZetServers. They seem very nice! They did offer a small discount on their published prices, but, unfortunately, they don't seem to have anything right now which fits into my low end budget. Better luck next time! Thanks again @treesmokah!

Thanked by (1)treesmokah

• @Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Ho @treesmokah!

Price Match

Best!

Tom

Exchanged a few emails with ZetServers. They seem very nice! They did offer a small discount on their published prices, but, unfortunately, they don't seem to have anything right now which fits into my low end budget. Better luck next time! Thanks again @treesmokah!

Did you ask for a price match for redacted's pricing?

• edited January 21

@Joseph said:

@treesmokah said:

@jmaxwell said: You got banned because you probably pissed off some mod or something.

What did you do?

Exposed corruption, got a couple of providers banned and embarrassed Biloh in front of thousands of people.
    His goons(SirFoxy) tried to go after me and people who just happened to agree with my opinions and tried to dox and intimidate them, literally mob tactics.

Before that I received a temp ban for being "toxic" when already mentioned goons tried to go after me.
    Rules for me, but not them. Then I was banned for reason unknown and left on hold for over 6 months and counting, I don't know to this day what I was banned for.
    Then I created a couple of alt accounts and set LET on fire showing their insane corruption.

At the end of the day, a few providers got banned after big outrage of LET community, SirFoxy got fired for trying to go after other providers solely because of his political believes and made everyone hate him. Any of my mentions of RackNerd Dustin being a convicted felon for "Grand theft" after Alpharacks resulted in instant ban and removal of threads and posts.
    LET is long gone, thanks to me any usage of a VPN or Tor on LET will get your account banned pretty much instantly. You cannot register with them either, neither with Firefox LTS as your browser lmao. Instead of trying to fingerprint me(which they cannot do) they outright banned common pieces of technology used by many people, just because I happened to use them as well.

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Ho @treesmokah!

Price Match

Best!

Tom

Yeah, as I said, they are not really lowend. They focus on "bandwidth" servers, they are most commonly used for IPTV and other streaming, that's what Zet is known for. That said their network is extremely nice, that's why I'm looking forward in to more Romanian providers catching up and getting transit from them.

• @treesmokah said:

@Joseph said:

@treesmokah said:

What did you do?

Exposed corruption, got a couple of providers banned and embarrassed Biloh in front of thousands of people.
    His goons(SirFoxy) tried to go after me and people who just happened to agree with my opinions and tried to dox and intimidate them, literally mob tactics.

Before that I received a temp ban for being "toxic" when already mentioned goons tried to go after me.
    Rules for me, but not them. Then I was banned for reason unknown and left on hold for over 6 months and counting, I don't know to this day what I was banned for.
    Then I created a couple of alt accounts and set LET on fire showing their insane corruption.

At the end of the day, a few providers got banned after big outrage of LET community, SirFoxy got fired for trying to go after other providers solely because of his political believes and made everyone hate him. Any of my mentions of RackNerd Dustin being a convicted felon for "Grand theft" after Alpharacks resulted in instant ban and removal of threads and posts.
    LET is long gone, thanks to me any usage of a VPN or Tor on LET will get your account banned pretty much instantly. You cannot register with them either, neither with Firefox LTS as your browser lmao. Instead of trying to fingerprint me(which they cannot do) they outright banned common pieces of technology used by many people, just because I happened to use them as well.

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Ho @treesmokah!

Price Match

Best!

Tom

Yeah, as I said, they are not really lowend. They focus on "bandwidth" servers, they are most commonly used for IPTV and other streaming, that's what Zet is known for. That said their network is extremely nice, that's why I'm looking forward in to more Romanian providers catching up and getting transit from them.

I'am eagerly waiting your resurection in OGF with some juicy drama. There is social justice warriors and there is members which understands your topics.

Thanked by (2)treesmokah Encoders
  • How to protect php files from downloading?

• @legendary said:

@treesmokah said:

@Joseph said:

@treesmokah said:

What did you do?

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Ho @treesmokah!

Price Match

Best!

Tom

I'am eagerly waiting your resurection in OGF with some juicy drama. There is social justice warriors and there is members which understands your topics.

Just now they banned LowEndVeteran @FrankZ for "spamming" in threads where it was encouraged by "Top Provider" RackNerd, without a warning of any kind.
    It stinks like they want to get rid of competition to OGF, nobody else was banned.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
  • edited January 21

Ah, let's stop with the dramatic artificial rivalry we have seen so many times. Plenty of us are on both forums.
    Frank does not advertise LES on LET in any manner, so it's hardly in a competition role there. After all they guy who created LES was also mod and then admin at LET at the same time.
    But it's still silly to see such a ban as it's a banned symptom not a source of those spam threads.

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman FrankZ
  • @Mumbly said: After all they guy who created LES was also mod and then admin at LET at the same time.

Times change, you should know very well LET is not what it used to be.

That said, time to execute order 66.

• @treesmokah said: Times change, you should know very well LET is not what it used to be.

Like you know...
    Of course, it's not. For a long time. Or I can say long before your time there. The best years at LET were before the Chief inherited LET from LEA and secretly sold it to CC, but that's a long history.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @treesmokah said: Just now they banned LowEndVeteran

7 day ban was just a flex by JB to "warn" those who will keep spamming by automated ways. Frank... I guess he does not care.

• edited January 21

@legendary said:

@treesmokah said: Just now they banned LowEndVeteran

7 day ban was just a flex by JB to "warn" those who will keep spamming by automated ways. Frank... I guess he does not care.

There was certain user on LET whose name got changed and started posting automatically some tech articles, it was believed to be Biloh himself farming SEO, but I guess we will never know for sure...

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • edited January 21

Tony40 (whoever it was behind).
    And we revealed him quickly, but not sure why bringing up every random OGF issue to LES now.
    LES is LES and LET is LET. Just keep it that way.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin ahnlak

@sh97 said:

@Not_Oles said:

@Not_Oles said:

Ho @treesmokah!

Price Match

Best!

Tom

Did you ask for a price match for redacted's pricing?

Yes. I asked them a general question about matching Redacted's pricing. They replied, asking me to tell them which server (of their servers) I wanted.

I shared the configurations I have from Redacted right now. They replied offering a small discount on one of their configurations.

Their configuration had more cores, but lower single core performance than my Redacted E-2276G. So I said no, and explained my reason. I asked them to keep in touch. They replied saying they would.

They were nice! They were polite! They were fast! I would have bought something if they had something a little smaller but a little faster. I hope everything continues well for them!

Tom

Thanked by (1)treesmokah

@treesmokah said: nobody else was banned.

Was it so?

Friendly greetings! :)

Thanked by (1)treesmokah

• @Not_Oles said: They were nice! They were polite! They were fast! I would have bought something if they had something a little smaller but a little faster. I hope everything continues well for them!

They are great people indeed. As I said above, they are mostly used for high bandwidth deployments like IPTV, VPN's etc. so they probably cater more towards that.
    Their bandwidth plans are extremely generous and always unmetered, also the network quality is on point.

They become my new favorite Romanian network, M247 held this spot before but Zet is even better than them.
    Their in-house high capacity ddos protection is just a cherry on top, they use Voxility datacenter but not their transit which is a big pro in my books because Voxility network is trash but their facilities aren't bad.