NodeCheck (Beta) - Status Page, Server Monitor, DNS and Domain project

webmashwebmash Hosting ProviderServices Provider
edited January 23 in Free Offers and Stuff

Greetings from WebMash, and hello to project NodeCheck

:# Still working on a landing/homepage, help docs, onboarding guide, sms, callback

Super excited to announce we're now in Beta, and accepting registrations for our project NodeCheck - : Status Page, Server Monitor, DNS and Domain project. We're still working on some customisation of the platform but would love to welcome you all. Feel free to grab an account, they are free (please use a valid email and name) a confirmation email is sent for validation.

Once registered, don't forget to check your email, add 2FA and keep your account secure.

Thanks, for your time :)

Track websites, servers & ports
Check your monitors from multiple locations (currently Europe, more being added)
Don't forget to select your location monitors from the Advanced tab

Custom HTTP requests & responses
Uptime & response times
Email, notifications on incidents
Discord, Telegram, on incidents
Weekly email report

Server resources
Track the most important server resources used by your Linux server.
CPU Usage
CPU Load (1/5/15 minutes avg)
RAM Usage
Disk Usage

Track domain names
You can also track & watch domain names and get notified prior to their expiration.

Monitor DNS records
Avoid DNS hijacking and get notified when your domain DNS records change.

Track your cronjobs
You simply need to send a GET or POST request each time your cronjob runs, thats it.

Beautiful status pages
Create public or private status pages to showcase the availability of your monitors.

Status pages analytics
Every status page you create gets useful, ready to go analytics.

Additional useful tools
DNS Lookup tool
IP Lookup tool
SSL Lookup tool
Whois domain lookup tool
Server, website, port Ping tool

Comments

• Registered, thanks :)

• webmashwebmash Hosting ProviderServices Provider

MS said:
    Registered, thanks :)

Welcome aboard, give us some ideas of next monitoring locations :+1:

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 23

@webmash said:

MS said:
    Registered, thanks :)

Welcome aboard,

Looking very professional so far.
    First letters of second words of terms could be capitalized, such as, Server monitors > Server Monitors.

give us some ideas of next monitoring locations :+1:

One US West location would be good.

MS said:

Got you! Seattle :+1: added.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 23

I got my fist downtime and uptime alert. Notifications reached my inbox in time. :+1:

@webmash said:

MS said:

Got you! Seattle :+1: added.

You added 4 more, nice! :)
    If one asks for 1, you give 4? That's a bad habit. What if I ask to add 10 more monitors to my account, you'll add 40 by that logic. Not a bad deal for me, though! ;)

The "Anti phishing code" thing is new, haven't seen that before anywhere.

"An email confirmation was sent to the new email address. Make sure to check and confirm it via email."
    Shouldn't it be done (the confirmation) through the current email address?

Thanked by (1)webmash
  • ArkArk OG
    edited January 23

Email confirmation landed to Junk folder, using Microsoft Email

Email verification for login and webpage login shows different URL

Thanked by (1)webmash

MS said:
    "An email confirmation was sent to the new email address. Make sure to check and confirm it via email."
    Shouldn't it be done (the confirmation) through the current email address?

Good point, added to list.

Thanked by (1)_MS_

@Ark said:
    Email confirmation landed to Junk folder, using Microsoft Email

Thank you for letting us know, good old MS - will look into it :+1:

• JabJab
    edited January 23

No iowait, no steal? What kind of CPU usage monitor is that :(

EDIT: also

Thanked by (1)ehab

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited January 23

@Jab said:
    No iowait, no steal? What kind of CPU usage monitor is that :(

If you read, we're in BETA .. give us a chance to add more features and customisations. B)
    Currently support http/https/ping/ipv4/host/port (ipv6 ready soon) cpu/ram/disk
    Email sent within 3 minutes of you signing up, and was accepted at the host 250 2.0.0 Ok :+1:

• JabJab
    edited January 23

@webmash said: Email sent within 3 minutes of you signing up, and was accepted at the host 250 2.0.0 Ok

Yeah, not really 3 minutes. Maybe you are looking at the new e-mail that I generated via resend (and that one came before the original one), but this is mostly mailbaby related (or yours lack of SPF?).

Received: from relay0-b.mailbaby.net (199.231.189.155)
            by email.cloudflare.net (unknown) id hJSH8f4YXFan
            for <xxxxx>; Tue, 23 Jan 2024 10:00:33 +0000
    Received-SPF: softfail (mx.cloudflare.net: domain of [email protected] reports soft fail for 199.231.189.155) receiver=mx.cloudflare.net; client-ip=199.231.189.155; envelope-from="[email protected]"; helo=relay0-b.mailbaby.net;

Received: from nodecheck.net ([2.58.XX.XX] XXX.XXX.io) (Authenticated sender: mb16956) by relay0-b.mailbaby.net (InterServerMTA) with ESMTPSA id 18d35b888a9000ac7f.001 for <xxxx> (version=TLSv1.3 cipher=TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384); Tue, 23 Jan 2024 09:48:22 +0000
    Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 09:48:21 +0000

@Jab said:

Still a WIP, thanks for letting us know - will circle back with MB/MC and see how we can improve that. I'll get it added to the list of potential issues/bugs. :+1:

• JabJab
    edited January 23

This menu button is not visible, darkmode need some fixes ;p

This is for custom HTTP check expecting an predefined output/keywoard - I guess it failed that test, but it's not mentioned anywhere. Hovering over "X" mark would be the most obvious place, but nothing :)

--

I am kinda too lazy to login on my phone, but emulating mobile view on Chrome makes me wonder: how do you add more than one server to status page? Like it expects me to hold ctrl while clicking and it's not possible on mobile, long press seems to be not doing anything

3 minutes checks looks more like 4 minutes checks?

I know flags are cool, but on wide view please put the location name (city?) in the label/text. This especially needed for USA that (atm of course, it's gonna be MOOOOAR!) you have two nodes :)

--

Feature request: Plain text e-mails about outages, selectable in settings (account wide).

@Jab said:

This menu button is not visible, darkmode need some fixes ;p

Nice spot, dark mode will be finished couple of days :+1:
    Custom HTTP check, we'll look into :+1:

Phone, lots of work to do on that side, App in development and testing in IOS currently with an Android version ready in couple of months. Might have a PWA version ready faster rollout for users to test.

Thanks for the feedback, have a great day.

We'll post updates in this thread, and via x.com/nodecheck :+1:
    Thanks to everyone that's joined our beta testing, and provided great feedback, there's more beta accounts to grab if you want to join us. https://nodecheck.net

• edited January 23

OP, copy/paste what hetrix tools have with their monitoring. And agent. From there you may start to improve. Don't reinvent the wheel or you will loose motivation to go further.

• @webmash
    Like @jab said, you forgot to add MailBaby to your SPF record:
    now: "v=spf1 include:icloud.com ~all"
    should be: "v=spf1 include:icloud.com include:relay.mailbaby.net -all"

Received-SPF: softfail (nodecheck.net: Sender is not authorized by default to use '[email protected]' in 'mfrom' identity, however domain is not currently prepared for false failures (mechanism '~all' matched)) receiver=REDACTED; identity=mailfrom; envelope-from="[email protected]"; helo=relay0-n.mailbaby.net; client-ip=174.138.190.37

@lorian said:
    @webmash
    Like @jab said, you forgot to add MailBaby to your SPF record:

Thanks for reporting, added to list of pushed this evening. :+1:

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 23

@webmash
    Only Japan is reporting downtimes. Some problem with the Japan location?

MS said:
    @webmash

Looks like an issue, we picked this up earlier and will put another monitoring station in Japan on tonight’s build. :+1:

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Pushing tonights feedback, bug fixes and location fixes - Default monitoring location running to prevent any uptime issues. Once complete we'll update this post. B)

• Looks great. Will give it a shot myself whenever I find some more time.

• JabJab
    edited January 24

Why do I have 98.84% uptime on Dashboard and 100% uptime in single monitor view?

https://gotify.net/ as target for notifications please :-) https://gotify.github.io/api-docs/#/message/createMessage

Good Morning,
    Our fixes went well last night and the following monitoring locations are also live.

• Portsmouth, United Kingdom
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Tokyo, Japan
    • Dusseldorf, German
    • Seattle, USA
    • St Louis, USA

More work continues in the background, thank you to everyone that's joined and using the platform :+1:

Thanked by (2)_MS_ epsilun

@Jab said:
    Why do I have 98.84% uptime on Dashboard and 100% uptime in single monitor view?
    https://gotify.net/ as target for notifications please :-) https://gotify.github.io/api-docs/#/message/createMessage

Hey Jab, will concider gotify for sure, the other issue we're looking at for you.

MS said:

All fixed, we replaced the monitoring node, sorry about that - should now work as expected.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • HosteroidHosteroid Hosting Provider

@webmash If you need more locations hit me up! :+1:

Thanked by (3)ehab _MS_ zgato

Were at > @Hosteroid said:

@webmash If you need more locations hit me up! :+1:

Thank you, we have a free ‘host’ plan for hosts & partners offering locations. There’s a couple of requirements but we’ll DM you.

• Thanks for the offer, I registered.

I read my mail in plain text, where would I find the confirmation link? It now reads:

NodeCheck

Hey there wankel,We are glad you joined us! One more step and you are ready,you just need to click the following link in order to join NodeCheckActivate your accountGreetings from NodeCheck.

Copyright © 2024 NodeCheck.

... blissfully free of distracting hyperlinks

edited January 25

We currently send in html :+1: we're working on plain text version this week.

Thanked by (1)wankel