Double bandwidth offers - Yay or Nay?

13»

Comments

  • @Mumbly said:

    @ascicode said:

    @Mumbly said:

    @ascicode said: Yes, storage should always be doubled

    Doubled from what? What's the starting point? ...

    Bandwidth of storage vps.

    Doubled from what? What's the starting point?

    500GB? It should be doubled! 1TB? It should be doubled! 2 TB It should be doubled. 5 TB? It should be doubled. 250GB? It should be doubled. Doubled. Doubled. Doubled. Always doubled!

    imho. your comment makes no sense. Package is what it is.

    2TB as default.

  • @lleddewk said:
    Question - how many customers actually use up all of their double bandwidth? Every month?

    Edit - and without otherwise abusing the service in some way?

    Keith

    @ascicode said:
    Maybe 1% or less.

    Most of the time I can only use up 2~5% of the allocated bandwidth.

    This month I'm running ArchiveTeam YouTube grabber in Tokyo.
    200GB consumed in 2 days.
    I shall deploy this to more servers.

    HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

  • edited January 29

    @ascicode said:

    @Mumbly said:

    @ascicode said:

    @Mumbly said:

    @ascicode said: Yes, storage should always be doubled

    Doubled from what? What's the starting point? ...

    Bandwidth of storage vps.

    Doubled from what? What's the starting point?

    500GB? It should be doubled! 1TB? It should be doubled! 2 TB It should be doubled. 5 TB? It should be doubled. 250GB? It should be doubled. Doubled. Doubled. Doubled. Always doubled!

    imho. your comment makes no sense. Package is what it is.

    2TB as default.

    Why, if someone pays for 5TB package?

  • I find these threads highly annoying, adding no value and being an all-round privacy risk since the provider (and whoever hacks them) can link a forum account to a real identity.

    Thanked by (2)bikegremlin webcraft

    Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

  • 85 votes, and "no" is still winning.
    faith in humanity restored

    Thanked by (1)host_c

    Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

    Great idea BG. Let the community decide.
    (sent from a caribbean beach)

    Thanked by (2)bikegremlin host_c

    I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

    @FrankZ said:
    Great idea BG. Let the community decide.
    (sent from a caribbean beach)

    You know me: democracy is my middle name. :)

    Thanked by (2)host_c FrankZ

    Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

  • @bikegremlin said:

    @FrankZ said:
    Great idea BG. Let the community decide.
    (sent from a caribbean beach)

    You know me: democracy is my middle name. :)

    More than 50% have voted Nay. I guess people have decided.

    How are you... online?

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

    @root said:

    @bikegremlin said:

    @FrankZ said:
    Great idea BG. Let the community decide.
    (sent from a caribbean beach)

    You know me: democracy is my middle name. :)

    More than 50% have voted Nay. I guess people have decided.

    Vox populi, vox dei. :)

    Thanked by (2)root FrankZ

    Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

    The rules have been updated according to the poll results - no "double bandwidth" offers.

    Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

  • @bikegremlin said:
    The rules have been updated according to the poll results - no "double bandwidth" offers.

    A milestone LE* moment.

    Thanked by (2)Chievo bikegremlin
This discussion has been closed.