looking for colo/dedicated in Seattle/Tacoma area

Hey all!

Never posted before, but I've been lurking around here for deals for a good long time.

I manage the infrastructure for a few community radio stations. Currently have a dedi in Seattle but I've had some problems with it. Kind of hoping to manage the hardware ourselves.

Hoping for a /28, IPv6, and decent bandwidth and transfer, of course. I also work with some podcasters, but all the organizations involved are all non-profits, if that helps. And when I mean non-profit, we're talking super tiny budgets.

Thanks a pile!

Comments

• @crunchbits is probably close enough.

• Just a heads up: a /26 ipv6 it's gonna be pretty hard to get - if not impossible. I'd be happy with a /48 and yeah. @crunchbits
    but also limewave. I know for a fact they offer /48

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@kode9 said:
    Just a heads up: a /26 ipv6 it's gonna be pretty hard to get - if not impossible. I'd be happy with a /48 and yeah. @crunchbits

Appreciate both mentions.

Hey @dimbulb: I am assuming you want a /28 IPv4 + something like /64 IPv6?

We're on the opposite side of the state (Spokane, WA) but if that works for you happy to discuss colocation or dedicated rental. Our Lease-to-own options might also be of interest (more available than just whats on the website--but those are by far our most readily available).

• @kode9 said:
    Just a heads up: a /26 ipv6 it's gonna be pretty hard to get - if not impossible. I'd be happy with a /48 and yeah. @crunchbits

Yeah, sorry, I meant a /28 of IPv4 and whatever is standard for IPv6. Still need to learn ipv6, it's a goal for the IT side of the station this year and the fact that I'm not 100% on it is kind of personally embarrassing.

@crunchbits said:
    Hey @dimbulb: I am assuming you want a /28 IPv4 + something like /64 IPv6?

That is exactly what I meant, thank you.

We're on the opposite side of the state (Spokane, WA) but if that works for you happy to discuss colocation or dedicated rental. Our Lease-to-own options might also be of interest (more available than just whats on the website--but those are by far our most readily available).

We had a pretty serious hardware outage recently that kept us down a few days that ended up being kind of comedic. Really trying to avoid that moving forward, which is why we're leaning toward managing the hardware ourselves. I've asked the folks involved to see what they think about Spokane, I suspect we'll be talking shortly.

Thanks again!

Thanked by (2)crunchbits fluttershy
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Hosting ProviderOG

It also has the HyperExpert option.

https://www.ethzero.io/colocation.php

and you can also use the LTO

AMD Ryzen 5900x
    128GB Memory
    2 x 2 TB NVMe storage (2 x Samsung 980 PRO NVMe)
    1Gbps uplink
    RTO plan: $200/Month (12 months term). The server is yours after 12 months.

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware|Slack

• If you are willing to go further south, places like the Equinix/Wowrack Tukwila/Kent locations may be an affordable option.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• Probably Wowrack + SIX port?

• @CamoYoshi said:
    If you are willing to go further south, places like the Equinix/Wowrack Tukwila/Kent locations may be an affordable option.

Given that both Kent and Tukwila are north of where I am, very yes. I'm in the Tacoma area.