hostEONS - MICRO 256 MB KVM - $12/yr KVM VPS - 10G Port - IPv4 - IPv6- RAID 10 SSD - 9 DC Location

hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG
edited February 11 in Offers

MICRO KVM VPS - 9 DATACENTRE LOCATIONS - US AND EU by https://hosteons.com

IPv4 KVM VPS at the price of IPv6 only VPS ...

* KVM VPS for $12/year on 10Gbps Port

* RAID 10 SSD

* IPv4 + IPv6

* 9 DC Locations Across US and EU

* ONLY $12 per year

* ORDER LINK: https://my.hosteons.com/store/special-promo/let-kvm-256

">

FAQ:

1) What Modes of Payment Do you accept ?

A - PayPal, Credit Card (Stripe), Crypto Currencies, AliPay, Perfect Money, etc..

2) Is Mailing allowed ?

A - Spamming or Bulk mailing or newsletter are not allowed, but email for personal use or website that does not leads to spam complains or any kind of RBL Listing or any stupidity is allowed

3) How long for VPS Setup ?

A - These VPS are setup instantly upon payment, but in rare case if some bug comes up we may have to set it up manually

4) What is CPU Fair Share ?

A - You cannot use more then 25% of CPU for extend periods, do consider this is a VPS for just $1 per month so be reasonable as for these MICRO VPS, we have system in place that will automatically suspend VPS For CPU Abuse

5) What CPU do you use ?

A - For all our US Locations are using Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 or similar CPU and in EU we are using Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6142 CPU

6) Which Drives do you use ?

A - We are using RAID 10 SSD in US and RAID 1 NVME (Gen 4) in EU

7) How Many IPv6 IP can you assign ?

A - By default we assign 1 x IPv6 IP along wit 1 x IPV4 IP for these packages, but if there is a genuine reason we can assign upto a /64 IPV6 Block, these are micro VPS packages hence we don't allow /64 as default IPv6 Block like we do for our other VPS packages to avoid abusive usage.

8) Is Web Scraping Allowed ?

A - NO

9) VPN or Proxy Allowed ?

A - YES, but only for personal use, we don't allow commercial VPN or Proxy on our network due to amount of abuse involved.

10) What OS Templates are available ?

A - This is a low end VPS hence Ubuntu 20 etc... won't work as it gives memory deadlock error, but we have tested with Debian 10, 11, Almalinux 8 and 9 both works fine, even Ubuntu may work but you will need to install Ubuntu Core as Ubuntu minimum requirement is 1 GB RAM, moreover Custom ISO is available so you install OS of your choice that works with 256 MB RAM.

hostEONS.com - 9 Locations for VPS (US and EU).. Free Blesta License, Free Windows 2019 License and more. Shared DA Hosting. AS142036 .. Ryzen 7950X Based VDS in SLC, LA and Dallas

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

Comments

• This price is too expensive for this plan.

• How does that CPU usage work? What's the maximum amount of time an user can use >25% of the CPU before it gets suspended?

• hostEONShostEONS Hosting ProviderOG

@sayyiku said:
    This price is too expensive for this plan.

Thanks for your comment but what price are you expecting for a VPS with IPv4 ?

hostEONS.com - 9 Locations for VPS (US and EU).. Free Blesta License, Free Windows 2019 License and more. Shared DA Hosting. AS142036 .. Ryzen 7950X Based VDS in SLC, LA and Dallas

@yucchun said:
    How does that CPU usage work? What's the maximum amount of time an user can use >25% of the CPU before it gets suspended?

60 minutes

• @hostEONS said:

@yucchun said:
    How does that CPU usage work? What's the maximum amount of time an user can use >25% of the CPU before it gets suspended?

60 minutes

This is good! A little too expensive for that price range though.

@yucchun said:

@hostEONS said:

@yucchun said:

60 minutes

Expensive at $1/mo with IPV4 ?

• @hostEONS said:

@yucchun said:

@hostEONS said:

@yucchun said:

60 minutes

Expensive at $1/mo with IPV4 ?

I'm sorry, I don't mean harm, but, take a look at https://lowend-deals.xbit.win/ and you'll be able to find systems at a similar price range with full CPU features, some have the downside of "having to request for access to the mail port", but it's usually free and this gets done relatively fast.

• Also, KVM 256MB will barely run Debian 10. Atleast from my experience, Debian 11 or Debian 12 can't run due to lack of RAM.
    swap won't fix it either.

• @zgato said:
    Also, KVM 256MB will barely run Debian 10. Atleast from my experience, Debian 11 or Debian 12 can't run due to lack of RAM.

^, forgot to add that the "systems at a similar price range" offer 1GB of RAM or more

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • This is insane...

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• @zgato said:
    Also, KVM 256MB will barely run Debian 10. Atleast from my experience, Debian 11 or Debian 12 can't run due to lack of RAM.

Yea without swap you can't barely run anything.
    I stopped buying anything below 512MB a while ago, except its container with a recent kernel.

Thanked by (1)zgato
  • edited February 11

@Neoon said:

@zgato said:

Yea without swap you can't barely run anything.
    I stopped buying anything below 512MB a while ago, except its container with a recent kernel.

Yup, got my first 256MB KVM VPS for a year a few months ago and can barely run the O.S. Never again.
    512MB is totally fine, with a little bit of help of swap if needed too, but atleast for me it runs what I need perfectly fine

• It would be nice if you put 256M RAM in the title as well so we don't have to waste time clicking through to this thread. :)

Thanked by (1)hostEONS

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

@tulipyun said:
    It would be nice if you put 256M RAM in the title as well so we don't have to waste time clicking through to this thread. :)

Done

edited February 11

This 256 RAM VPS is not meant for general usage

Just got it out for Personal VPN / Proxy or even a small website

Yeah it won't support all modern OS

But Debian 10 and Debian 11 works fine

Even tried Almalinux 8 and 9 they also works just fine

Though yeah as mentioned in FAQ Ubuntu won't work as it require much more RAM

Unlike all the other offer links mentioned earlier, this VPS comes with 10G Port ... and some of them even might be OVZ instead of KVM.

Ofcourse one can always find a cheaper option elsewhere but there will be some difference in specs or performance or reliability.

That's how so many providers survive else the cheapest would be running the show ....

This offer is not to compete with packages with higher specs, it's just meant for the users who know what they are ordering and know what to run on such a low end VPS

Already offering some of the cheapest and high end Ryzen 7950x VDS with upto 30 Cores and 120 GB RAM ... but this is not meant for low end market ...

• Great offer!

Back then one could run anything on a 256 MB box. I still have some running (Zerotier Controller, Route reflector, VPN, Firefox Sync server, ...)

Thanked by (1)hostEONS

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

@Brueggus said:
    Great offer!

Back then one could run anything on a 256 MB box. I still have some running (Zerotier Controller, Route reflector, VPN, Firefox Sync server, ...)

Yup and I still have lots of users who are still using our legacy 256 MB VPS with 100 Mbps unmetered port from 2018 ... even sent couple of emails to do a free upgrade to Metered 1G Port and 1 GB RAM, but they don't want to as they are happy with their 256 MB RAM VPS

So that's why tried to make this offer and see how it goes ...

But yes again it's not meant for everybody.

Thanked by (1)Brueggus

• edited February 11

You can find a lot of Providers offering 1g RAM for the lower price.
    Some even offer 1c (7950X) 1g 10G port for $12 a year.
    The cost-effectiveness of this plan is very low.
    I don't want to mention other providers .
    I'm just stating a fact.

• @hostEONS said:

From my tests, Debian 11 won't boot at all, but maybe you have a different template.
    If you offered some other interesting locations (idk, maybe Singapore, or around Asia) I would be interested personally for VPN/Proxy usage, but you're located in the US and EU, which for that $12/yr pricing you can get better deals elsewhere, and let's be real, a VPN/Proxy in those locations isn't something interesting.

Just my 2 cents. I'm a customer of yours and very happy :)

Thanked by (2)hostEONS sh97

@zgato said:

@hostEONS said:

From my tests, Debian 11 won't boot at all, but maybe you have a different template.
    If you offered some other interesting locations (idk, maybe Singapore, or around Asia) I would be interested personally for VPN/Proxy usage, but you're located in the US and EU, which for that $12/yr pricing you can get better deals elsewhere, and let's be real, a VPN/Proxy in those locations isn't something interesting.

Just my 2 cents. I'm a customer of yours and very happy :)

Thanks for your business

VPN in these locations might not be of interest to you, but a lot of users find it of use

It depends on one’s requirements and location

Though existing user may soon get an email of a special promo that might be of interest to you, just offering to existing users

Thanked by (2)zgato sh97

• @zgato said: let's be real, a VPN/Proxy in those locations isn't something interesting.

[citation needed]

• FYI Rules of double resources updated for providers, though good deals!

• What's the math on these? Servers commonly come with 128 or 256 GB of RAM these days. Do you put 500 or 1000 of these plans on 1 server?