How to write 5+ non-spammy posts for a provider tag?

bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Due to the recent influx of spammy posts by members looking to get a provider tag, I thought it might be a good idea to write about - how to write non-spammy forum posts without making generic topics (stuff one can easily google) or using AI-written stuff?

Writing non-spammy forum posts that avoid generic topics and AI-written content involves sharing personal experiences, insights, and opinions that are unique to you. Here's how to do it:

Share personal anecdotes:
Draw from your own experiences related to the topic being discussed. Personal stories can add depth and authenticity to your post, making it more engaging for other forum members.

Offer original perspectives:
Instead of rehashing commonly known information (that takes 10 seconds to google), offer your unique take on the topic. This could involve analyzing the issue from a different angle or presenting lesser-known facts or viewpoints.

For even more kudos, provide in-depth analysis:
Dive deep into the topic and provide detailed analysis or explanations that go beyond what can be found through a simple Google search. Offer insights that demonstrate your expertise or deep understanding of the subject matter.

Ask thought-provoking questions (but see above about the generic stuff):
Encourage meaningful discussion by posing thought-provoking questions that prompt other forum members to share their thoughts and opinions. This can help steer the conversation in a more engaging direction.

If you really have the time - back up your points with evidence:
Support your arguments or claims with credible sources or references. Providing evidence strengthens your credibility and adds value to your post.

Engage with other members' responses:
Respond to other forum members' posts with thoughtful and authentic comments or questions (again, see above about the generic stuff). Engaging in meaningful dialogue fosters a sense of community and encourages further discussion.

Avoid overly simplistic or vague statements:
Be specific and concrete in your contributions. Avoid making broad, general statements that add little substance to the discussion.

Contribute original content:
If you have expertise in a particular area, consider creating original content such as guides, tutorials, or case studies to share with the forum community. This demonstrates your value as a contributor and sets you apart from others.

Stay updated and relevant:
Keep abreast of current events, trends, and developments related to the forum's topic. Sharing timely and relevant information shows that you're actively engaged and invested in the discussion.

Be authentic:
Above all, be yourself (with or without pants). Share your genuine thoughts, feelings, and opinions in a respectful and considerate manner. Authenticity resonates with other forum members and fosters meaningful connections within the community.

By incorporating these strategies into your forum posts, you can contribute valuable, non-spammy content that adds depth and richness to the discussion, without relying on generic topics or AI-generated material.

ChatGPT + Relja

P.S.
Points for further discussion are whether we should allow for any kind of AI-generated content (this post is AI generated for the most part).
I fear that in a year or so, we may end up with AI posting and other AIs commenting the post.
So, I would vote for the hard-core strict ban policy, but without insisting (vox populi - vox dei).

Relja

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

Comments

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited March 13

Very well-written content. :+1: :lol:

Some guidelines by Google.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

MS said:
    Very well-written content. :+1: :lol:

I'll sit down and do a proper one as soon as I find the time (unless someone else does that).

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @MS said: Very well-written content.

He's hunting 5+ non-spammy posts for a provider tag!

Look at those awesome prices at exotic location: https://reljahost.rs

Thanked by (2)_MS_ bikegremlin
  • @bikegremlin said: ChatGPT + Relja

That awkward moment when a instruction on non spammy post was AI generated...

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• This bench is located at Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park & Mortuary, Los Angeles CA.
    We totally sat on this bench to drink coffee.

RLWudx.seed0627.jpeg

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@somik said:

@bikegremlin said: ChatGPT + Relja

Feel free to write a better guide "manually."
    This is the best I could do for now, but I'll be back.

Sincerely,
    T-800

Thanked by (1)somik

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 13

Wow; that's quite a manual !

I would have gone with the following:

Each spammer gets certain maximum free passes, beyond that for every spammy post, their "provider tag" gets delayed by one month, even if they qualify on all other parameters.
    For eg. @Diwakar will get her tag after six months

Squats are the new Push-ups

• edited March 13

@vyas said:

Each spammer gets certain maximum free passes, beyond that for every spammy post, their "provider tag" gets delayed by one month, even if they qualify on all other parameters.

This is difficult to manage to keep track of it but adding a significant delay would be one good way to handle this kind of spam.
    However, I wonder why does everyone think users spam to get a provider tag (to create spam ad content from then on)? It might just be for the sake of spamming and trying out AI at the same time. The goal of spam posting might have changed and partially differs from the last years. We could just be a random place where contextual content is posted and there's no deeper meaning behind than just spamming content and learn and improve the training model from the answers given by real humans.

@webcraft said:

@vyas said:

This is difficult to manage to keep track of it but adding a significant delay would be one good way to handle this kind of spam.
    However, I wonder why does everyone think users spam to get a provider tag (to create spam ad content from then on)? It might just be for the sake of spamming and trying out AI at the same time. The goal of spam posting might have changed and partially differs from the last years. We could just be a random place where contextual content is posted and there's no deeper meaning behind than just spamming content and learn and improve the training model from the answers given by real humans.

Fair question.
    I would say that submitting a provider tag request makes the motivation pretty clear.
    Without that - yup, it is guesswork and could be just random spam (though that usually comes with some religious drivel or affiliate links - one not excluding the others).

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Why are provider tags connected to content writing at all?

• I guess they want providers to contribute to the community - however I tend to agree that most won't care much and will only try to meet the required amount.

@havoc said:

The idea is to create a community - not an advertising board.

edited March 13

@bikegremlin said:

@havoc said:

Yeah that makes sense. Feels like the wrong solution for the problem hence undesirable sideeffects...but its an admittedly thorny problem so understand why you linked the two.

Maybe if we make it compulsory for the provider to post regular YABS for each of their plans? That would create a library of sort, involve a bit of effort on their part to scare away the chancers, give people a reference points on "official" VPS numbers and perhaps allow for tracking of degradation over time @ oversell? @Mason

edit...sorry I'm sidetracking this a bit...but above just occurred to me & may or may not have legs

@havoc said:

@bikegremlin said:

@havoc said:

Yeah that makes sense. Feels like the wrong solution for the problem hence undesirable sideeffects...but its an admittedly thorny problem so understand why you linked the two.

Maybe if we make it compulsory for the provider to post regular YABS for each of their plans? That would create a library of sort, involve a bit of effort on their part to scare away the chancers, give people a reference points on "official" VPS numbers and perhaps allow for tracking of degradation over time @ oversell? @Mason

edit...sorry I'm sidetracking this a bit...but above just occurred to me & may or may not have legs

No amount of rules can fix "creative" people.
    In practice, it's better to have folks with integrity enforcing the "don't be a dick" rule (and have enough vigilant LESbians making sure it doesn't stray to WHT :) ).

For example:
    One could fix YABS for their hosting plan to show better performance than what they provide to users.

Also, most providers don't spam. This seems to be a recent trend (summer is approaching, and LES is apparently geting more popular).

Having said that, I see what you mean and I agree with the "spirit" of your comment so to speak.
    Plenty of things to discuss (ideally when @FrankZ returns from his pigeon smugling operation vacation).

Trying to take a step back and look objectivelly, the spam is annoying but not overwhelming (though we should aim to reduce it, not leave it as is or let it grow).

Whoops if I @'d the wrong person apologies.

@bikegremlin said: One could fix YABS for their hosting plan to show better performance than what they provide to users.

Seems like a win to me? Bunch of users realising what they got is not in line with what they should be getting & can point to the providers own YABS as proof. Would keep providers honest imo

Regardless...just an idea...I'm not particularly attached to this

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Would it be too crazy to ask providers to apply for tags by starting a public thread? Everyone could see who is applying and all the context. Everyone would have an opportunity to ask questions. Then we could vote on whether to extend the tags, or not.

Thanked by (2)AaronSS wankel

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:
    Would it be too crazy to ask providers to apply for tags by starting a public thread? Everyone could see who is applying and all the context. Everyone would have an opportunity to ask questions. Then we could vote on whether to extend the tags, or not.

I do not think this is necessary. Best to let the admins/mods decide on who gets it. Users can always weigh in in regular threads in the offer threads if they are that offended. In most cases the providers do deserve the tags.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles bikegremlin

• @Mumbly said:

@MS said: Very well-written content.

I am getting: "This site can’t be reached"
    Anyone else?

You deadpooled already, bro? :(

• @Mumbly said:

@Mumbly said:

Anyone else?

Same so that might be interesting

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Mumbly

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

@Mumbly said:

@Mumbly said:

Anyone else?

Fast in fast out!

:)

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

• Relja has the opportunity to create the world's first reverse deadpool.
    Register a domain to start a hosting company that is already considered deadpooled.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Mumbly

MS said:
    Relja has the opportunity to create the world's first reverse deadpool.
    Register a domain to start a hosting company that is already considered deadpooled.

Always five years ahead of my time!

:)

Thanked by (2)_MS_ Mumbly

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Hosting Provider

@somik said:

Do you need help step-bro?

• @FatGrizzly said:

@somik said:

Do you need help step-bro?

I regret my decision to use a washing machine post...

Thanked by (1)FatGrizzly

• Is there any minimum time on the forum required for a host tag? I wouldn't expect anything large, but maybe X number of days after the first (or last) post to hit the minimum number required before the tag can be approved? Just to further emphasize that it's a community and not an advertising board, as someone would have to remember to actually come back.

(was literally thinking like 2-3 days, just enough so that someone doesn't discover the forum, make their posts all in one day, then apply for tag right away)

@SocksAreComfortable said:
    Is there any minimum time on the forum required for a host tag? I wouldn't expect anything large, but maybe X number of days after the first (or last) post to hit the minimum number required before the tag can be approved? Just to further emphasize that it's a community and not an advertising board, as someone would have to remember to actually come back.

(was literally thinking like 2-3 days, just enough so that someone doesn't discover the forum, make their posts all in one day, then apply for tag right away)

Yup - it's state in the rules (min 5 posts, and 6+1 days old account).

Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable

• @bikegremlin said:
    I fear that in a year or so, we may end up with AI posting and other AIs commenting the post.
    So, I would vote for the hard-core strict ban policy, but without insisting (vox populi - vox dei).

No ban for using AI to generate summaries of said threads for reading as many topics in a short a time as possible, I hope?

Thinking out loud, would auto generated summaries of threads and probabilityscores for it being AI-generated be feasible?

@wankel said:

@bikegremlin said:

No ban for using AI to generate summaries of said threads for reading as many topics in a short a time as possible, I hope?

Thinking out loud, would auto generated summaries of threads and probabilityscores for it being AI-generated be feasible?

I fear that pretty soon it will be next-to-impossible to tell whether you're reading a human or an AI written text.

Things will change both very quickly, and very drastically - not for the better.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

MS said:
    Relja has the opportunity to create the world's first reverse deadpool.

McDonald's chose Relja hosting! :)

Thanked by (1)_MS_