Changes to Micronode

MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

Hello All,

This thread is being created for full transparency and to keep the community up to date with what we're working on.

We have a few updates to provide:

The new panel has now been live for almost a month and we’re almost ready to make it public.

All current Micronode users will receive an option to generate an invite code starting from March 30th.

The panel will be fully public starting May 1st and we will be accepting new clients from this time.

The new panel to manage Storage VPS’ and dedicated servers will be rolled out this weekend, if you have one of these services and you have not yet received an email in relation to the migration please open a support ticket.

We will be updating pricing yet again
Sort of - our current price for 20GB storage and 512MB of RAM is £15 per year this will be updated to 1024MB RAM and 20GB disk from April 1st 2024 at no additional cost - resources purchased before this timeframe will not be eligible for upgrade until renewal.

This thread will be kept updated as we progress and it would be appreciated if we could keep on topic here!

Thanks

Thanked by (1)bliss

Comments

• How's going from 20gb disk to 20gb disk considered an upgrade?

Thanked by (2)Marx alethic

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• MicronodeMicronode Hosting Provider

@teamacc said:
    How's going from 20gb disk to 20gb disk considered an upgrade?

Its not, but we’ve double the RAM.

Thanked by (1)AK_KWH
  • How to get a invition of Micronode?

• @natvps_uk said: The panel will be fully public starting May 1st and we will be accepting new clients from this time.

Seems like it's just a matter of waiting...

• @yixiwei said:
    How to get a invition of Micronode?

Each existing user gets one invite code on March 30.
    Bribe an existing user with a worthy gift and you'll get their invite code.

Thanked by (2)wankel Micronode

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

For transparency our username has been updated to be more fitting with our current service offerings and current product line. Hopefully this doesn’t cause too much confusion.

• Any updates on bandwidth limits? With the new panel it seems that instances are cutted hard at 2TB in the last 30 days - also the ones with no dedicated location limit (e.g. Germany).

Will it stay like this?

This is a huge downside after migrating to the new panel for me because some instances need more than 2TB.

• @flo82 said:
    Any updates on bandwidth limits? With the new panel it seems that instances are cutted hard at 2TB in the last 30 days - also the ones with no dedicated location limit (e.g. Germany).

Will it stay like this?

This is a huge downside after migrating to the new panel for me because some instances need more than 2TB.

Buy another £15 pack for another 2TB.

edited March 14

@flo82 said:
    Any updates on bandwidth limits? With the new panel it seems that instances are cutted hard at 2TB in the last 30 days - also the ones with no dedicated location limit (e.g. Germany).

Will it stay like this?

Bandwidth usage was always fair use on the old panel we just had no automated means to enforce it.

2TB of bandwidth in a single location on a service that costs £15 per year seems pretty fair, especially considering if you utilise all locations you actually get 9.8TB in a 30 day period for £1.25 or 117TB per year.

Whilst it might seem unfair that that this was introduced as part of the migration we always had an advisory that the fair usage should remain around the 2TB per month mark and the bandwidth usage bar on the old panel topped out at 2TB - we just rarely enforced this.

The average overall bandwidth usage per client in a 30 day period is around 400-500GB and the per resource bandwidth is around 5x this.

Each resource comes with 2TB bandwidth per location for the primary locations (per 30 day period) and the location specific bandwidth is doubled for each location with every added resource - this includes the extra small resource package priced at £7.50 per year.

Whilst we don’t necessarily pay for bandwidth we do have limited port speeds in all of our locations on a service that by nature has a large amount of clients per node, in order to ensure we don’t have significant contention and in an effort to prevent abuse these limitations are necessary to keep things fair.

I can likely add a bandwidth only package at a reduced cost but I’ll need to review this before I can implement it.

Thanked by (1)flo82
  • @Micronode said:
    I can likely add a bandwidth only package at a reduced cost but I’ll need to review this before I can implement it.

Three packages, buy separately:

• 1024MB RAM, 0GB storage, 0TB bandwidth: £7
    • 0MB RAM, 20GB storage, 0TB bandwidth: £5
    • 0MB RAM, 0GB storage, 2TB bandwidth: £3

@yoursunny said:

@Micronode said:

Three packages, buy separately:

• 1024MB RAM, 0GB storage, 0TB bandwidth: £7
    • 0MB RAM, 20GB storage, 0TB bandwidth: £5
    • 0MB RAM, 0GB storage, 2TB bandwidth: £3

That could actually be an option going forwards, it would definitely give people a lot more flexibility.

• is 9.8TB per account (not depending on the location) also an option?
    • or limiting the network speed to 20-30 Mbps?

In my current configuration only 2 locations need more traffic and there are no spikes.
    All others locations are idling/monitoring with < 50 GB/month.