Upmind - Billing Panel pricing plans

webmashwebmash Hosting ProviderServices Provider
edited March 17 in Industry News

Upmind has published its pricing plans, its usage based on staff/invoices and turnover. I suspect it'll put many people off. What are your thoughts? What alternatives are people using? WHMCS/Belsta ?

https://upmind.com/pricing

Comments

• HostBill.

• armandorgarmandorg Services Provider

Even after price increase is still WHMCS with the biggest market.
    Blesta is also another big competitor, primarly to WHMCS and has seen a big growth.

Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
    WHMCS.design - WHMCS Themes | Blesta.shop - Blesta Themes

• Isn't it made by people from enhance?

• edited March 17

@treesmokah said:
    Isn't it made by people from enhance?

No, they are different people. There was a long discussion about it on WHT a few weeks ago.

I evaluated Upmind last year but decided against it as there was no option to export your data (apart from writing something to run against their API), and integration development seems slow - I don't think there's any VPS panel integration yet - They either need to work on that or open up to allow other developers to also get involved.

The pricing doesn't seem too bad, I could see myself using it if they fixed the above.

• @armandorg said: Blesta is also another big competitor

Blesta is half-baked mess, very rarely updated with new features, has no proper domain management and if you address open source - did you saw their source code and tried to code plugin? It is control panel with bare minimum feature set and does not suite anything remotely reminding serious business.

WHMCS is the market leader no matter the price and support, because their were on the right place at the right time.

Now, Hostbill. Polish based software. Very pricey to start, specially if you need custom code. It is proper investment if you plan to do busines 5+ years.

ClientExec... nothing to say about that. Empty promises, stalled development. Only an inch above blesta.

Billing panel market is in deep crysis for many years. No serious new players with good pricing model. Greed eventually takes over and it is done.

The best option is to code your own, in-house baked solution.

• I agree on the coding your own solutions for almost anything if you have the time or resources.

Clientexec is okay if for just hosting, but leave that area and it is almost useless.

The OS solutions need more work and better docs. Until that happens they will not be able to compete.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @legendary said:
    The best option is to code your own, in-house baked solution.

Stallion coders aren't cheap.
    Our code costs, on average, 1 🥭 / line.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• The usage based pricing of Upmind is just too convoluted.

If you're going to pay for something usage based, you might as well go with WHMCS and at least have a wide range of features and supported modules.

Thanked by (1)webmash

SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    New High Performance Economy Shared Hosting Plans Available As Low As $1.46/mo

• @SimpleSonic said:
    The usage based pricing of Upmind is just too convoluted.

If you're going to pay for something usage based, you might as well go with WHMCS and at least have a wide range of features and supported modules.

Doesn't WHMCS cost more, regardless?

• @Joseph said:

@SimpleSonic said:
    The usage based pricing of Upmind is just too convoluted.

Doesn't WHMCS cost more, regardless?

Perhaps, but it has more features and modules and when it comes down to it, your hosting business needs something that is going to best suit your needs, not just what is the lowest cost.

SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    New High Performance Economy Shared Hosting Plans Available As Low As $1.46/mo

• not specific to hosting industry, an open source billing.

https://www.getlago.com/
    https://github.com/getlago/lago

Open Source Metering and Usage Based Billing API ⭐️ Consumption tracking, Subscription management, Pricing iterations, Payment orchestration & Revenue analytics

• wow , it seems : cpanel/whmcs "be like " pricing

• ScalebladeScaleblade Hosting Provider

sheesh $25/staff/month, it makes WHMCS look good.

• @Scaleblade said:

Do not check helpdesk Hipaa pricing hahaha

Dentistry is my passion

• Their mind seems to be up in the clouds.

Thanked by (1)BlaZe
  • ScalebladeScaleblade Hosting Provider

@Chievo said:

@Scaleblade said:

Do not check helpdesk Hipaa pricing hahaha

nah it just validates my business choice to heavily invest in creating our own in-house system to be worth it.

Thanked by (1)webmash