Google Workspace vs. Microsoft 365

Hello there,

In close future there is a change to open an business which will work with B2C and B2B. I don't want to try any other providers to be honest because these two are the big ones in industry and the pricing between them is not that much.

I personally would pick Microsoft 365 because has bigger storage and is cheaper I think than Google Workspace.

What do you pick between Google Workspace and Microsoft 365? Share us your experience!

Quick tip: For EU users: You can get the Microsoft 365 Business cheapest plan for 4.60 euro (billed anually) without VAT if you opt in for the plan without Microsoft Teams. (see this)

Google Workspace vs. Microsoft 365
  1. Which one do you prefer?31 votes
    1. Google Workspace
      38.71%
    2. Microsoft 365
      61.29%

Comments

• Microsoft 365 will have bigger storage and be cheaper until Google lets that be. Then, they will either be on par or start a battle once again. At the end, you will either be forced to pay up or ping-pong every season between the cheapest ones.

Currently in our company we switched to Google in 2014 due to their competitive pricing but the cost has since doubled so that now we are billed 13.40€/user/mo

• My vote goes to 365

• Microsoft 365 over google any day if you need good compatibility with office products.

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• MS 365 because it ties in with Entra ID and on prem Active Directory seamlessly.

Most customers, suppliers and third parties I speak to (virtually) seem to use 365 too, so it becomes easier for meetings as they're already using Teams.

• @SharedGrid said:
    MS 365 because it ties in with Entra ID and on prem Active Directory seamlessly.

Most customers, suppliers and third parties I speak to (virtually) seem to use 365 too, so it becomes easier for meetings as they're already using Teams.

Can I create an meeting if I have the plan without Teams?

• How is there not a $7 option?

• @COLBYLICIOUS said:
    Can I create an meeting if I have the plan without Teams?

I believe you get access to the web version of Teams, so yes.

• How much storage does Google and Microsoft, each, give? And how much does each charge for extra storage?

• edited March 12

@Joseph said:
    How much storage does Google and Microsoft, each, give? And how much does each charge for extra storage?

via BetterLicenses Comparison

Thanked by (1)Joseph
  • In Germany at least most will use MS since Windows is very dominant and MS got way more presence here.
    However it totally comes down to your needs. Few years ago I would have suggested Google but these days it's more a tie leaning towards MS tho.

You might want to contact each of them for a custom quote. MS will usually require to take bigger amount of licenses than Google does. Also the longer (we talking 4+ years) you would agree on a contract with MS the better the discounts but well that can be hit or miss these days 😅

In specific circumstances you might even want to use both.

• @blackjack4494 said:

What's an example of a use case where you might want to use both?

• @Joseph said:

@blackjack4494 said:

What's an example of a use case where you might want to use both?

Tools. You might want to use MS Apps but use Workspace for everything else.
    Pricing. Depending on your needs or different departments you use other products.
    AI.
    Real time collaboration is often preferred on Google.
    Preference.
    Integration with 3rd party software.
    External partners.
    Company takeovers.
    Regulations.

There are more reasons and use cases.
    Hybrid usage is not very common but can exist.
    Sometimes companies opt to use single 3rd party services/integrations instead of using MS + Google.
    E. g. you often find companies using transactional mail services for marketing / mass mailing and native mail only for internal or direct customer communication, in some cases companies don't use the existing email functionality that comes with Google/MS at all and rely on other solutions.

Thanked by (1)Joseph