Aeza.net - Ryzen Sweden 1 core, 4gb ram for 1 eur per month(recurring)

124»

Comments

• Is it safe of using Russian company?

• @rider said:
    Is it safe of using Russian company?

sure, same as US, CN they dont spy on their own companies

• edited April 24

@Freek said: Amazing value for the price, very satisfied so far. 0% CPU steal. Nice

Mine never had any cpu steal or downtime since I got it(before I posted this thread). 1 eur for this is a steal.

@rider said:
    Is it safe of using Russian company?

As safe as any other company, proceed accordingly.
    In my case it was using an anonymous account and crypto payments.

Thanked by (1)Freek
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

These are fair use cores, right?

• @havoc said:
    These are fair use cores, right?

I think so

Thanked by (1)havoc
  • edited May 1

It looks like my VPS root password has just been automatically (?) reset via the control panel, and I received a notification via email (I did not request a change).
    I don't believe my Aeza billing account was compromised, considering I use two-factor authentication. Is this normal with Aeza?

Virtual machine password has been changed

The password of your virtual machine “....” has been changed successfully. Use the following credentials to manage your service:

Login: root
    Password: ...

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman
  • @Mumbly said:
    It looks like my VPS root password has just been automatically (?) reset via the control panel, and I received a notification via email (I did not request a change).
    I don't believe my Aeza billing account was compromised, considering I use two-factor authentication. Is this normal with Aeza?

I'm not sure if it's normal, but just chiming in to say that I also received this email.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly Wonder_Woman
  • @Mumbly said:

Virtual machine password has been changed

The password of your virtual machine “....” has been changed successfully. Use the following credentials to manage your service:

Login: root
    Password: ...

Got the same email just now

• edited May 1

Same here. VPS works fine too.

I just found this is my Support center:

And this is from their Telegram, more flashy version:

I guess they sent it to everyone but it somehow didn't email, its just a ticket in Support panel.
    Good thing its not a hack or something, but it should've been communicated better(but I guess its a 1 eur vps).

• @treesmokah said:

I guess they sent it to everyone but it somehow didn't email, its just a ticket in Support panel.
    Good thing its not a hack or something, but it should've been communicated better(but I guess its a 1 eur vps).

At least it's well spent 1 euro :smile:

• edited May 1

@Amadex said:

@treesmokah said:

At least it's well spent 1 euro :smile:

Even though this thing happened, I'm still happy with my 1 eur purchase. Its a steal, performance is amazing for the money.

Thanked by (1)Amadex
  • @treesmokah said:

I did receive email up front about this change:

Stupid question from my side; I never thought about it this way, but providers (in this case Aeza) can always login as root to my VPS if they wanted to, right? Because apparently they can do an adhoc password reset and then use it to login via console.

@treesmokah said:
    Even though this thing happened, I'm still happy with my 1 eur purchase. Its a steal, performance is amazing for the money.

Thanks again for sharing this deal. Best 1 euro I've spent in my life.

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• Received the same email, thought mine was hacked.

• @Freek said:
    Stupid question from my side; I never thought about it this way, but providers (in this case Aeza) can always login as root to my VPS if they wanted to, right? Because apparently they can do an adhoc password reset and then use it to login via console.

Most providers can actually just get into your server quite easily, most of the time due to having qemu-guest-agent installed and running as root in your VM.
    VMManager (what they use) somehow installs that shit even if you manually install an ISO IIRC.
    So I guess if you want to be in the safest side (which is still not 100%, as you don't have the disk drive in your hand) then encrypting the drives is the best bet.

Thanked by (1)Freek
  • skhronskhron Hosting Provider

@zgato said: VMManager (what they use) somehow installs that shit even if you manually install an ISO IIRC.

VMManager is too intrusive (unlike VirtFusion) and to configure network for example they alter disk content before booting VM. On the other hand, VirtFusion uses external cloud-init disk and is able to cooperate with encrypted disks.

However I would like to note that LUKS (or any other disk encryption) makes unauthorized access to the virtual machine only harder but not impossible.

Thanked by (1)zgato