VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• vyasvyas OG
    edited May 11

@imok said:

Where is @FrankZ and @FAT32 BTW? Asking again.

image-1

Thanked by (3)imok _MS_ FAT32

Squats are the new Push-ups

• @JonyBee said: sir if you online again,please help me,check your message box and help me disabling Email 2FA,thanks a lot!

you keep repeating the same thing, and getting the same reply, you wont get support here :(

• @dgc1980 said:

@JonyBee said: sir if you online again,please help me,check your message box and help me disabling Email 2FA,thanks a lot!

you keep repeating the same thing, and getting the same reply, you wont get support here :(

no,I believe Virmach will help me

• DALZ007 seems to be back. New IP address assigned, and my VPS is online. Service automatically extended for another year.

• edited May 11

After seven months, DALZ007 did come back online.

Changed IP, no notification, need to go to control panel to check.

It may also be necessary to change the configuration in /etc/network/interfaces.

The data was preserved, (for me) network latency increased quite a bit.

Thanks @VirMach for your efforts.

Thanked by (1)Calin

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @tulipyun said:
    After seven months, DALZ007 did come back online.

Changed IP, no notification, need to go to control panel to check.

It may also be necessary to change the configuration in /etc/network/interfaces.

The data was preserved, (for me) network latency increased quite a bit.

Thanks @VirMach for your efforts.

Whew... You love Virmache so much dude.

• @storm said:
    DALZ007 seems to be back. New IP address assigned, and my VPS is online. Service automatically extended for another year.

I think I saw that too for what was once originally some Atlanta VMs that probably went through numerous readdressing or moves, but were cancelled sometime last year. Presumably some old backups were restored. Are the new v4 addresses now being originated from AS 13649 perhaps?

• Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online

The last time I had this problem, it was solved via ticket support.
    Unfortunately, it's been a month since my ticket was answered by AI.
    It's in NYCB028.

• @julensm said: Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

connect via VNC, check your ip configuration and fix it up.

Thanked by (1)julensm
  • @dgc1980 said:

@julensm said: Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

it shows the right IP address

• @julensm said:

@dgc1980 said:

@julensm said: Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

it shows the right IP address

Right for what?
    Right where?

Can you ping gateway?
    Can you ping 1.1.1.1?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @JonyBee said:

@VirMach said:
    Make sure you're following this exactly:
    https://virmach.com/security/

I see 0 requests with that ticket title, I check for these frequently. I do apologize if you did follow instructions here and they were missed or if you were unable to locate this page on your own. I'll see if we can make sure this is more prominently displayed in the future, it was on our development queue but I'm unsure if it was ever added or not (on the 2FA page specifically.)

For reference, I mean:

Please make sure to mention "Account Security & Recovery" in your ticket title and let us know the number or letter of the specific request. (For example, "1" or "A" or "II" listed below.)

the question is I can‘t login your system because I can't receive you Email 2FA OPT code so I can't submit tickets online,I checked this page:https://virmach.com/security carefully and tried to submit ticket by send eamil to [email protected],but got a reply named "Online Submission Required".

https://imgur.com/a/NbOXjWg

so it's a dead circle,I have to contact you here and PMed/Tagged you,hope you can help me @VirMach

Any feedback please @VirMach

• @jtk said:

@storm said:
    DALZ007 seems to be back. New IP address assigned, and my VPS is online. Service automatically extended for another year.

I think I saw that too for what was once originally some Atlanta VMs that probably went through numerous readdressing or moves, but were cancelled sometime last year. Presumably some old backups were restored. Are the new v4 addresses now being originated from AS 13649 perhaps?

NetRange: 66.59.196.0 - 66.59.199.255
    CIDR: 66.59.196.0/22
    NetName: DENYS-DIGITAL
    NetHandle: NET-66-59-196-0-1
    Parent: NET66 (NET-66-0-0-0-0)
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    OriginAS: AS1239
    Organization: D-Digital LLC (DL-793)
    RegDate: 2022-01-06
    Updated: 2023-12-14
    Comment: FROM DIGITAL-LLC
    Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/66.59.196.0

• @JonyBee said:

@JonyBee said:

@VirMach said:

I see 0 requests with that ticket title, I check for these frequently. I do apologize if you did follow instructions here and they were missed or if you were unable to locate this page on your own. I'll see if we can make sure this is more prominently displayed in the future, it was on our development queue but I'm unsure if it was ever added or not (on the 2FA page specifically.)

For reference, I mean:

Please make sure to mention "Account Security & Recovery" in your ticket title and let us know the number or letter of the specific request. (For example, "1" or "A" or "II" listed below.)

the question is I can‘t login your system because I can't receive you Email 2FA OPT code so I can't submit tickets online,I checked this page:https://virmach.com/security carefully and tried to submit ticket by send eamil to [email protected],but got a reply named "Online Submission Required".

so it's a dead circle,I have to contact you here and PMed/Tagged you,hope you can help me @VirMach

I have no idea why you keep ignoring my requests. Whether or not you can provide support, you should give me a reply @VirMach

• LAX2Z017 Cpanel down for weeks again.

• @JonyBee said:

@JonyBee said:

@JonyBee said:

@VirMach said:

For reference, I mean:

I have no idea why you keep ignoring my requests. Whether or not you can provide support, you should give me a reply @VirMach

If it is anything like me, I kind of tune you out because your posts are the same thing over and over again with too high frequency.

• edited May 14

@JonyBee said:

I have no idea why you keep ignoring my requests. Whether or not you can provide support,

SUPPORT IS NOT OFFERED ON THIS FORUM, you answered it yourself.

edit:

another option is to ask the person you bought the account from, for access to the email address????

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @dgc1980 said: for access to the email address

what does this mean?I have the access to my email:
    https://imgur.com/hcHeXFS

if you enable Email 2FA,Virmach will send a confirmation email to your mail box and you need verify it and then the Email 2FA will be enabled.

but after that,when I login Virmach,my mail box won't receive Virmach 2FA OPT code

• @storm said:
    CIDR: 66.59.196.0/22

That's it. The prefix is actually originated, at least as of now, by Flexential, in the routing table. WHOIS often tells something different at the time of prefix allocation.

• Can you add Ubuntu 22 in Reinstall list?

• @Sorata said:
    Can you add Ubuntu 22 in Reinstall list?

No, I don't have the permission to do that.

Thanked by (1)imok
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

There are going to be a lot of upcoming features, some of which have already been implemented. The descriptions below are not finalized so it's possible the end result may be different or it may take several iterations to get there.

1. Automatically making sure you have a functional IPv4 address in any case, but this also means for any migrations or changes in the future, the system will know if something's wrong and correct it if necessary.
    2. More specifically, an IP changing system for entire block swaps, auto notifying customers, letting you decide when you want to perform it within an allotted time period, and completing/cleaning up given whatever stage you're on for the change.
    3. Spinning up a temporary secondary service, transferring data, and swapping back and forth between them. This can end up being used for both optional and required/planned migrations, outages, loading in from backups, and so on.
    4. Automatic actions on severs overloading, disk issues, and other common problems which should drastically reduce any longer outages as a result of backlogs. This has been tested and it also performs much better than a human in some cases where the problem also affects our ability to communicate with the server.
    5. Granular notifications. We'll be able to do things like let you know if your service specifically is affected on a node instead of having to contact everyone, and also be able to notify you of things like the old node coming back up so you know you can move back, or that there's an upcoming migration and you can move on your own.

These systems are created in a way where they can be stacked together and customized so they'll serve many functions. A more specific scenario example: your node goes down, ability to spin up a secondary service and load from available backups is displayed automatically, or perhaps we'll activate it with a longer grace period for a node facing a potentially long outage. Once the old node is back up, you'll be able to decide to stay on the new temporary service and make it your permanent service, or switch back to the original if available (and for example, you need to pull off some data, then you can switch back again if you wanted or stay on the old service, etc.)

A lot of these functionalities are completed fully and just in a testing phase. For example, we already have a working system for the spinning up a copy (but haven't yet implemented the ability to switch back and forth on the client area, only admin.) Most of them are pretty much in a functional/core state though if they were mentioned here.

Any feedback or specific requests/questions regarding these systems, let me know.

• @virmach you should build a new control panel. Let's name it Virmach Flan

Thanked by (2)yoursunny FAT32
  • It looks cool so far,
    When will it be enabled?

@VirMach said:
    There are going to be a lot of upcoming features, some of which have already been implemented. The descriptions below are not finalized so it's possible the end result may be different or it may take several iterations to get there.

1. Automatically making sure you have a functional IPv4 address in any case, but this also means for any migrations or changes in the future, the system will know if something's wrong and correct it if necessary.
    2. More specifically, an IP changing system for entire block swaps, auto notifying customers, letting you decide when you want to perform it within an allotted time period, and completing/cleaning up given whatever stage you're on for the change.
    3. Spinning up a temporary secondary service, transferring data, and swapping back and forth between them. This can end up being used for both optional and required/planned migrations, outages, loading in from backups, and so on.
    4. Automatic actions on severs overloading, disk issues, and other common problems which should drastically reduce any longer outages as a result of backlogs. This has been tested and it also performs much better than a human in some cases where the problem also affects our ability to communicate with the server.
    5. Granular notifications. We'll be able to do things like let you know if your service specifically is affected on a node instead of having to contact everyone, and also be able to notify you of things like the old node coming back up so you know you can move back, or that there's an upcoming migration and you can move on your own.

These systems are created in a way where they can be stacked together and customized so they'll serve many functions. A more specific scenario example: your node goes down, ability to spin up a secondary service and load from available backups is displayed automatically, or perhaps we'll activate it with a longer grace period for a node facing a potentially long outage. Once the old node is back up, you'll be able to decide to stay on the new temporary service and make it your permanent service, or switch back to the original if available (and for example, you need to pull off some data, then you can switch back again if you wanted or stay on the old service, etc.)

A lot of these functionalities are completed fully and just in a testing phase. For example, we already have a working system for the spinning up a copy (but haven't yet implemented the ability to switch back and forth on the client area, only admin.) Most of them are pretty much in a functional/core state though if they were mentioned here.

Any feedback or specific requests/questions regarding these systems, let me know.

• High packet loss in LAXA018

• Is it possible for @VirMach to offer a one-time migration service within the US for users who were migrated by the dedipath incident?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• Maybe

• please fix your broken Email 2FA,I can't receive your Email 2FA OTP code

• @JonyBee said:
    please fix your broken Email 2FA,I can't receive your Email 2FA OTP code

I searched a lot and found that many people had encountered such problem

• Do I need to register another account for submitting a ticket for this problem?