In need of a service with high performance and something like hourly billing.

Hello! I recently came across some rendering tools for Minecraft worlds, and I started offering them as an additional service to be asked by ticket in a sort-of-underground-hosting I have at the moment.

The issue here is that some users have pre-loaded maps that exceed the 10GB mark, one goes as far as 120GB, and renderization would take days to finish, and putting this much strain on my already not so big node means a huge impact to other client's experiences.

Are there any providers with high performance CPUs, that I don't have to get into a monthly contract with, that could be used to run tasks like these? I can off-load the workload to pretty much any location as long as it has the storage and the ports.

Comments

• edited May 11

Aéza would be perfect for you, all of their locations (EU/NA/AS) are powered by Ryzen 9 7950X (or better) and you can hourly deploy gigantic VMs with dedicated cores for only X amount of hours (starting as low as 0.02€/hr).
    There's a minimum deposit balance with some payment methods, however, it's only 5€

my affiliated link (will give you 15% extra on first balance topup) | non-affiliated

Thanked by (3)sh97 treesmokah wankel
  • @zgato said:
    Aéza would be perfect for you, all of their locations (EU/NA/AS) are powered by Ryzen 9 7950X (or better) and you can hourly deploy gigantic VMs with dedicated cores for only X amount of hours (starting as low as 0.02€/hr).
    There's a minimum deposit balance with some payment methods, however, it's only 5€

my affiliated link (will give you 15% extra on first balance topup) | non-affiliated

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look into it!

Thanked by (1)zgato
  • edited May 11

Time ago I rented Azure's HPC server, 120 cores, ~300 GB memory, for a few weeks. It was 10€ per day billed by minutes or seconds. The performance was brutal. IIRC they lease smaller slices, 60 cores, 30 cores, etc.

• edited May 13

@zgato said:

Sadly, not even Aeza's best high-cpu plan can handle the workload. My friend had an account and I used his resources.

[07:52:39 INFO]:    ETA: 09:03:01

I will now attempt Azure HPC.

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    Single Core | 1684
    Multi Core | 9050
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/6074613

• @davide said:
    Time ago I rented Azure's HPC server, 120 cores, ~300 GB memory, for a few weeks. It was 10€ per day billed by minutes or seconds. The performance was brutal. IIRC they lease smaller slices, 60 cores, 30 cores, etc.

How'd you get this? I only find the shabby ones.