Cheapest Domain Registration

Howdy,
I can't seem to find the thread that was discussing such. I know, cool story. Haha! Anyhow, which is the least expensive registration service out there that you trust?

Tagged:

Comments

• www.register.it

• Spaceship

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Hosting Provider

https://tldes.com/cheapest-domains
    click on cheapest register to sort it, and you'll get all cheap tld's

• @hornet said:
    which is the least expensive registration service out there

Probably Cloudflare and Spaceship.

that you trust?

None of the above for sure.

You can read about CF in a lot of places including LES: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/7869/cloudflare-being-shady
    They also force you to use their NS, etc.

Basically, they want to become a grey figure, the power behind the internet and you're the product.

Spaceship belongs to NameCheap, who are politicized as hell.
    Politicized as in the "I support the current thing" meme. Hence should they decide your domain isn't politically correct, you can wave it a goodbye.

I personally use NameSilo, but they became "clearly not the cheapest one" some time ago.
    So unsure whether I can recommend them.
    Back in the days they were more affordable.

Thanked by (2)treesmokah Lantern1368
  • edited June 2

@DataRecovery said: Spaceship belongs to NameCheap, who are politicized as hell.
    Politicized as in the "I support the current thing" meme. Hence should they decide your domain isn't politically correct, you can wave it a goodbye.

It is true, however they don't mind most projects, even "politically incorrect".
    After Epik meltdown, there aren't many registars left with proven "freedom of speech" record, and especially not "budget friendly".

Its all in @NameCrane hands now.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • Obligatory porkbun reference

• @DataRecovery said:
    Spaceship belongs to NameCheap, who are politicized as hell.

To the best of my knowledge, the only issue NameCheap takes a political position on is being strongly pro-Ukraine/anti-Russian.

• the least expensive domain is number-only .xyz (1.111B Class) on Spaceship, under USD1 per year.
    The 1.111B Class is made up of all 6-digit, 7-digit, 8-digit, and 9-digit numeric .xyz domains between 000000.xyz – 999999999.xyz. (gen.xyz)

• It's best to look for the registrars with the best renewal pricing, rather than the best one-time first-year price. You'll presumably be paying renewals a lot more times than just the first-year.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • Spaceship belongs to Namecheap. Except the Ukraine/Russia controversy, they forced 2FA which made me unable to access one of my accounts.

Another ICANN accredited registrar you might try is Cosmotown, but they are new

• @dwight said:
    Spaceship belongs to Namecheap. Except the Ukraine/Russia controversy, they forced 2FA which made me unable to access one of my accounts.

How did requiring 2FA make you unable to access one of your accounts?

• I've used Cloudflare Registrar, NameCheap and Porkbun.

CF seem to be the cheapest as they sell it "at cost" (the only cost is what is charged by registries and by ICANN), but you're forced to use CF nameservers unless you're on an Enterprise plan.
    NameCheap seem to have better first year offers, then cost more subsequent years.
    Porkbun seems to be consistently cheap. It can be slightly slow at times, but honestly no issues. Their bulk domain search is also really good.