c1vhosting Polls. 👍👎?

milkboymilkboy OG
edited June 4 in Reviews

Back story, TL;DR
I was thinking of c1vhosting, before finding this review, and only read the first and last few post. plus this is not the only thread. 🥱

i thought to myself if there is a poll of past and current customer, it would be easier to understand.
im one of those lazy people who like too look at polls/rating, without reading the whole review, before trying new stuff after all. i.e. i only look at watch it or skip it section (may be scan it a bit) of Decider post before watching.

So, without further ado, join the poll.

Side note, every review should make a poll of some kind. it helps to see if your case was isolated or a regular pattern. Plus im kinda lazy

Comments

• Copied from rules section of N:IPv6 Discord:

Banned Companies/Persons

Listed below are Companies or Persons that are Banned from here for Scamming/Deadpooling/DDoS'ing (also running DDoS for hire)/Leaking Personal information etc. The list is also contributed to by the wider N:IPv6 community so there may be people on here who are not banned or have never joined.

• C1V also known as Cinzia Tocci | from the asn blacklist - 212271 # Cinzia Tocci trading as C1V -- Known Scammer, false advertising (advertises own datacenter whithout physical existance - basement), fraud, scrapes RIPE DB to spam people, DDoSes you if you call him out on his BS

HostBrr aff best VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• @yoursunny said:
    Copied from rules section of N:IPv6 Discord:

Banned Companies/Persons

Listed below are Companies or Persons that are Banned from here for Scamming/Deadpooling/DDoS'ing (also running DDoS for hire)/Leaking Personal information etc. The list is also contributed to by the wider N:IPv6 community so there may be people on here who are not banned or have never joined.

• C1V also known as Cinzia Tocci | from the asn blacklist - 212271 # Cinzia Tocci trading as C1V -- Known Scammer, false advertising (advertises own datacenter whithout physical existance - basement), fraud, scrapes RIPE DB to spam people, DDoSes you if you call him out on his BS

Am I in that list somehow?

Thanked by (1)treesmokah

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU

• I'm also lazy... 👎

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• @Otus9051 said:
    Am I in that list somehow?

• The VPS of C1V is not very stable yet, but its spokesmen are polite and kind.

If people here can accept vir 's very low sla in some areas, kts 24 's rude attitude, and iHostArt's termination in advance, why some people cannot accept C1VHosting?

@yoursunny said: false advertising (advertises own datacenter whithout physical existance - basement)

I really don't think it is false advertising, rather overstatement maybe, because if you claim that false advertising, then what would you call vir 's advertisement in May 2022 just before its emigration from colocrossing that it would provide IPv6 in the future.
    Actually my VPS didn't get IPv6 even on due date. Not to mention iHostArt's next week IPv6.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• edited June 4

@bliss said:
    kts 24 's rude attitude.

i disagree on this!
    I have been his customer maybe from late 2017 and will continue with him.

just to add comment about c1v, use them for testing/learning ,,, never production - ever BIG DOT.

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint bliss RapToN
  • edited June 4

So many useless off-topic responses :p

@milkboy said: i thought to myself if there is a poll of past and current customer, it would be easier to understand.
    im one of those lazy people who like too look at polls/rating, without reading the whole review, before trying new stuff after all.

I don't have anything against vote polls, but discussion is the main purpose of discussion forums. That's the only advantage of forums. If you're too lazy to read posts, then maybe a forum isn't a suitable place for you.

Besides that, it's easier to fake vote results. It takes no more than 5 minutes to manualy open 10 accounts via VPN/proxy. And in case you're wondering, there are some dubious hosts actually capable of doing this and voting for themselves anonymously.

While I don't have anything against vote polls, I prefer to read people's experiences with the hosts and couldn't care less about anonymous yes and no votes.

• edited June 4

Polls have their place, but you can lose a lot of context.

For example if you ask someone if they recommend the service and have a yes/no poll, then you may lose the ability to identify if a yes (or no) note has a caveat. If we look at a budget host like C1V, plenty of people will recommend them as it “works well enough for the price”. But that recommendation hinges on the price being low, otherwise maybe they’d cease to accept issues. Other people will say no as any poor performance isn’t acceptable. Same service being provided but different votes, with potentially nothing to explain why a person went one way or another.

Likewise plenty of people come in and post negative things about a provider but if you dig deeper, it could actually be the customer at fault. A poll makes it hard to interrogate the reason behind a negative vote.

Maybe you can finesse the questions to surface some of that, but I generally feel once you do make polls more granular, they also loose some of their impact. There’s also more chance the responses become diluted and you can’t draw a clear result too.

People may not revisit to update their vote. Cyber Monday will probably have stacks of positive votes from people for the few days after they sign up on a great deal on a server that’s not yet at capacity. Whether 90% will come back later on if the service begins to fall over is debatable. Polls are better as a point in time snapshot where performance of a provider could change over time.

Lastly different plans, locations or offerings may perform differently and again warrant a bit more information. Variations in terms of plans could be hard to reflection a poll.

Thanked by (1)host_c
  • Now the million $/€/£, ten crore ₹ question: why is he still here?

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:
    Now the million $/€/£, ten crore ₹ question: why is he still here?

He paid BilohBucks FrankPesos.

HostBrr aff best VPS.

• edited June 4

@yoursunny said: DDoSes you if you call him out on his BS

Strong accusation, is there any proof of it?

I didn't even get to "investigate" myself as I was banned from IPv6 Discord before I even managed to join, they grabbed my ID from other servers (probably Frantech Discord) and banned me manually lmao. Don't really know why they did it, but looks like they have something to hide, thus I don't consider it a trusted source. Very non-inclusive of them.

• @treesmokah said:

The N:IPv6 rules were written by @PeterP.
    We simply copied it.

HostBrr aff best VPS.

• @yoursunny said: The N:IPv6 rules were written by @PeterP.

@PeterP care to post any proof? You are accusing someone of criminal activity without any kind of evidence.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • I don't think c1v owns N:IPv6

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:
    I don't think c1v owns N:IPv6

Nobody said it does.

• @Mumbly said:
    I don't have anything against vote polls, but discussion is the main purpose of discussion forums. That's the only advantage of forums. If you're too lazy to read posts, then maybe a forum isn't a suitable place for you.

Besides that, it's easier to fake vote results. It takes no more than 5 minutes to manualy open 10 accounts via VPN/proxy. And in case you're wondering, there are some dubious hosts actually capable of doing this and voting for themselves anonymously.

While I don't have anything against vote polls, I prefer to read people's experiences with the hosts and couldn't care less about anonymous yes and no votes.

I do occasionally pop up in this forum (once or twice a week.
    i read some post, not all of them, at most 2-3 page per thread (some are tens of pages mind you), and in a hot thread, when you leave for a couple of days they are can be 2-5 pages worth of post to read tru.
    i get the general idea from them, like how C1V are bad, but i dont get how bad they are, since there are some supporter of the post (i also often misread sarcasm)

I like numerical data, and yes you can fake them, but with enough votes its easier to understand.
    but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

@terrorgen said:
    Now the million $/€/£, ten crore ₹ question: why is he still here?

If you are talking about me, its because I :heart: LES

If you are talking about C1V, LES is a small golden goose for scammer and legit startup/small provider, i have been scammed few times after all.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Richard said: Maybe you can finesse the questions to surface some of that, but I generally feel once you do make polls more granular, they also loose some of their impact. There’s also more chance the responses become diluted and you can’t draw a clear result too.

same can be said about any online reviews (ie amazon reviews, rotten tomatoes, trustpilot etc..) , but you find a way to discern it.
    i like polls by the way, and i take it with a heap of salt. i'm crazy 🤪 that way.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @yoursunny said:
    Copied from rules section of N:IPv6 Discord:

Banned Companies/Persons

oof this says a lot. you must done a lot of fuckups to get b& on that discord. is there any thread / post that shows how c1v confirm or deny this in the past?

since the thread referred in op was mine, it's obvious that i'd give a thumbdown. also, having "ai-powered" is an obvious redflag for me from now on.

@treesmokah said:

I didn't even get to "investigate" myself as I was banned from IPv6 Discord before I even managed to join, they grabbed my ID from other servers (probably Frantech Discord) and banned me manually lmao. Don't really know why they did it, but looks like they have something to hide, thus I don't consider it a trusted source. Very non-inclusive of them.

this ban could be done trough bot that shares ban list (so you can ban someone once, and then it'll get banned in all of your server that you manage). I uses similar bot too

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @milkboy said: I like numerical data, and yes you can fake them, but with enough votes its easier to understand.
    but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

LES is a small forum - that's not an opinion but a fact. There aren't enough voters (the average is what, 30 votes per poll?) to provide realistic statistics, as it would take only around 5-10 accounts to manipulate every poll if someone wanted to.

Polls in such an environment should not be taken even with a grain of salt, but used for entertainment purposes only. Text-based reviews are the only semi reliable source (especially if there are multiple reviews) where a potential customer can get a better impression of the host, albeit with a grain of salt.

As I said, I have nothing against vote polls, but making them mandatory with reviews would just be silly "bloatware." (Yes, this part is an actual personal opinion :) )

@milkboy said: I do occasionally pop up in this forum (once or twice a week.
    i read some post, not all of them, at most 2-3 page per thread (some are tens of pages mind you), and in a hot thread, when you leave for a couple of days they are can be 2-5 pages worth of post to read tru.
    i get the general idea from them, like how C1V are bad, but i dont get how bad they are, since there are some supporter of the post (i also often misread sarcasm)

But that's more your use case than an issue with the reviews. The general idea of forums is to be active and to participate. I understand that not everyone will be equally active, and that's perfectly fine, but it's still a use case where it's not just about reviews but also other aspects of the forum (you're missing time limited deals, etc.) that are solely up to you.

Thanked by (2)ehab host_c
  • @Encoders said: this ban could be done trough bot that shares ban list (so you can ban someone once, and then it'll get banned in all of your server that you manage). I uses similar bot too

No, It was back when Cloudie breach happened and they were undergoing some laughable damage control and PeterP decided to ban me from their Discord so I couldn't tell anyone what happened, they actively censored any mentions of it.