Rate My Updated BashVM Website!

Rate My Updated BashVM Website!

Link: https://kendev.ct8.pl/bashvm

Thanked by (1)babywhale

Comments

• 0/10

1. Did you ask @babywhale for permission to copy the website? Otherwise it's likely illegal.
    2. You did nearly nothing except adding some icons, which btw are very distracting as they without functionality change the color on hover.
    Thanked by (2)adly babywhale
  • @lukast__ said:
    2. You did nearly nothing except adding some icons, which btw are very distracting as they without functionality change the color on hover.

Credit where it’s due, they also broke the menu (on mobile/iOS anyway) so it now covers half the page. 🫠

Thanked by (2)lukast__ babywhale
  • @adly said:

@lukast__ said:

Credit where it’s due, they also broke the menu (on mobile/iOS anyway) so it now covers half the page. 🫠

Oh, and I just discovered another thing: at the bottom right there wrongly is "Website Made By [...]". That simply is an outright copyright violation (at least he didn't replace the donate page).

Thanked by (2)babywhale adly
  • edited June 5

wow looks great! i dont mind if people want to make there own version of the website :) im totally okay with that.

I just added an MIT license so now you can do whatever legally!

• Donation button links to bashvm developer, I'm happy, 10/10, this is a little bit of a theming improvement done on the last website

• Props to @babywhale for being open to changes and updating the license, but it’s generally bad form to rip something off wholesale and claim it as your own (“Website by …”) when you’ve made at best minor changes.

Thanked by (2)babywhale KenTech
  • edited June 6

@adly said:
    Props to @babywhale for being open to changes and updating the license, but it’s generally bad form to rip something off wholesale and claim it as your own (“Website by …”) when you’ve made at best minor changes.

The Website Made by text is only on the home page tho and i can remove it if @babywhale wants!

Thanked by (1)babywhale
  • @KenTech said:

@adly said:
    Props to @babywhale for being open to changes and updating the license, but it’s generally bad form to rip something off wholesale and claim it as your own (“Website by …”) when you’ve made at best minor changes.

The Website Made by text is only on the home page tho and i can remove it if @babywhale wants!

It shouldn’t be anywhere near anything you haven’t made.

• i just merged the request from @KenTech :) thanks for the improvements to the website! if you would like id rather create a "Contributors page" rather then having made by on the home page, also added a favicon :D

Thanked by (2)KenTech adly
  • @babywhale said:
    i just merged the request from @KenTech :) thanks for the improvements to the website! if you would like id rather create a "Contributors page" rather then having made by on the home page, also added a favicon :D

nah you don't need to create a Contributors page and yea i see that you have added a favicon!

• @KenTech said:

@babywhale said:
    i just merged the request from @KenTech :) thanks for the improvements to the website! if you would like id rather create a "Contributors page" rather then having made by on the home page, also added a favicon :D

nah you don't need to create a Contributors page and yea i see that you have added a favicon!

So you’re going to remove the ‘made by …’? Permissive as the MIT licence is, it doesn’t generally allow making minuscule changes and claiming the overall work as your own.

Even if @babywhale doesn’t mind in this situation, you’re demonstrating your - terrible - values by your actions.

Thanked by (1)lukast__