How to lease "handful" of IPs?

I've come to terms with the idea that I'll never be able to rent a low-end VPS from BuyVM. It's a tragic situation. In any event, their big feature is the anycasting built right in, which is useful for a project that I have been working on since the VirMach cPanel server went down. Given that I only need one or two anycast IPs, are there any services which lease out individual IPs?

I've seen some, but they require full /24s. I don't need that many, I don't want to pay for that many, and even if I did, I think my justification of "well, I just want one" would probably fail.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• You can lease a small amount of IP but they will have to be tunneled from the provider.
    The minimum you can announce into BGP would be IPv4/24 and IPv6/48.

HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• If it makes you feel any better, you actually have to rent (3) VPS (one in each location) from BuyVM in order to utilize the Anycast feature.

• t> @yoursunny said:

You can lease a small amount of IP but they will have to be tunneled from the provider.
    The minimum you can announce into BGP would be IPv4/24 and IPv6/48.

Well, I guess secretly I was hoping you'd say there is some buyvm alternative which manages the as and the bgp announcements, but I guess no. Bummer. Only solution now is to start my own hosting company. Honestly, it seems like the most logical next step.

@petey_long said:
    If it makes you feel any better, you actually have to rent (3) VPS (one in each location) from BuyVM in order to utilize the Anycast feature.

Honestly, getting three VPSs is always just as doable as getting one...

• https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=37 - LV RYZEN KVM 2GB - 21 Available
    https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=38 - NY RYZEN KVM 2GB - 13 Available
    https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=39 - LU RYZEN KVM 2GB - 15 Available

• Fly.io has something similar. They anycast all their IP ranges on all of their regions, and you can rent individual IPs and server(s). The system will automatically route traffic to the closest server.

• @rockinmusicgv said: I'll never be able to rent a low-end VPS from BuyVM

Just to make sure you fully aware - those 512MB are discontinued and will never come back. I hope you weren't hunting for those :-D

Also if you want all 3 for anycast I am pretty sure you could drop the message to support and they will do something for you? [or just tag @Francisco :D]

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

BuyVM has floating anycast IPs already. I think they give you 5?

You don't need to lease your own /24 if you don't want to.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• Just to be sure, as it's only implied, you're looking for IPv4, aren't you? Word has it that IP's in v6 are much easier to come by :-P

• gbshousegbshouse OGServices Provider

You can try our AnycastIP

Auth DNS and anycast provider Rage4

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@Jab said:

@rockinmusicgv said: I'll never be able to rent a low-end VPS from BuyVM

Just to make sure you fully aware - those 512MB are discontinued and will never come back. I hope you weren't hunting for those :-D

Also if you want all 3 for anycast I am pretty sure you could drop the message to support and they will do something for you? [or just tag @Francisco :D]

Yeah that was true until December 2023. I was reloading some stock for christmas time and screwed up, reloading the 512MB's w/ 0 cap. Woke up to a few hundred sold.

We now do random releases of them once in a blue moon to spice things up. Very unreliable.

Francisco

• edited June 22

@Francisco said:
    We now do random releases of them once in a blue moon to spice things up. Very unreliable.

Managed to grab 1 in every location, I think 3 of those even with my phone.
    So it's perfectly doable.

dunno what's very unreliable about them, at least for me they work just fine

• @zgato said:

@Francisco said:

Managed to grab 1 in every location, I think 3 of those even with my phone.
    So it's perfectly doable.

dunno what's very unreliable about them, at least for me they work just fine

I think he meant availability is not consistent, not the reliability of the VPS.

Thanked by (1)zgato
  • Currently Using Hetzner , OVH , Buyvm , Webhorizon , Hyonix , ConnectIndo