CloudBlast.io sucks(censorship)

edited June 30 in General

So I just noticed a new provider on OGF, CloudBlast.io, and as every sane buyer and I dug in to what company operates it, what I discovered is very unusual for a hosting provider, and sketchy. I would expect any negative opinions to be removed from LET considering what CloudBlast parent company specializes in.

CloudBlast itself appears to be run by Discord skids, they also use a "fork" of highly experimental, free, and open source virtualization panel Convoy. It appears they resell or colocate with RoyaleHosting judging by their ASN https://bgp.tools/as/214730

It is owned by FOMO CREW FZCO (UAE), a weird "umbrealla" company that owns several other products under different names.

https://fomocrew.io/ (archive)

When you click on "Services" you are greeted with offerings such as "Twitter / X Account Removal Service", "News/Blog Removal", "Remove OnlyFans Stolen Content", all for heavy buck.

https://office.fomocrew.io/index.php?rp=/store/brand-reputation (archive)

They also offer services for Pump and Dump crypto shitcoins.

https://office.fomocrew.io/index.php?rp=/store/crypto-marketing (archive)

It looks pretty bad already, offering services to remove criticism, essentially Censorship as a Service. Its a recipe for unfair competition and removing negative opinions.
Lets take a look at their other companies, 3rdshift which claims to be "Boutique marketing agency, creating the digital edge you need to succeed.".

Again, their offering includes "Brand Reputation" "Removing and maintaining negative and building trustworthy public brand image.". They claim to be able to ban personal accounts on Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, among other services. They describe it as "Re-shaping your online reputation through the removal of negative content and the craft of positive.".

https://3rdshift.io/brand-reputation (archive)

Another of their companies, Reputazi claims to "help removing negative content from the internet and building a new positive reputation.". Their services include the usual "Account banning" as Fomo Crews's other companies, with an exception of "DMCA Takedown service" marketed towards camwhores and OnlyFans prostitutes. I wouldn't be surprised if they were sending Fake DMCA claims too, not to mention their company isn't even American so how the fuck are they supposed to sue someone over it.

https://reputazi.com/dmca-takedown-service.php (archive)

Lastly, the last company of Fomo Crew I have managed to find is called Bridge2VC which describes itself as a way of "Connecting Dreams to Capital" and their platform as place "Where Entrepreneurs Meet VC Investors". They claim to work with many VC's but I'm yet to find any evidence of it, most of the links of their site lead to nowhere.

https://bridge2vc.com/ (archive)

Needles to say, it doesn't look good at all. From questionable "marketing" tactics, to non-existent funding platform.
If any hosting provider or service operator has received DMCA's from them, please Email me at [email protected], I'm interested in seeing whether they send legit DMCA to begin with.

Comments

• edited June 30

Their statement regarding my post, on OGF. (archive)

just coping and seething. care to comment here @Cloudblast?

Both of these comments on LES are quite ironic considering what they do.

• If they're that good at removing criticism, this review wont stay up long

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin treesmokah

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• edited June 30

@teamacc said:
    If they're that good at removing criticism, this review wont stay up long

I'm prepared for that :)
    If it somehow disappears, I will make sure it wont be forgotten and be on the Internet easy to find, just elsewhere, a place I control.

Not that I think they will do it, I'm sure they are great guys with absolutely no sketchy dealings and would have nothing against fair criticism ;)

• edited June 30

I really don't understand the hate that YOU are addressing to us, it seems like it really bothers you that
    a new hosting has entered the market.

The brands you mentioned are simple marketing & web agency and the "removal" part is related to companies
    which got defamed without a true reason, mostly by competitors. The VC fund never started, the website is inactive.

Obviously, we aren't the owners of all social media, so the removal only happens if the content is REALLY against the terms of
    service of the website. Defamation is an illegal act in most countries, I don't see the issue of providing legal support with that?

By the way, as said earlier, Cloudblast is a different brand with a different management team and your title is out of
    context, it "sucks"but you never even tried it.

I wonder until which point this forum will allow you to continue this show?
    Maybe there is a reason if you got banned from LowEndTalk? :o

• edited June 30

@Cloudblast said: I really don't understand the >hate that YOU are addressing to us, it seems like it really bothers you that
    a new hosting has entered the market.

Yup, exactly that. I just don't like you man, there is absolutely no other reason why would I post this. Only dislike towards you is logical.
    /s

@Cloudblast said: The brands you mentioned are simple marketing & web agency and the "removal" part is related to companies
    which got defamed without a true reason, mostly by competitors. The VC fund never started, the website >is inactive.

What is defamation without a true reason? Seems like a pretty wide term. I have no issues to your VC fund that never started, it was a single thing that looked the most legitimate to me.

@Cloudblast said: Obviously, we aren't the owners of all social media, so the removal only happens if the content is REALLY against the terms of
    service of the website. Defamation is an illegal act in most countries, I don't see the issue of providing >legal support with that?

Why do you offer DMCA sending services? How do you verify if the person coming to you is the legitimate owner of the content, your sites offer anonymous Telegram contact for such services.
    You aren't even based in the US, you cannot use its laws outside the country.
    Defamation is illegal, that's right, but who are you to say what is and isn't illegal? Courts are for that, local courts, not sketchy companies from "offshore" countries that aren't even able to do anything legally.
    You are not a licensed lawyer, what legal help are you talking about?

@Cloudblast said: By the way, as said earlier, >Cloudblast is a different brand with a different management and your title is out of context, it "sucks"
    but you never even tried it.

Is this defamation?

@Cloudblast said: I wonder until which point this forum will allow you to continue this show?
    Maybe there is a reason if you got banned from LowEndTalk? :o

What show? Calling out bullshit?
    You are the only person here who isn't happy about it.

• @treesmokah said: Yup, exactly that. I just don't like you man, there is absolutely no other reason why would I post this. Only dislike towards you is logical.

/s

=) This is the community LowEndSpirit wants?

@treesmokah said: What is defamation without a true reason? Seems like a pretty wide term. I have no issues to your VC fund that never started, it was a single thing that looked the most legitimate to me.

Again, that isn't Cloudblast. If you are not happy and you believe that company is violating law (which isn't the case), then sue them.

• edited June 30

@Cloudblast said: =) This is the community LowEndSpirit wants?

It was sarcasm, there is a reason why I added "/s" at the end. But I get that, you are new.

@Cloudblast said: Again, that isn't Cloudblast. If you are not happy and you believe that company is violating law (which isn't the case), then sue them.

I think you are closer to suing someone than I am.

• edited July 1

[mod edit: requested text removal] (archive)

• edited June 30

@treesmokah said:
    More happy customers over on OGF :) (archive)

We are not customers of Cloudblast. Respectfully, despite your accusations, my post was not intended to defame Cloudblast. Please do not twist my words for your agenda. While I agree that they seem shady and their parent company suggest this, it reflects poorly on you to attack them without concrete evidence.

• edited June 30

@Vexelia said:

@treesmokah said:
    More happy customers over on OGF :) (archive)

We are not customers of Cloudblast. Respectfully, despite your accusations, my post was not intended to defame Cloudblast. Please do not twist my words for your agenda. While I agree that they seem shady and their parent company suggest this, it reflects poorly on you to attack them without concrete evidence.

Sorry, it was a joke but maybe I didn't make it more clear, and that's my bad. I can retract my words about you being their client, it didn't add anything to the screenshot anyways. All I wanted was to preserve your comment as it more clearly describes "CloudBlast's issue".

I don't really care about damaging their reputation, believe it or not. I just want people to have information that I personally found useful, archived and easily searchable, so they can make better decisions with their hosting choice.

I was baffled just by seeing a hosting provider operated by such "group" of brands, I have also seen them(similar companies, not exactly them, I do not have evidence for it) being misused for fake DMCA's, and pretty much only it. The fact they are based out of UAE makes it even shadier.

• @treesmokah said:
    I was baffled just by seeing a hosting provider operated by such "group" of brands, I have also seen them(similar companies, not exactly them, I do not have evidence for it) being misused for fake DMCA's, and pretty much only it. The fact they are based out of UAE makes it even shadier.

You are correct; most businesses that aren’t law firms (or similar) often act maliciously and send out illegal DMCA notices. Given the shady nature of these services and the company based in the UAE, it gives me an unnerving feeling. Additionally, they falsely claim that the host is a separate entity when it is not. Unlike how Cosmic Global is a child company of GameServerKing, Cloudblast is legally just a brand, not a child company.

I have highlighted this in my recent comment on their LET post. Legally speaking, there is no “different management” since it is all held by the same company and lacks separate legal standing, i.e., "a different entity."

Thanked by (2)treesmokah bikegremlin
  • edited July 1

@Vexelia said:

@treesmokah said:

You are correct; most businesses that aren’t law firms (or similar) often act maliciously and send out illegal DMCA notices. Given the shady nature of these services and the company based in the UAE, it gives me an unnerving feeling. Additionally, they falsely claim that the host is a separate entity when it is not. Unlike how Cosmic Global is a child company of GameServerKing, Cloudblast is legally just a brand, not a child company.

I have highlighted this in my recent comment on their LET post. Legally speaking, there is no “different management” since it is all held by the same company and lacks separate legal standing, i.e., "a different entity."

Then it gets even worse, seems like I overlooked that part. It being a brand makes it a whole lot worse, considering what other services they offer. I would call it "Blackhat marketing", such services are pretty much only used for toxic competition, fake reviews, silencing criticism etc. its literally what they say themselves, on their sites.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited July 1

@teamacc said:

It may not be perfect, but as far as I can tell, the original post looks like decent investigative journalism (not a review).

I think it is more bad than good to remove and censor such stuff. At least based on my criteria and moral compas.

P.S.
    I would also add that sharing information for other users to know and be aware of is encouraged on LES, not forbidden.

Thanked by (1)keklord

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@teamacc said:

It may not be perfect, but as far as I can tell, the original post looks like decent investigative journalism (not a review).

Possibly, but it's quickly reached the point of just posting screenshots from OGF that anyone who actually cares about the drama could just go and read. I guess it's just a way for Tree to get to join in /shrug

• @ahnlak said:

@bikegremlin said:

@teamacc said:

Possibly, but it's quickly reached the point of just posting screenshots from OGF that anyone who actually cares about the drama could just go and read. I guess it's just a way for Tree to get to join in /shrug

I wanted to have everything in one place, even for archival purposes. Content gets removed from LET all the time, and if the "offended" party is a company that basically censors people for a living, its fair to assume its gonna happen.