VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Didn't realize my VPS on NYCB048 was also affected. I saw this on the Network Status page, looks like a larger migration:

LAX2 to LAX Migrations (Reported)Critical
    Affecting System - LAX2Z018, LAX2Z020, LAX2Z021, NYCB042, NYCB048, NYCB006R

06/30/2024 00:05 - 07/03/2024 00:00 Last Updated 07/01/2024 02:01
    There has been a delay in migration of approximately 60 individual virtual servers on LAX2Z020 and LAX2Z021. Originally planned for June 29th, these migrations will occur on June 30th. Services scheduled for migration on LAX2Z018 have also been delayed. ETA will be posted here when available.

All services have been credited 2 weeks instead of the original 1 week due to delayed notifications.

The following servers will be physically migrated on July 2nd:

NYCB006R
    NYCB042
    NYCB048
    LAX2Z020
    LAX2Z021
    Anyone physically migrated will keep their original IPv4 address and remain on the same server. There may be an extended period of downtime should there be any issues or delays related to migration of IPv4 addresses or physical installation of servers. There is a small possibility that IPv4 addresses may be changed to reduce downtime should there be any unexpected delays or issues with networking.

Update: LAX2Z018 will be physically migrated on July 2nd instead of the original planned data transfer. We've made this decision as it would be a better experience to remain on the existing physical server, with a higher access to bursting resources.

(and this from yesterday):

VPShared -- LAX2Z017 (Outage)Critical
    Affecting System - VPShared

07/01/2024 02:01 Last Updated 07/01/2024 02:06
    Several attempts to stabilize the server have failed in the previous weeks, with the node continuing to face many novel issues consecutively. While it is online, these issues have essentially rendered your shared hosting service unusable.

We will begin performing further physical troubleshooting on July 2nd after the server is moved to a new datacenter location, and will likely need to perform emergency data recovery and migration to a stable node. We are determining the appropriate level of service extension given the scenarios faced on this server over an extended period of time, but you will likely receive several months of extension to make up for these previous issues.

We apologize for the bad experience.

• edited July 4

My main NYC VPS is now inaccessible - node unknown; 185.221.22.0 subnet.
    [Edit; All NYC down for me!]

Thanked by (1)Vagueness

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said: node unknown;

You are in the endless void man!!!!

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

URL Shortener | YetiNode | CryptidSecurity | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | LaunchVPS | Are you in the Node?

• JabJab
    edited July 4

https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.

(added) NYC Metro Outage
    (added)
    (added) https://billing.virmach.com/networkissues.php?view=nid1635
    Thu, 04 Jul 2024 08:47:00 -0700 We're investigating an outage in NYC.
    (added)

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.

(added) NYC Metro Outage
    (added)
    (added) https://billing.virmach.com/networkissues.php?view=nid1635
    Thu, 04 Jul 2024 08:47:00 -0700 We're investigating an outage in NYC.
    (added)

Thu, 04 Jul 2024 08:47:00 -0700 We're investigating an outage in NYC. This appears to be a connectivity issue related to routing. We are communicating with the datacenter to resolve the issue.

• DALZ005 in virmach had been offlined.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Sorata said:
    DALZ005 in virmach had been offlined.

DALZ005 was retired around 8 months ago. You're likely on another node, and if it went down today the highest likelihood is it's in NYC.

• Had to rent a server from another provider, due to NYC fiasco. :'(

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Hello @VirMach i'm write you more times to PM but I'm write in same time here , you are interested to sell you company? Or a subvention ?

Regards

• @Calin said:
    Hello @VirMach i'm write you more times to PM but I'm write in same time here , you are interested to sell you company? Or a subvention ?

Regards

OOOuuuuuuu

i like you are dreaming big

now i worry about you .... calm down .... slow and easy.

• @Calin said:

Regards

If you take over Virmach,please take care of these frustrated customers

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • What? Virmach for sale? I'll take it. $7

I promise to destroy the company in a few days.

• So, we can migrate down servers to another DC ? xD

• As said to client just 5 mins ago: Sod's Law back up just as I changed the DNS to the newly built replacement server. :anguished: As I predicted. :angry:

• Back for 1.5 hours already.
    Damn 4th of July.

• @lesuser said:
    26+ hours and counting

You're in for a long counting spree!!

• Yay! The interface is back up. Now I can cancel it.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    As said to client just 5 mins ago: Sod's Law back up just as I changed the DNS to the newly built replacement server. :anguished: As I predicted. :angry:

so did you go back to it and cancel your replacement server?

• @JoeMerit said: so did you go back to it and cancel your replacement server?

I did revert to the NYC one but given upcoming CHI and MIA shenanigans, the newly built server may prove useful. It's significantly annoying due to me virtually idling the NYC server since BF 2019, to confirm its stability, which WAS solid as a rock. :|

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@AlwaysSkint said:

@JoeMerit said: so did you go back to it and cancel your replacement server?

I did revert to the NYC one but given upcoming CHI and MIA shenanigans, the newly built server may prove useful. It's significantly annoying due to me virtually idling the NYC server since BF 2019, to confirm its stability, which WAS solid as a rock. :|

The NYC issue wasn't that complicated, but unfortunately it took very long to resolve just because of timing.

The amazing tech that usually helps with NYC was unavailable on the 4th so we were at the mercy of whoever happened to be on duty at the datacenter and as a result... let's just say if I was there, our usual tech was there, anyone from the direct partner we're using for NYC was there, or even if I was on a phone call with pretty much any of my non-technical friends or family members at the DC, it would have confidently been resolved in a couple hours.

• edited July 7

@VirMach said: The NYC issue wasn't that complicated.. etc.

I hope that this is some form of reassurance. ;) This specific NYC (multi-IP) has been excellent up to this point.

Awaiting the Sh1t to do the bad thing, when my BF'19 in CHI gets its IP change : pre-warned a client on that one. Still not clear on whether my MIA one will suffer be affected, during this bout of migrations.

• CHi has bitten the dust. :(

• 193.29.97.0/24 is losing visibility.
    MIAZ001 moving to Atlanta was scheduled for July 06 but I don't see new IP in SolusVM.
    I'm glad that I didn't trust the "3-hoir downtime" and moved out most of the services on July 05.

HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Japan is the last one standing strong

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    CHi has bitten the dust. :(

CHI is still working for me.

• @mockingbird said: CHI is still working for me.

Just you wait.. actually the migration is for CHIZ001 and CHIZ002 - guess where my VPS are?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@mockingbird said: CHI is still working for me.

Just you wait.. actually the migration is for CHIZ001 and CHIZ002 - guess where my VPS are?

Ah, that explains it. I'm not on those nodes. ...New Yoik?

• @VirMach > Approximately 2 to 3 hours of downtime while your service is migrated.
    You having a laugh? !
    Looks as though I'm going to need to restore to that new competitor's server. What a bloody PITA. :-(

• on the bright side, my long offline NY server is back up and I got credited for all the downtime and then some.