VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @yoursunny said:
    193.29.97.0/24 is losing visibility.
    MIAZ001 moving to Atlanta was scheduled for July 06 but I don't see new IP in SolusVM.
    I'm glad that I didn't trust the "3-hoir downtime" and moved out most of the services on July 05.

New IP appeared in 89.37.197.0/24, MIAZ012.
    Nevertheless, I plan to cancel this server.
    $8.88/year 1920MB 45GB used to be good dealz but the Texas Josh has surpassed it.

HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited July 7

@yoursunny said:
    I plan to cancel this server.
    $8.88/year 1920MB 45GB.

You'll want a push-ups video to transfer the server?

• JBBJBB OG

I planned ahead a bit: verified VNC worked, switch from static to DHCP network config, and set a remote (UDP) syslog server.

My secondary VPS went down at 2024-07-07 09:13:41 (UTC+00:00) and moved from Miami to RYZE.ATL-Z010.VMS. Had to manually boot it, but it's now up and running again. I think that VPS has been in AMS, then FF, then Miami, and now ATL!

My 2GB free lifetime VPS (which has been really solid, thanks, Virmach!) on CHIZ001 went down at 2024-07-07 01:46:44 (UTC+00:00). Hetrixtools shows it flapped on/offline at least 16 times from 01:46 until 03:56. It's partially offline now--my remote syslog server is still seeing log entries over UDP, but it's clearly sad: "error resolving pool 0.debian.pool.ntp.org: Temporary failure in name resolution (-3)", so I suspect the network is passing traffic out, but not in.

Fingers crossed we don't have any major problems!

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited July 7

I received the email a week ago indicating my VM was moving DCs due to IPv4 price hikes at the current provider. For some reason the email went to spam though I have since flagged it as not spam. As usual the downtime seems to have been grossly underestimated at 2-3 hours (needless to say this window came and went without any updates). Par for the course.

Logging in today I am getting the classic "We cannot load the controls for your service at this time." Since my service tickets never get responded to, anyone else in the 193.151.x.x range have their VMs moved yet and want to hazard a guess on when I should try to access mine again? I'll need to update DNS but I've never received advanced notice of the new target range IPv4 like pretty much all the rest of my providers give so just moving onto other things until it comes back online. Network status page seems to show all DCs up and online and I don't see any other maintenance notices or updates there so thought I would post here since it seems to be the only way I've ever received maintenance related info.

Cheers.

• JBBJBB OG

@hazarjast said:

Logging in today I am getting the classic "We cannot load the controls for your service at this time." Since my service tickets never get responded to, anyone else in the 193.151.x.x range have their VMs moved yet and want to hazard a guess on when I should try to access mine again? I'll need to update DNS but I've never received advanced notice of the new target range IPv4 like pretty much all

My chi VPS was also in 193.151.183.0/24--no control panel access for me yet. Last I checked, the status page shows CHIZ001.VIRM.AC and CHIZ002.VIRM.AC have been offline for about 20 hours. Sorry, I know that's not much help.

• JBBJBB OG

Status page is now showing CHIZ001 and CHIZ002 are back online and my control panel is back--but with the old IP! I booted the VM and can access the console over VNC. It's got a DHCP lease, but I can't ping the gateway or the DHCP server. tcpdump shows 80+ other guests making DHCP queries (and some SSDP traffic, of course). Maybe something went wrong or took too long at NYC and CHI got a stay of execution? My syslog server hasn't seen anything from CHI since 22:03 UTC.

• MS said:

@yoursunny said:
    I plan to cancel this server.
    $8.88/year 1920MB 45GB.

You'll want a push-ups video to transfer the server?

If you want it, $6.99 (PayPal) or $6.66 (Venmo), seller pays transaction fee and transfer service fee.
    Server will be loaded with one push-up video.

YABS https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/98747/#Comment_98747

HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• @JBB said:

@hazarjast said:

Logging in today I am getting the classic "We cannot load the controls for your service at this time." Since my service tickets never get responded to, anyone else in the 193.151.x.x range have their VMs moved yet and want to hazard a guess on when I should try to access mine again? I'll need to update DNS but I've never received advanced notice of the new target range IPv4 like pretty much all

My chi VPS was also in 193.151.183.0/24--no control panel access for me yet. Last I checked, the status page shows CHIZ001.VIRM.AC and CHIZ002.VIRM.AC have been offline for about 20 hours. Sorry, I know that's not much help.

All good, thanks. The fact that at least one other in my range is in the same state is a good enough update as any. At least I know my situation isn't unique to my VM. I'll keep checking back periodically.

• @JBB said:
    Status page is now showing CHIZ001 and CHIZ002 are back online and my control panel is back--but with the old IP! I booted the VM and can access the console over VNC. It's got a DHCP lease, but I can't ping the gateway or the DHCP server. tcpdump shows 80+ other guests making DHCP queries (and some SSDP traffic, of course). Maybe something went wrong or took too long at NYC and CHI got a stay of execution? My syslog server hasn't seen anything from CHI since 22:03 UTC.

Checked mine and seeing the same. Looks like something was either reverted or still in the process of moving/reassignment. VNC works same as you but old IP shows up and there's no other connectivity. Will check back on it again later.

• edited July 8

@yoursunny said:

If you want it, $6.99 (PayPal) or $6.66 (Venmo), seller pays transaction fee and transfer service fee.

I'll take it. How much is the transfer service fee?

• Apple pie

• JBBJBB OG

@hazarjast said:

Checked mine and seeing the same. Looks like something was either reverted or still in the process of moving/reassignment. VNC works same as you but old IP shows up and there's no other connectivity. Will check back on it again later.

I just glanced at my chi control panel--it's still showing on a Chicago host, but it has a new 62.192.173.0/24 IP address. I manually booted it and it seems to be working fine now.

• > @JBB said:
      > > @hazarjast said:
      > >
      > > Checked mine and seeing the same. Looks like something was either reverted or still in the process of moving/reassignment. VNC works same as you but old IP shows up and there's no other connectivity. Will check back on it again later.
      >
      > I just glanced at my chi control panel--it's still showing on a Chicago host, but it has a new 62.192.173.0/24 IP address. I manually booted it and it seems to be working fine now.
      >

Yeah, one of mine got a new IP and works fine. The other is still on the original and not so fine. ;-)

• @Wonder_Woman said:

@yoursunny said:

If @Wonder_Woman won't take it, I will. :smile:

• Want to pay the bill but can't login.

• edited July 9

@JBB said:

@hazarjast said:

I just glanced at my chi control panel--it's still showing on a Chicago host, but it has a new 62.192.173.0/24 IP address. I manually booted it and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the heads up. Just got back to mine today. Had to reconfigure the network from the management console and now it is up and running in the same IP space as you. I will view this assignment as an improvement over the last IP space which all the geo IP databases still saw as registered in Poland. Glad to be back in "Chicago" now from a latency and CDN routing perspective.

Cheers.

• @root said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

@yoursunny said:

If @Wonder_Woman won't take it, I will. :smile:

Sorry! Transfer to me is pending with a ticket already

Thanked by (1)root
  • @Wonder_Woman said: Transfer to me is pending..

Awaiting the Wonder Woman pushups meme.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@Wonder_Woman said: Transfer to me is pending..

Awaiting the Wonder Woman pushups meme.

• Chicago Emergency Maintenance Tue, 09 Jul 2024 23:07:00 -0700

While performing scheduled maintenance recently in Chicago, we noticed some additional hardware problems that must be addressed.
    These changes will be performed in small batches. If your service was part of the previous migration, and it ran into problems, it may be migrated to another node in Chicago or NYC. If you were not involved in the migration but your service is located on CHIZ003 or CHIZ004, then it may be migrated to CHIZ001 or CHIZ002. We noticed a potential disk issue on CHIZ003 and memory issue in CHIZ004 so after further evaluation, and as a preventative measure, your service may be moved.

A small number of virtual servers involved in the recent IPv4 change or migration may have issues and are being re-checked and re-migrated if necessary as well. There are also approximately 80 virtual servers that did not properly have connectivity restored after the migration due to the previously mentioned complications, which are being corrected. The IPv4 address may change and/or the service may be re-migrated.

After maintenance, if your service has been facing networking issues, even if your IPv4 address has not changed, please "reconfigure networking."

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.

(removed) Chicago Emergency Maintenance
    (removed) blablablabla

and it's gone.
    Fixed?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Anyone else suddenly get migrated from NY to DAL? My VPS was off. IP had been changed. Zero notice. Zero communication.
    Par for the course these days I guess.

• If you can't reach your VPS on node "ATLZ034.VIRM.AC", you should check the VM's IP, because mine has been changed in the last days. You need to use the "Reconfigure Networking" option on the SolusVM panel, after that probably the VM will be OK. I not received any (email, network status page, etc) notification about this change.

• @Jab said:

https://billing.virmach.com/networkissuesrss.php had a change.

(removed) Chicago Emergency Maintenance
    (removed) blablablabla

and it's gone.
    Fixed?

My Chicago VPS went down about an hour ago. Not seeing any maintenance notes. Statusbot shows last update was 55 minutes ago for CHI001, CHI002, and CHI004. Can't load the control panel. Maybe the emergency maintenance was deferred from yesterday to now?

• ^ Yup. Total PITA. Had to revert the client site to my replacement server and less importantly that's me also down on one nameserver. I'm starting to lose patience now.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@AlwaysSkint said:
    ^ Yup. Total PITA. Had to revert the client site to my replacement server and less importantly that's me also down on one nameserver. I'm starting to lose patience now.

i havent run any production since last year.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited July 12

@AlwaysSkint said:
    . I'm starting to lose patience now.

A perfume seller and a dream seller from Eastern European country used to spell it as “Patscience” on ogf

If memory serves me well

Thanked by (1)Encoders

On extended break from LES due to selective bias of mods
    ———-
    blog | exploring visually |

• edited July 13

I have a couple of Virmach services I am no longer using as I have moved the projects on them to a dedicated server.

Paypal F&F/BTC-Lightning includes Virmach transfer fees - send me a PM if you are interested in any of these and I will remove them from the list.

USD10 - LAXA007 - 2C-3.13G-35GB-5.86TB - [email protected] - 02-Dec-2024
    USD10 - SJCZ008 - 3C-2.19G-25GB-2.5TB - [email protected] - 31-Jan-2025
    USD15 - NYCB028 - 4C-2G-100GB-10TB - [email protected] - 27-Dec-2024
    USD15 - ATLZ010 - 4C-2.42G-70GB-7TB - [email protected] - 29-Dec-2024
    USD15 - ATLZ009 - 3C4.56G-55GB-5.5TB - [email protected] - 02-Jan-2025

can supply YABS via PM

• @dgc1980 said:
    I have a couple of Virmach services I am no longer using as I have moved the projects on them to a dedicated server.

Paypal F&F/BTC-Lightning includes Virmach transfer fees - send me a PM if you are interested in any of these and I will remove them from the list.

USD10 - LAXA007 - 2C-3.13G-35GB-5.86TB - [email protected] - 02-Dec-2024
    USD10 - SJCZ008 - 3C-2.19G-25GB-2.5TB - [email protected] - 31-Jan-2025
    USD15 - NYCB028 - 4C-2G-100GB-10TB - [email protected] - 27-Dec-2024
    USD15 - ATLZ010 - 4C-2.42G-70GB-7TB - [email protected] - 29-Dec-2024
    USD15 - ATLZ009 - 3C4.56G-55GB-5.5TB - [email protected] - 02-Jan-2025

can supply YABS via PM

Do you have Virmach JP servers to transfer,if you have I want take one