$13 Xeon Dedis from OneProvider

Comments

• edited June 23

@KenTech said:
    @Not_Oles buy the $13 dollar one and let us test it lol

Yo kid you can't just expect (or ask) someone to buy a dedi for you.

Thanked by (2)runbiscuit KenTech
  • edited June 23

@dgc1980 said:
    for the price of the $13, I would prefer getting a RS 1000 G11 from nutcup, it would be like night and day other than the storage.

I have 4 servers with NC and LOVE them. Most recent is their ARM offering, VPS 1000 ARM G11.

Also: nutcup? LMFAO!

• @valkyrie said:

@KenTech said:
    @Not_Oles buy the $13 dollar one and let us test it lol

Yo kid you can't just expect (or ask) someone to buy a dedi for you.

ik mate i was just joking

• @AuroraZero said:
    Anyone that grabs a 13 buck one post some stuffs.

Also of you don't want to keep it let me know.

$13 box is in stock again if you were still looking for one.

fk ipv6

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Moderator

@beanman109 said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Anyone that grabs a 13 buck one post some stuffs.

Also of you don't want to keep it let me know.

$13 box is in stock again if you were still looking for one.

Awesome got one man Thank You!

Thanked by (1)thagoat

URL Shortener | YetiNode | CryptidSecurity | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | LaunchVPS | Are you in the Node?

• edited July 2

It's listed at $13.10. That extra 10 cents destroys the deal. /s

Thanked by (2)thagoat imok
  • $17.04 deal is back with 2x2tb sata

Thanked by (1)thagoat
  • Hi, any recommendations on how to access the iPMI/ KVM HP iLO3? Unfortunately my system is a little too modern to handle it.

I tried installing Firefox 35 portable and that seemed to show the IPMI. But the Java applet does not seem to work. Another option is to have jnlp downloaded, but openwebstart also fails.

Any thoughts?

• @localhost said:
    Hi, any recommendations on how to access the iPMI/ KVM HP iLO3? Unfortunately my system is a little too modern to handle it.

I tried installing Firefox 35 portable and that seemed to show the IPMI. But the Java applet does not seem to work. Another option is to have jnlp downloaded, but openwebstart also fails.

Any thoughts?

WindowsXP VM.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @Neoon said:

@localhost said:
    Hi, any recommendations on how to access the iPMI/ KVM HP iLO3? Unfortunately my system is a little too modern to handle it.

Any thoughts?

WindowsXP VM.

That may be tough to get my hands on for sometime. Anything else?

• @localhost said:
    That may be tough to get my hands on for sometime. Anything else?

you may need to install a older java binary, like java7 or something by googling a bit.

• I run HPLOCONS in a Windows VM. Googling should get you a link

• @localhost said:

Any thoughts?

These old toasters are increasingly a pain in the butt, even old browsers/old Java runtimes are a nightmare.
    What worked for me recently: if you find an old Android pad/smartphone (like Android 3/4), install an old version of the HP 'iLO Console' app (e.g. 1.05.6). YMMV

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @mikewazar said:
    I run HPLOCONS in a Windows VM. Googling should get you a link

I actually found it yesterday by chance. But it seems my kvm freezes over. But definitely it's a god send

• @Shot² said:

@localhost said:

Any thoughts?

These old toasters are increasingly a pain in the butt, even old browsers/old Java runtimes are a nightmare.
    What worked for me recently: if you find an old Android pad/smartphone (like Android 3/4), install an old version of the HP 'iLO Console' app (e.g. 1.05.6). YMMV

I'll try that too

• Does anyone know if you can transfer OneProvider dedis?
    On top of that if you can transfer them & anyone has one of the $17 16GB boxs they no longer want I'd be interested in grabbing that as they upped the price of them to $20+ now

fk ipv6

• @beanman109 said:
    Does anyone know if you can transfer OneProvider dedis?
    On top of that if you can transfer them & anyone has one of the $17 16GB boxs they no longer want I'd be interested in grabbing that as they upped the price of them to $20+ now

Last heard they don't allow transfers (2023).
    Damn I thought these were fixed price.

• @localhost said: Damn I thought these were fixed price.

They're fixed at the price you buy them at, but for some reason they're changing the 'sale' price of them constantly so they're at $20 to get a new box right now.

fk ipv6

• @beanman109 said:

@localhost said: Damn I thought these were fixed price.

They're fixed at the price you buy them at, but for some reason they're changing the 'sale' price of them constantly so they're at $20 to get a new box right now.

Yeh.
    My 17$ dedi (2tbx2) is having some trouble with kvm. I hope they are able to sort it out...

• @thagoat said:

@dgc1980 said:
    for the price of the $13, I would prefer getting a RS 1000 G11 from nutcup, it would be like night and day other than the storage.

I have 4 servers with NC and LOVE them. Most recent is their ARM offering, VPS 1000 ARM G11.

Also: nutcup? LMFAO!

Try Avoro.eu they are also great, same spec

• edited July 15

@Shot² said:

@localhost said:

Any thoughts?

You need to install an old java to use the ILO or IDRAC Java 7 or something then it will work. But i agree these boxes should be decomised a long time ago :p

• Finally got me the OS installed via IPMI.

Usually I would use smartctl to find the disk health. But, now since its setup on HW Raid1, what is the best way to identify the disk health? PowerOnHours, any bad sectors etc etc. Below commands show how the setup is. Thanks in advance.

[plumberg@myHost ~]$ sudo lsblk
    NAME                                          MAJ:MIN RM  SIZE RO TYPE  MOUNTPOINTS
    sda                                             8:0    0  1.8T  0 disk
    ├─sda1                                          8:1    0    1G  0 part  /boot
    └─sda2                                          8:2    0  1.8T  0 part
      └─luks-7815da3c-eaee-4bd0-a51a-2d49caa1070b 253:0    0  1.8T  0 crypt
        ├─almalinux_myHost-root       253:1    0   70G  0 lvm   /
        ├─almalinux_myHost-swap       253:2    0  7.8G  0 lvm   [SWAP]
        └─almalinux_myHost-home       253:3    0  1.7T  0 lvm   /home

[plumberg@myHost ~]$ sudo smartctl -i /dev/sda1
    smartctl 7.2 2020-12-30 r5155 [x86_64-linux-5.14.0-427.24.1.el9_4.x86_64] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-20, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Vendor:               HP
    Product:              LOGICAL VOLUME
    Revision:             6.64
    Compliance:           SPC-3
    User Capacity:        2,000,365,379,584 bytes [2.00 TB]
    Logical block size:   512 bytes
    Physical block size:  4096 bytes
    Rotation Rate:        15000 rpm
    Logical Unit id:      0x600508b1001c837b9d4895e37d2ca9e2
    Serial number:        PACCRID2806YF
    Device type:          disk
    Local Time is:        Wed Jul 17 18:37:12 2024 EDT
    SMART support is:     Unavailable - device lacks SMART capability.

So for some reason, it says SMART is not available?

• edited July 17

@localhost
    remove the partition from the device smartctl -a /dev/sda

also need MegaCli for the hardware raid devices

MegaCli -PDList -aALL

MegaCli -PDList -aALL | grep "Device Id"

smartctl -a -d sat+megaraid,#DeviceID /dev/sda

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @dgc1980 said:
    @localhost

MegaCli -PDList -aALL

Kool. Will check that out in sometime. Thnx

• @dgc1980 said:
    @localhost

MegaCli -PDList -aALL

Seems MegaCli is an older implementation.. StorCLI is new. But I am unable to find good instructions to get set with StorCLI.

I installed MegaCli and it has some additional dependencies which are not readily available in AL9... Sigh

• @localhost said: I installed MegaCli and it has some additional dependencies which are not readily available in AL9... Sigh

maybe i you boot back into the raid configuration via your IPMI you may be able to get the Device ID's from that to pass through to smartctl?

• @dgc1980 said:

@localhost said: I installed MegaCli and it has some additional dependencies which are not readily available in AL9... Sigh

maybe i you boot back into the raid configuration via your IPMI you may be able to get the Device ID's from that to pass through to smartctl?

oh, interesting... any tips on what to check?

• edited July 18

@localhost said: any tips on what to check?

nope sorry :(

edit: worst case, boot into a older ubuntu or something via livecd/netboot and run megacli via that to get device id?

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • edited July 18

@localhost said: any tips on what to check

double posting, System Rescue CD has MegaCli package with it

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=systemrescue&pkglist=true&version=2.0.1

old version anyway

https://onyx.koli.ch/file/mark/triage/rescuecd/ here is the older version 2.0.1 with MegaCli included

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • AuroraZeroAuroraZero Moderator
    Thanked by (1)localhost

URL Shortener | YetiNode | CryptidSecurity | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | LaunchVPS | Are you in the Node?