RIP justVM

coldcold OG
edited August 21 in Industry News

another one bites to dust.
Today I've got the email that 21.09.24 all services from JUSTVM will be terminated.
refunds First in first out, so if you didn't got the email open a ticket
so R.I.P

Thanked by (1)abdalla

Comments

• i guess you just get justed

with that much of time it should be enough to migrate your billion dollar business

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

Justgotfucked

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited August 21

A number of providers are on the verge from what I see, with non-functional websites, no effort to promote and acquire customers, they disappear silently like that, without clamor.

• @davide said:
    A number of providers are on the verge from what I see, with non-functional websites, no effort to promote and acquire customers, they disappear silently like that, without clamor.

Issues IS not that at all. Cause the climate.

September -) Autumn IS coming . Bad time for the summerhosts. + Go back school

Thanked by (1)cold

I believe in the good luck. Harder than I work luckier i get.

• well this one said there gonna be a refund at least

• @cold said: refunds First in first out, so if you didn't got the email open a ticket

You mean, wait until they close the service & then open paypal dispute right?

fk ipv6

• coldcold OG
    edited August 21

@beanman109 said:

@cold said: refunds First in first out, so if you didn't got the email open a ticket

@beanman109 said:

@cold said: refunds First in first out, so if you didn't got the email open a ticket

I hope not, but he said the refunds will start after the services are gone, so probably it will end as you said

• edited August 22

I have no idea why people used that provider
    I remember when they started, they literally had a BuyVM site downloaded with HTTrack, just changed some text but there were still mentions to BuyVM. Name is also obviously "inspired" by BuyVM.
    And these insane prices, its not possible to sustain this.

4 different phone numbers in website footer, but company info nowhere to be seen(neither in TOS).

Privacy policy is a template from https://seqlegal.com/

I believe they were planning day one to fuck everyone over. There were many red flags.

• @treesmokah said:
    I remember when they started, they literally had a BuyVM site downloaded with HTTrack, just changed some text but there were still mentions to BuyVM. Name is also obviously "inspired" by BuyVM.

4 different phone numbers in website footer, but company info nowhere to be seen(neither in TOS).

I believe they were planning day one to fuck everyone over. There were many red flags.

well its not that easy with PayPal dispute, I dont think you can fuck PayPal

• cserverscservers Hosting Provider
    edited August 23

For those that are comfortable with IPv6 with NAT64/DNS64 (dynamic IPv4 at this moment), and accept to be allocated to a European server, we've decided to do a refugee offer.

Send us a ticket at web.c-servers.co.uk with the topic "JustVM Price Match", a invoice proof from JustVM, and we'll take it from there and price match JustVM's offer.

This is valid for 2GB customers only.

Spots available are 5, split between the Germany and Finland servers (it's not possible to choose which one will be allocated). Current customers cannot migrate to this offer, but they can add the extra VPS. Offer ends 26/08/2024.

Thanked by (1)cold
  • MannDudeMannDude Hosting Provider

@treesmokah said:

Yeah but they paid for a provider tag and probably will rinse and repeat, because they can.

[ IncogNET LLC ] - Privacy By Design
    We believe that privacy and freedom of expression are two very important things, so we offer solutions to accessing and publishing content safely.
    [ USA: Liberty Lake, WA | Kansas City, MO | Allentown, PA ] [EU: Naaldwijk, NL ] [ CL Shared | KVM VPS | VPN | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names ]

• SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider

The interesting thing is that i actually tried to get in touch about either working together or an acquisition. They have not gotten back to me. Make of that what you want :)

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ LIR-Services ★ | ★ SiteTide Web-Hosting ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★ | ★ Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Hosting ProviderOG

@SGraf said:
    The interesting thing is that i actually tried to get in touch about either working together or an acquisition. They have not gotten back to me. Make of that what you want :)

I don't think they have anything to sell, The prices are impossible to maintain. and they also don't own their equipment or IPS.

George Datacenter LLC
    www.georgedatacenter.com
    Owner Hardware

• SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider

@georgedatacenter said:

@SGraf said:

I don't think they have anything to sell, The prices are impossible to maintain. and they also don't own their equipment or IPS.

Would have needed a few more numbers and information to evaluate, but a challenge: very likely.

Thanked by (1)georgedatacenter

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ LIR-Services ★ | ★ SiteTide Web-Hosting ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★ | ★ Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@SGraf said:

@georgedatacenter said:

@SGraf said:

Would have needed a few more numbers and information to evaluate, but a challenge: very likely.

I considered reaching out as well, I mean, we specialize in that sort of thing.

But selling $20/yr 8GB RAM plans right before leaving, that’s what I consider as “too far gone”

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• good news regarding the refunds, he fully refunded me. and I used the service 2 months

• @cold said:
    good news regarding the refunds, he fully refunded me. and I used the service 2 months

Unusual move by him considering all the red flags. Good for you.
    Seems like he really was dumb, and not malicious, offering such prices.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

i got refunded in full as well.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @treesmokah said:

@cold said:
    good news regarding the refunds, he fully refunded me. and I used the service 2 months

Unusual move by him considering all the red flags. Good for you.
    Seems like he really was dumb, and not malicious, offering such prices.

unusual ? if you take someones money but can't deliver what promise is custom and usual here in Germany to give the person the money back, idk where you live.....

• @cold go on romania

• @Calin said:
    @cold go on romania

Or Italy 🤣

• @Calin said:
    @cold go on romania

i come from Romania, so NO THANKS

• @Amadex said:

@Calin said:
    @cold go on romania

Or Italy 🤣

even the respected companies do so in Italy ? or u mean our pizza boy @c1vhosting ?

• @cold said: unusual ?

It screamed "SCAM" from the beginning, that's why I consider it unusual.

• @treesmokah said:

@cold said: unusual ?

maybe not everyone is trying to make millions from the beggin, or at all, take @Cam for example or @mikho they kept low prices for years, @Cam still does it.... so its not necessary has to be a scam if the prices is lower

• I am more concerned of people not opening tickets or not visiting this lovely community. Do they also get refunds?

• @root said:
    I am more concerned of people not opening tickets or not visiting this lovely community. Do they also get refunds?

he sent a mail, I suppose to all customers

• My refund is still in pending need to wait for more 3 days!

• @cold said:

@treesmokah said:

maybe not everyone is trying to make millions from the beggin, or at all, take @Cam for example or @mikho they kept low prices for years, @Cam still does it.... so its not necessary has to be a scam if the prices is lower

I would not compare any of the before mentioned to @mikho. He sold low performance vps's (like 256MB NAT machines) for the same amount of money that some of the deadpools sell 4G/2C with dedicated ip4. There is a big difference there.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@rcy026 said:

@cold said:

@treesmokah said:

I would not compare any of the before mentioned to @mikho. He sold low performance vps's (like 256MB NAT machines) for the same amount of money that some of the deadpools sell 4G/2C with dedicated ip4. There is a big difference there.

I ran my hosting business for 7 years (closed it this year).

First as shared hosting, as an addition to @backtogeek (Ant) LES service.

With his help and permission I began offering NAT VPS.

128mb for $3/year.
    If someone is offering a dedicated Ipv4 VPS for that price (on the shelf service, not a limited special deal), they are dumb and most likely will deadpool.

256mb cost $7/year.
    Do we still have people offering that WITH a dedicated IPv4 to this day?
    Still not counting special, limited deals.

I never entered that business to make money, it was a project in the name of LES.

I might have been over-enthustiatic with it and expanded to much with to many locations? Who knows.

The trick is to find good, stable providers and pick their special offers.
    Then its time to check the numbers. Will it ever break even or maybe even make a couple of bucks?

The thing that broke me was that everything got so very expensive, and fast.
    All of a sudden, many providers wanted extra money for IPv4, increased prices due to electrical costs.

WHMCS hiked their prices, making it unbearable to have multiple customers.
    Paypal added extra fees and manipulated with the exchange rates.

With less time (I quit my day job and started my own seperate business) to attract new customers, the money in every month became less and less.

The last 6-7 months I lost ALOT of money on this, money I took out of my own pocket to find someone willing to breath new life into the project.

To sum up my rant……

It is possible to make money with low prices, but every mistake you make, may be the final straw that breaks the camels back.

If you are new and not very picky where you pay your money, its easy to deadpool within weeks, months.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg