myw is not closing doors

ChievoChievo OG
edited September 17 in General

Update:
It's not closing doors.

Myw closing doors for more details you can get info from the another forum. ( Just informing the users from LES with active services there)

I believe in the good luck. Harder than I work luckier i get.

Thanked by (2)mikewazar bikegremlin

Comments

• Copy pasting here,

I feel bad for suggesting myt to a friend 2 years ago and he bought an expensive package of €80.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @dosai said:
    Copy pasting here,

I feel bad for suggesting myt to a friend 2 years ago and he bought an expensive package of €80.

I also recommended MyW to a friend and now I regret it.

Thanked by (1)dosai
  • ReadyDedisReadyDedis Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

We can help with refugee deals if anyone is looking for one.

• Lifetime deaaaaalzzz

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • Aww, that's a shame. Hate to see it happen to a decent guy like MikePT, but life can throw curve balls at anyone in the end...

• @ReadyDedis said:
    We can help with refugee deals if anyone is looking for one.

Post deals!

• to be honest it is rather surprising that he made it this far. kudos to that?

I remember the offerings of his lifetime deals even mentioned, that he needed the money for whatever private investments.
    so it was totally clear from the beginning that it was some kind of way into a cheap loan, but in the long run would have to be backed by otherwise earned money.

would be interesting to recalculate what was earned with the one time sales vs what had to be spent over the years. could well be that this wasn't a cheap loan after all...

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

it definitely sucks to be in this situation especially those who have had it for less than 5 years.

luckily some top notch providers are bailing the services out and customers can still have some more time before the eventual closure.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Services are still up but not sure for how long so make pre-emptive backups now

• To bad... My 'lifetime' lasted 3 years. Probably could have had what I used for less, but the gamble did not pay out this time.

Time to migrate ~10GB (actual) of 300GB (max) worth of data.

@MikePT, all the best for you. I had nothing to complain about your service!

• yep, its hurts to see MikePT go. I only wish him the best and finding a job soon.

• @Falzo said:
    to be honest it is rather surprising that he made it this far. kudos to that?

I remember the offerings of his lifetime deals even mentioned, that he needed the money for whatever private investments.
    so it was totally clear from the beginning that it was some kind of way into a cheap loan, but in the long run would have to be backed by otherwise earned money.

would be interesting to recalculate what was earned with the one time sales vs what had to be spent over the years. could well be that this wasn't a cheap loan after all...

I run completely free web hosting for 4 years now. And myw run paid operation. It is completely iresponsible for him to offer lifetime plans without having a plan to exit cleanly if shit hits the fan.

Thanked by (2)treesmokah wankel
  • very sad

Thanked by (1)host_c
  • host_chost_c Hosting Provider

I am confident MIKE will post an official statement here also, most probably he has he's hands full for the moment .

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• @Falzo said:
    it was totally clear from the beginning that it was some kind of way into a cheap loan

could well be that this wasn't a cheap loan after all...

This wasn't a cheap loan.
    It's an exit scam.

Thanked by (2)KFK mijo

HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited September 16

To MyW lifetime/shared users: Dragon Web Host is offering £1/year shared hosting refugee offer. Even if its just a temporary measure before you find another solution.

5 GB NVMe Space
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited SQL Databases
    Caching with LSCache
    JetBackup Backup Manager
    PHP Selector - PHP 8, 7, 5.6
    Host up to 1 Website
    LiteSpeed Webserver
    Softaculous Auto Installer
    DirectAdmin Control Panel
    Available in UK and Europe
    https://clients.dragonwebhost.com/order/config/index/web-hosting/?group_id=2&pricing_id=8

Use code MYW to make it £1/year. You will be asked/expected to show an invoice as proof of your previous deal. If you do not provide this, your price will revert to normal.

If you have more than one domain, I will increase your limit.

If you have a domain with MyW, transfer it immediately. If you would like to transfer it to Dragon Web Host, check our last thread for discount pricing.

Thanked by (2)huntercop armandorg

MichaelCee
    Enter the Dragon

• edited September 16

@dosai said:

&

@root said:

I also recommended MyW to a friend and now I regret it.

I don't have friends and I feel better now!

• edited September 16

So €9 for 5 years, not that bad.

I knew his business model but It's okay, worth the money.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • We knew this would end like this.

Who's next? You @visualwebtechno ?

Thanked by (1)webcraft

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• @Dazzle said:
    We knew this would end like this.

Who's next?

Who else is selling lifetime plans?

Hint:

300 outbound per hour

Thanked by (2)webcraft mijo

HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

• @yoursunny said:

Hint:

300 outbound per hour

Haha, already stopped using them.

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• Mike seemed like a nice guy. I should have been more concerned when I saw his last name was Madoff.

CloudBlast?

• That's mXR0ut3

Thanked by (2)Dazzle imok
  • @yoursunny said:

@Falzo said:
    it was totally clear from the beginning that it was some kind of way into a cheap loan

could well be that this wasn't a cheap loan after all...

This wasn't a cheap loan.
    It's an exit scam.

Yah, I don't think he got money out of it. He used it so subsidise setting op regular servers. But the fact that he kept coming back with the liftimes made clear there was no business model.

Still, I think Mike's good people. But everyone knew lifetime was for just a few years. Some people got 5 years out of it for 10 Euros. Pretty good value.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Wolveix
  • edited September 16

What did people expect from "lifetime" hosting? As If the scam wasn't obvious enough.
    A month without other income source was enough to sink the ship, its not how a healthy business operates.

Ponzi scheme of hosting. Can't feel bad for anyone who lost money on this.
    To top it all off, this shady operation was run by a staff member of OGF.

Thanked by (2)Dazzle mijo
  • @treesmokah said:
    What did people expect from "lifetime" hosting? As If the scam wasn't obvious enough.

Why is this a scam in your opinion? AFAIK their ToS limited lifetime to the one of the legal entity and that's exactly what's happening now.

• edited September 16

@webcraft said: Why is this a scam in your opinion?

They need more customers, or rather, investors to continue operating and pay for bills caused by previous customers. No clear business model, just shitting whatever and seeing if it sticks.

Thanked by (1)mijo
  • c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

This is not good news, however for those affected by the shutdown please contact us, we will offer you reasonable deals or agreements to keep your resources. We will soon launch new Cloud instance servers to provide better load management.

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram