Transactional Mailing Services

What are some of the reasonably priced or free for limited use options that you guys know of?
With more providers going IPv6 only or blocking port 25 by default, need something reliable and cost-effective to send out alerts / notifications.

Comments

• I use Amazon SES and Sengrid with no issues.

Thanked by (1)K4Y5
  • It seems scaleway offers transactional email with a free tier of 300 per month.
    You may check out here.

Thanked by (3)tmntwitw K4Y5 Falzo

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• If SMTP ports are blocked and I can't use MXroute at all, Mailgun API is my option. There is the Flex plan where you have to add a credit card to your account. You can send 1000 emails for free and it will cost you $1 for the 1001th one.

• I use Brevo. You can send 300 emails per day for free. I had trouble setting up both SES and Sendgrid, but Brevo has been quite good for me.
    https://www.brevo.com/pricing/

• You can still use port 465 right?

Thanked by (1)K4Y5
  • Been using Amazon SES for two years, I only got billed twice and it's just a penny.

Thanked by (3)K4Y5 nick_ Falzo
  • K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited October 6

@nick_ said:
    If SMTP ports are blocked and I can't use MXroute at all, Mailgun API is my option. There is the Flex plan where you have to add a credit card to your account. You can send 1000 emails for free and it will cost you $1 for the 1001th one.

Seems it's no longer offered. Just logged in and checked my old 'free' account for a PAYG upgrade option. Its not there.

@Fritz said:
    You can still use port 465 right?

Standard mail ports block by network firewall.
    Currently looking at Postal as a self hosted alternative to mailgun etc on a dedi that I have a bunch of spare IPs on.
    Also, gonna look at Plunk which is a wrapper around SES with some extras.

• edited October 6

I also got a chance to try MailChannels from their previous Special offer from MailChannels for existing MailBaby customers promo on OGF . But I'm getting too many false positives even though it's just verification emails

• @jcolideles said:
    I also got a chance to try MailChannels from their previous Special offer from MailChannels for existing MailBaby customers promo on OGF . But I'm getting too many false positives even though it's just verification emails

I had one for a few years from @gleert back when I managed a few cPanel / DA servers. Worked fine for as long as I had it, then cancelled when I no longer had much use for it. Will perhaps pick up a deal this BF if he does a quarterly instead of annual this time around :lol:

• It is not possible to apply for SES if you are small time sender. The best bet here is postmark, mailgun.

• @legendary said:
    It is not possible to apply for SES if you are small time sender. The best bet here is postmark, mailgun.

What makes you think so? Using it for years on a rather small scale. Getting out of the sandbox for being able to send to anyone from your owned sender domain is only a matter of answering a few questions properly.

• edited October 6

Talking about Mailgun, still using one of their 10000 free emails promo and have no complaints.

• @legendary said: It is not possible to apply for SES if you are small time sender

I'm sending like 10~20/mo no issue.

Anyways,
    for the best deliverability: postmark (they also seem to have somewhat a free tier?)
    for the best bang for the buck: SES

• I've been using Brevo for awhile now (formally known as SendInBlue) and they've been solid.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Falzo said:

@legendary said:
    It is not possible to apply for SES if you are small time sender. The best bet here is postmark, mailgun.

What makes you think so? Using it for years on a rather small scale. Getting out of the sandbox for being able to send to anyone from your owned sender domain is only a matter of answering a few questions properly.

Same here -- we use SES for LES emails. Very small scale. Bill is < $1 every month.

Thanked by (1)Falzo

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Moderator

@Mason said:

@Falzo said:

@legendary said:

Same here -- we use SES for LES emails. Very small scale. Bill is < $1 every month.

I have been using Brevo for amonth or so and it works for yetiNode business anyways. Advantages of SES?

Free Hosting at YetiNode | Cryptid Security | URL Shortener | LaunchVPS | ExtraVM | Host-C | In the Node, or Out of the Loop?

• I’am saying that they do not accept new account so easily. I to have few years old account and doing fine. Tried to setup few acc for customers - failed miserable as sending volumes was to low for them.

• @legendary said:

I did exactly that for a customer only a few weeks ago. As said before all you have to do is answer a few questions to get out of the sandbox. Not really an issue... maybe don't downplay too much for no reason 😉

• @Falzo said: I did exactly that for a customer only a few weeks ago.

Location seems to play a part. Its pretty much impossible to create an AWS account from here. AWS shut down my account in like five minutes. Didn't get it back.

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

Mailgun is absolute ass.

Francisco

• K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited October 7

Signed up for brevo, but it looked more like a marketing email provider than transactional. So, I kind of just ran.

Logged back in to Mailgun after years. Couldn't add my custom domain, even though it showed that I had a limit of 1 custom sending domain in my 'Free / Flex' Plan. Opened a ticket yesterday which has remained unanswered. So, fuck that.

Ended up with SES on my personal account. Pretty straight forward. Got my domain verified and had it moved from sandbox to production in under 30 min with 'limits' removed only because I could - Not that I would ever exceed 200/day :lol:

Thanked by (1)Falzo