I'm looking for a cheap and reliable VPS located in the EU

1 core
512 MB RAM
1 IPv4
KVM
Аnnual budget is $12

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Your budget is to low sorry, you might get something at that price with those specs on Black Friday, only about 8 months to wait :) :+1:

You might find something but if you do frankly I would not expect to get a full year out of them if they are charging less than cost.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @Anon said:
    Good day
    I'm looking for a cheap and reliable VPS located in the EU

1 core
    512 MB RAM
    1 IPv4
    KVM
    Аnnual budget is $12

Not saying it is impossible, but it will be hard to find something that cheap with a static IP.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

Edit:

As @angstrom would say
    Congratulations on your first post.
    Other than special deals,
    There was one provider whose pricing could have been in line with your expectations. But look up the search function to Find out how their business turned out.

You might want to bump Up your budget by atleast 50 percent.

As an end user I do not like paying higher prices myself, but I would rather face the situation,
    “shit, I am paying xxx amount”

Than

“Shit my provider went belly up. Need to find a replacement urgently “

A dollar saved in the latter situation ends up costing several times more.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Blackfriday is coming soon, wait for some blackfriday deals if not urgent.

Action and Reaction in history

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

@elliotc said:
    Blackfriday is coming soon, wait for some blackfriday deals if not urgent.

Over at the stock market and economy in general it was Red Friday .today.

• WSSWSS OGRetired

@vyas said:

@elliotc said:
    Blackfriday is coming soon, wait for some blackfriday deals if not urgent.

Over at the stock market and economy in general it was Red Friday .today.

It has been for several months and will continue to be so for a loooong fucking time.

My pronouns are like/subscribe.

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Cheap and reliable do not come together given your definition of cheap.

Reliable: Check out @seriesn. Annual would be $24 for the specs you want. https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-vps-hosting.html

Cheap: @cociu has an NVME line that does $15 euros yearly, but they had a promotion (not sure if they are running it anymore) that multiplied uploaded credit money by 1.5, meaning that it would be 10 euros yearly. Do note that disk speeds can be terrible even though they say "NVME" (like 100mb/s from a review on LES), and the network can be garbage. Only choose this if you do not care about downtime. For anything production fork a bit more money (Like only $1/mo!), and you can get a much more reliable VPS.

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @lentro said:
    Cheap and reliable do not come together given your definition of cheap.

Now I have a VPS which costs $9 per year. 1 core, 128 mb ram, 5 gb ssd, 1 ipv4, 6 ipv6, kvm, 1 gbit/s, 2 tb of bandwidth.
    The newtwork is fast my man. Why I want to jump off? Because I want the VPS I can install Ubuntu 20.04 on.
    Some people said me that I can easily find what I look for just 12-15 bucks and gave me this site, that's why I'm here :)
    Yeah I heard about HostSolutions, but seems like you're right, a lot of compaining about stability. I use my VPS only for VPN/socks things, so I need something stable.

@AnthonySmith said: Your budget is to low sorry, you might get something at that price with those specs on Black Friday, only about 8 months to wait

Okay then... btw I recognized your site. A year ago you had nice plans but they were often out of stock :/

Anyway thank you guys!

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting
  • @Anon said:
    Some people said me that I can easily find what I look for just 12-15 bucks and gave me this site, that's why I'm here :)

You’d think that some people would have know about some providers, but okay.

• edited April 2020

I would say up your budget & choose either BuyVM or InceptionHosting. That would make a great decision which you won't be regretting later!

Thanked by (1)Anon

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• edited April 2020

@vpsgeek3333 said:
    I would say up your budget & choose either BuyVM or InceptionHosting. That would make a great decision which you won't be regretting later!

Found this
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
    Very strange that Anthony didn't mention this plan, it's only $2 over my budget!

UK STORAGE KVM 512MB
    1 CPU Core (fair share none dedicated)
    512 MB Ram
    100 GB Disk space
    500 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared - unmetered inbound)
    1 IPv4 address
    /64 IPv6 block

Is it reliable? Any LG?

• iandkiandk Hosting ProviderOG

It's only meant for storage purposes

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek3333

AMD EPYC / NVMe / 10GBPs KVM in Frankfurt - https://v6node.com
    Looking for an unbeatable AMD EPYC Baremetal Server in Frankfurt? Drop me a PM

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

@Anon said:

@vpsgeek3333 said:

Found this
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
    Very strange that Anthony didn't mention this plan, it's only $2 over my budget!

UK STORAGE KVM 512MB
    1 CPU Core (fair share none dedicated)
    512 MB Ram
    100 GB Disk space
    500 GB Bandwidth @ 1 gbit (shared - unmetered inbound)
    1 IPv4 address
    /64 IPv6 block

Is it reliable? Any LG?

Are you sure that is the right link? The 512 MB RAM option is 6 euros a quarter, in which currency does that work out to $14 per year? (since your original budget was $12)

• edited April 2020

@vyas said:
    Are you sure that is the right link? The 512 MB RAM option is 6 euros a quarter, in which currency does that work out to $14 per year? (since your original budget was $12)

I was wrong, sorry. This link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=31

@iandk said:
    It's only meant for storage purposes

Why can't I use storage VPS for VPN/socks? Not stable? I'm just currious...

• @Anon if i remember correctly the storage boxes use an old Xeon CPU and they are Raid-5.
    Check with @AnthonySmith if your use case is fine, but remember this is a SLOW VPS by todays standars.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

@Anon

Yes the 13 euro offer for storage was a good one. I think last month there was a 25 percent add on bonus as well..

@vyas said:
    @Anon

Yes the 13 euro offer for storage was a good one. I think last month there was a 25 percent add on bonus as well..

Ah ok yes, but that is more like $16 and it’s a storage VPS it really is made for storage it will run like crap for anything else.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2020

@AnthonySmith said:

@vyas said:
    @Anon

Ah ok yes, but that is more like $16 and it’s a storage VPS it really is made for storage it will run like crap for anything else.

Of course but then OP is the one looking. So their call

On one point though I am amazed: the fall in the eur:usd exchange rates
    (Xe.com)

• The 512MB storage box is absolutely good value (even at regular price), when you treat it as a private VPN endpoint in premium Clouvider network.

Storage KVMs in diverse good DCs are my new value focus.

• What os and version are the storage VPS's?
    I cant find any mention of it on the website.

edited April 2020

@rcy026 said:
    What os and version are the storage VPS's?

Pretty much any Linux distro's, windows ISO's are available but really not suited for slow storage arrays.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@rcy026 said:

Pretty much any Linux distro's, windows ISO's are available but really not suited for slow storage arrays.

OK, sounds good.
    I was never given a choice of os when ordering the server, so I never finished the order. I'll try it again.

@rcy026 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@rcy026 said:

OK, sounds good.
    I was never given a choice of os when ordering the server, so I never finished the order. I'll try it again.

I dont have auto OS installs when avoidable as part of the order process as SO MANY people sign up with password 'changeme' or 'abc123' then complain at me 48 hours later saying their bandwidth have been all used to 100% and they never even logged in.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

• @AnthonySmith said:

@rcy026 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@rcy026 said:

OK, sounds good.

I dont have auto OS installs when avoidable as part of the order process as SO MANY people sign up with password 'changeme' or 'abc123' then complain at me 48 hours later saying their bandwidth have been all used to 100% and they never even logged in.

Understandable.
    So whats the procedure, I just order a server and then open a ticket for os-reinstall?

@rcy026 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@rcy026 said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@rcy026 said:

OK, sounds good.

Understandable.
    So whats the procedure, I just order a server and then open a ticket for os-reinstall?

Nope, it is fully automated, you can select your own OS when you are ready via solusvm, full instructions in an email marked 'READ IN FULL' will follow after order anyway.