Which ns should I setup during natvps registration?

I don't understand. On other hosting i have nat4 vps and didn't setup any ns servers.

On mrvm it asks me for domain and ns as mandatory. I setup my own domain and tried to set ns.afraid.org (i use them for my domain) and got error. I tried to set ns.mydomain and got error.

I sent a ticket to mrvm support and asked "which ns should I setup and where can i read about them, maybe you have a FAQ" and they answered "just setup ns servers". Great! Autistic cup is yours.

Comments

• Just put "ns1" and "ns2"

• As @angstrom would say, congratulations on your first post.

Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

When you don't know what you don't know but buy a service that requires you to know what we know but you don't know what we know, you know?

tl;dr
    use: ns1 and ns2

Thanked by (1)mikho

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• jvnadrjvnadr OG
    edited May 2020

@ArtemLoik said: I sent a ticket to mrvm support and asked "which ns should I setup and where can i read about them, maybe you have a FAQ" and they answered "just setup ns servers". Great! Autistic cup is yours.

Nice beginning with a provider, calling him as autistic. Insulting (?) both MrVM and autistic persons (I guess, you don't have a clue what means to be, or, have in your family an autistic person - it is not an insult but a condition). Only a moron could use that kind of "insult" to attack a provider.

Now, if you do not know how to setup or use some public ns servers when registering a web service, then, you should not buy this dirty cheap service that is requiring more knowledge on how to setup, use and maintain it... It is common, when you do not want to use in registration or do not have specific name servers, to use ns1 and ns2. It is also common to use public ns servers like those from cloudflare.
    Afraid ns service is more complicated and needs some knowledge some times to be used in hosting environment. FUrthermore, there is no any "ns.afraid.org" but four name servers from afraid (ns1.afraid.org etc.).

After all, you do not need any name server in the vps provider area. You don't need it at all if you use external DNS services like afraid.org, you need it when you setup a control panel like CPanel, but this is a whole other story than your case.

P.S. firts post as new member... Why am I sure that it probably will be your last post here, as a hit-n-run "member"?

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
    • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• This input box is useless, just input "ns1" and "ns2"

Thanked by (1)mikho

Action and Reaction in history

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@ArtemLoik said: I sent a ticket to mrvm support and asked "which ns should I setup and where can i read about them, maybe you have a FAQ" and they answered "just setup ns servers". Great! Autistic cup is yours.

Not really, I answered that you should enter ns1 and ns2.

Good thing that you posted the same question here, as you won't be able to read the ticket anymore.
    Bye!

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• Since we are on the topic, can someone explain the purpose of the "nameservers" boxes?
    I see them almost every time I sign up for a vps, but I have never been able to figure out what they do. It doesn't seem to matter what you put there, the vps will be configured with whatever nameservers the provider see fit anyway. And why would I want to provide a certain nameserver ahead of provisioning anyway?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @rcy026 said:
    Since we are on the topic, can someone explain the purpose of the "nameservers" boxes?
    I see them almost every time I sign up for a vps, but I have never been able to figure out what they do. It doesn't seem to matter what you put there, the vps will be configured with whatever nameservers the provider see fit anyway. And why would I want to provide a certain nameserver ahead of provisioning anyway?

Maybe if you bought domain + vps, then you can point the domain nameserver.

i dunno, i just make things up

• @rcy026 said:
    Since we are on the topic, can someone explain the purpose of the "nameservers" boxes?

It’s just a WHMCS standard inclusion on VPS/server cart types that most don’t bother/want to modify and disable.

Thanked by (1)vimalware

Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Hosting
    Performance & AMD EPYC Cloud | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups