What TV series are you currently watching?

The intention of this thread is to share TV series that are worth watching. Basic requests like "can you recommend me a series? I liked Game of Thrones a lot" are allowed, but please don't derail from the subject of TV series.

To start off with:

The girlfriend and myself are currently watching War of the Worlds and have both Chernobyl and Black Summer in the backlog. Recently we have enjoyed watching Stranger Things together. She's watching Supernatural and I'm trying to keep up with Rick and Morty :)

Thanked by (2)Ympker WebHostingDomain

Comments

• I've recently finished BoJack Horseman's first five and a half seasons, been waiting for the second half of the 6th. Other than this, my daily drivers (e.g. things I watch while I eat or just in short breaks) are HIMYM, The IT Crowd and Toast of London (Matt Berry is awesome).

Thanked by (2)Solaire MichaelCee
  • Just binge watched The Man in the High Castle. I wonder why good TV shows often ended poorly.

Thanked by (1)vyas

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2019

Has anyone watched mr. robot? Wonder if it's nice

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

Yeah I have - but only for the first season. It is rated very high so it's probably just me but I found too many flaws in the story that didn't make it worthwhile to watch. YMMV though, I do understand why people love the series so I'd suggest you give it a shot.

I can also recommend Person of Interest, I enjoyed almost every episode of that series.

Thanked by (2)cybertech vyas
  • BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

Silicon Valley

Thanked by (3)vyas Wolveix iaecm

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

@Solaire said:

@cybertech said:

Yeah I have - but only for the first season. It is rated very high so it's probably just me but I found too many flaws in the story that didn't make it worthwhile to watch. YMMV though, I do understand why people love the series so I'd suggest you give it a shot.

I can also recommend Person of Interest, I enjoyed almost every episode of that series.

Gonna get both!

Thanked by (1)Solaire

• All good reccos. My personal fav is Person of Interest. It really grows as a show season 3 onwards.
    Would also recommend
    Nikita, Fringe, Suits, Castle, Elementary. Used to have a list of shows I had/have binge watched with my yay or nay comments.

Will look for it.

And yes, Boston Legal and Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister. The latter is from mid 1980s holds special significance considering brexit drama.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

I was recently sick and binge watched Unbelievable on Netflix. I'd definitely recommend it. So far this year, that has been the show that I would think about most when I was not watching TV, just going about my day. --Katie

Thanked by (4)Solaire Phill pike havoc

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• OttoMOttoM OG
    edited November 2019

My all time favorite TV series is Chuck.
    It's a wonderful mix of drama, comedy, spy action & romantic movie, with a shade of science fiction. =)
    To some people, the first season might feel a bit childish, but the 2nd & 3rd seasons are 100% perfect chef d'oeuvres. In the 4th season the balance of light mood and drama shifted a bit towards drama, and the last (5th) season was relatively less sensible. Still, Chuck is my brightest experience of TV series.

Counterpart is impressive, though a bit dark-ish. A lot of cruelty and homosexualism, still, a great story with a blood chilling finale.

Mentalist IMO is better than Castle (a guy helping to solve crimes), because every episode of Mentalist had something fresh & interesting. There is a good balance of procedural mystery and serial human life development.
    Some people say that finally the chase for the antagonist ended too quickly, but I disagree. Actually I felt his story might end sooner, and the last 2 seasons were quite enjoyable.

Perception is another very good show of the same topic: a psychologist helping FBI.

Currently I'm planning to watch the new Blacklist season, probably still good.

+1 to Person of Interest, really very good & enjoyable one.

Mr Robot was good during the 1st season (especially if you are a rebellious type). In the 2nd it feels it somehow lost its direction and momentum. So I still haven't found time to watch the 3rd season.

Breaking Bad is psychologically very precise and deep. Even "bad" people there seem, first of all, real, live people, and you look at them with sympathy.
    A classical show, great in its way, too bad it gets slow & repeating in 3-4 seasons.

Veronica Mars was oldie but mostly goodie.

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • OttoMOttoM OG
    edited November 2019

P.S. About movies' sequels,

Minority Report — a pretty good one. Not super-great, but good.

Limitless — of course not as dramatic & strong as the original movie, but quite enjoyable.
    I wish they made a couple more seasons.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2019

@OttoM I totally forgot about The Mentalist and Chuck
    And similar genre but more lighthearted would be Psyched.
    McMafia is awesome. Waiting for season II

Don’t want to sound like a snob but never thought TV series in India could be good*. Inside Edge changed my views on that. Emmy nomination justifies the quality of the show.
    Kind of OT, but
    Though the skeptic in me feels it is more of a market making- marketing gimmick. Like the beauty products companies did with Ms India/ Ms World competitions in mid-1990s. Their M.O:
    a. Create a hype in a market
    b. announce a winner or two from the local market
    c. get them to endorse beauty products, open stores/ outlets.
    d. profit!!

*I grew up watching tacky 1990s classics on Indian TV like Space City Zigma - Strek Clone and Shaktimaan - (Even worse) Superman remake. Then came the melodramatic family soap operas- the laptop washing types that someone had posted I think a couple of days ago. So bitter aftertaste lingers. Or maybe the damage was permanent.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• An interesting show that I started this season is "See". It has Jason Momoa in it. Far in a dystopian future, the human race has lost the sense of sight, and society has had to find new ways to interact, build, hunt—and survive. All of that is challenged when a set of twins is born with sight.

Thanked by (1)tgl
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Solaire said:
    The intention of this thread is to share TV series that are worth watching. Basic requests like "can you recommend me a series? I liked Game of Thrones a lot" are allowed, but please don't derail from the subject of TV series.

To start off with:

The girlfriend and myself are currently watching War of the Worlds and have both Chernobyl and Black Summer in the backlog. Recently we have enjoyed watching Stranger Things together. She's watching Supernatural and I'm trying to keep up with Rick and Morty :)

Damn..I need to give R&M a try already..

Currently watching Modern Family and Suits. Also Avatar, master of the elements.

Thanked by (1)Solaire
  • cybertech said: Has anyone watched mr. robot?
    Solaire said: Yeah I have - but only for the first season.

I've been watching it as it airs. I've loved every season personally :tongue:

• Hey @Wolveix! Feel hugged and welcomed! <3

Thanked by (2)Ympker Wolveix

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• Just started with Treadstone. Anyone watching too?

• Legion

• @terrorgen said:
    Just binge watched The Man in the High Castle. I wonder why good TV shows often ended poorly.

there could be plans for the 5th series I have no idea, but the end was balanced, leaving the watcher to decide what will happen next, and not trying to create a conflict between the Smith/Julia supporters

@Wolveix said:

cybertech said: Has anyone watched mr. robot?
    Solaire said: Yeah I have - but only for the first season.

I've been watching it as it airs. I've loved every season personally :tongue:

Gonna get started on S01 as soon as SSHFS works in 3,2....

Thanked by (1)Wolveix

• Watching Mr. Robot as it airs since the third season, still love it though the second season did drag a bit. Wish Limitless got renewed, I quite enjoyed the movie and show. Liked Stranger Things S3, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first two seasons for me. Waiting eagerly for the first part of Lucifer S5, which should release in Q2 2020.

Thanked by (2)Solaire cybertech

@AC_Fan said:
    Watching Mr. Robot as it airs since the third season, still love it though the second season did drag a bit. Wish Limitless got renewed, I quite enjoyed the movie and show. Liked Stranger Things S3, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first two seasons for me. Waiting eagerly for the first part of Lucifer S5, which should release in Q2 2020.

Really liked limitless but guess the response was limited

Thanked by (1)Wolveix

• Star Fleet/X-Bomber.

• debaserdebaser OG
    edited November 2019

I've been thinking about this since I saw this new topic. I may be getting old or I'm more conservative than I though but I sometimes think it's funny that younger colleagues tell me 'watching series' is one of their hobbies. Is this a worldwide trend or just in The Netherlands and Flanders?

I don't really watch a lot of tv and I usually don't have the time to (binge) watch new series. Three or four days a week I combine my day job with volunteering and I'm usually not home before 22.00. So it's usually just short series.

Since the soft-launch on Disney Plus in The Netherlands I watched The Muppets (The Office spoof). Since the full launch of Disney Plus I'm re-watching The Simpsons.

Over the last months I primarily watched documentaries and series on Dutch and Belgian tv. Some of which are internationally syndicated on Netflix, like Undercover (very recommended) and Bevergem.

Tommorow I'm going to start with The Mandalorian. Very curious if it lives up to its expectations.

Edit: very sorry for the wall of text :#

Thanked by (1)Amitz

@AC_Fan said:
    Watching Mr. Robot as it airs since the third season, still love it though the second season did drag a bit. Wish Limitless got renewed, I quite enjoyed the movie and show. Liked Stranger Things S3, but it definitely wasn't as good as the first two seasons for me. Waiting eagerly for the first part of Lucifer S5, which should release in Q2 2020.

Just started with Plato boys!

• @terrorgen said:
    Just binge watched The Man in the High Castle. I wonder why good TV shows often ended poorly.

I'm only 5 episodes into the final season, are you telling me I should prepare to be disappointed? The book is up next to see how the two contrast.

Thanked by (1)kkrajk
  • WolveixWolveix OG
    edited November 2019

Amitz said: Hey @Wolveix! Feel hugged and welcomed!
    Ympker said: Welcome @Wolveix

Thanks guys :) I doubt I'll be too active here, ball pits keep me pretty busy. But I'll pop my head in whenever I've got a minute.

AC_Fan said: Watching Mr. Robot as it airs since the third season, still love it though the second season did drag a bit. Wish Limitless got renewe

I don't think it necessarily dragged, it just becomes a bit hard to keep track of everything that's happening. I wish Limitless was renewed too! Loved the film, loved the series.

• @Delong said:

@terrorgen said:

I'm only 5 episodes into the final season, are you telling me I should prepare to be disappointed? The book is up next to see how the two contrast.

Without spoiling anything, I think the ending scene is quite abrupt. Everything is good until the very end.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:

@Delong said:

@terrorgen said:

Without spoiling anything, I think the ending scene is quite abrupt. Everything is good until the very end.

Disappointing. Sound's like at the last minute Amazon decided to just say screw it and cancel it if it's rushed like that.

• Anyone watched Manifest? 2 episodes in and seems pretty good.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7914554/