Looking for a good webhosting with antiddos

edited August 2020 in Requests

Hi guys, how are you?
This ain't support topic :p

Im looking for a fine webhosting with AntiDDoS built in. Im currently hosted on NoFrills, but... seems like they might have lie about their Anti DDoS, since the first attack I recived they lock me out.
Im currently hosting 4 sites +/-, they don't use much resource's, but, one of them is likely to get attacked.
I already have CloudFlare but didn't help that much with the attack. Im currently paying 10usd/m, would like to keep it there.

Request Received Today

Resource Usage Last Week

Any suggestions?
Resources: At least 5 multi domains, with multi php selector and pdo dblib enabled.
Budget: 10usd/m max.

Thanks.

Comments

• Location? What resources you need? Budget?

Dentistry is my passion

• edited August 2020

@Chievo said:
    Location? What resources you need? Budget?

Resources: not much, the resources rise up under attack, in normal mode my sites dont use almost nothing.
    Budget: 10usd/m

• hostworldhostworld Hosting Provider

@kind said:
    Hi guys, how are you?
    This ain't support topic :p

Im looking for a fine webhosting with AntiDDoS built in. Im currently hosted on NoFrills, but... seems like they might have lie about their Anti DDoS, since the first attack I recived they lock me out.
    Im currently hosting 4 sites +/-, they don't use much resource's, but, one of them is likely to get attacked.
    I already have CloudFlare but didn't help that much with the attack. Im currently paying 10usd/m, would like to keep it there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Our Shared (UK) web hosting is DDoS protected as standard - read more here: https://hostworld.uk/web-hosting
    If it's a VPS you need, then purchase a UK based VPS from us and it will also be DDoS protected as standard: https://hostworld.uk/ssd-vps

If you have any queries come on live chat or ask us here :)

hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

• ChievoChievo OG
    edited August 2020

@kind said:

@Chievo said:
    Location? What resources you need? Budget?

Resources: not much, the resources rise up under attack, in normal mode my sites dont use almost nothing.
    Budget: 10usd/m

Inceptionhosting
    Myw.pt @MikePT
    are someone who are offering DDOS protection in their webhosting plans( among others). You could look into the provider list and check which providers are providing it prices location etc

Dentistry is my passion

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Can you give any more info on the attack type?

DDOS protection is generally there not for individual customers but to keep services online generally when 1 customer gets attacked.

There is not a host in the world that will talk a 3gbit l7 attack for 5 days straight for $2 /month :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Hi @hostworld thanks for reply.
    I think my sites don't need a VPS, since they don't use resources in normal scenarios, only when they are attack is that they rise up the resource usage, thats why I need a webhosting with a proper ddos protection.
    This is a capture of the resources in normal usage, except today that I received the attack:

If you can handle it, i'll move right away.

• @AnthonySmith said: DDOS protection is generally there not for individual customers but to keep services online generally when 1 customer gets attacked.

There is not a host in the world that will talk a 3gbit l7 attack for 5 days straight for $2 /month

Hi Anthony, thanks for replying, I don't have much knowledge about the attack, but, im asumming its a layer 7 with one of that stressers that has cloudflare bypass and keep eating all the resources, I put 2 pictures in the main topic, if you need any more info let me know how to get the info and i'll share it here. Thanks

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

I thought maybe your host could tell you?

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

May I know what is the usage type, is it wordpress/something similar?
    what I can see is the CPU limits are reached. So your site does not load. But ur host can tell you better.

I am planning a new location in Germany, it has DDos protection included,
    If you agree I can create a trial account for you! :)
    I'm sure it will work, ping me if okay!

• @Abdullah said:
    what I can see is the CPU limits are reached. So your site does not load. But ur host can tell you better.

I have 3 webs currently running in that host. 2 are php hand written SQLServer CMS. The other, wich is the one attacked, its a MyBB forum.
    I'm trying to build a development community on a specific game, but there are other communities that don't want this to happen, so they attack, so until they see that it won't crash, unfortunately they will continue to attack at least 1 time a day.

• We can handle ddos without issue, but we won’t be able to hit your budget (slightly above). We can do it for around $15/month USD for hosting plus access to our mitigation network (layer 3/4/7).

We’re happy to offer a 48 hour free trial if that’s of interest, just shoot me a DM for a code to get the trial.

@kind said:

@Abdullah said:

I have 3 webs currently running in that host. 2 are php hand written SQLServer CMS. The other, wich is the one attacked, its a MyBB forum.
    I'm trying to build a development community on a specific game, but there are other communities that don't want this to happen, so they attack, so until they see that it won't crash, unfortunately they will continue to attack at least 1 time a day.

Okay, so that is the case!
    wdmg's offer is good if you can increase your budget.
    I can make u a trial account too, PM if u decide for it.

Regards.

• So, indeed I was facing a DDoS attack wich was bypassing CF.
    This are the connections under attack: 61.954 active user(s) in the last 24 hours.
    I was able to stop the attack with cloudflare worker and htaccess, but, its a matter of time before they figured out and do the bypass again. Any tip over that?

PM'ed this to u already, maybe it can help someone else too so posting here

If you are sure it is about the ppl bypassing cloudflare, then you may
    configure htaccess to allow access only from cloudflare IP's
    Their IP's can be found here https://www.cloudflare.com/ips/
    This way even if they bypass cloudflare, they won't be able to access your site.

Anyone has tried this before, ?

• I recommend getting a slice from BuyVM + DDoS protected IP
    If you want shared/reseller hosting then I believe @SmallWeb also offer DDoS protected IPs (for additional charges) on BuyVM's infrastructure.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

Recommend: MyRoot.PW|BuyVM|Inception Hosting|Prometeus

• @kind said:
    So, indeed I was facing a DDoS attack wich was bypassing CF.
    This are the connections under attack: 61.954 active user(s) in the last 24 hours.
    I was able to stop the attack with cloudflare worker and htaccess, but, its a matter of time before they figured out and do the bypass again. Any tip over that?

As I said previously, if you want to try a non-CF solution we can help you out and offered a free trial.

Cloudflare can be relatively easily bypassed and they don’t care too much about it unless you’re spending big $$$$ with them monthly.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@kind Hi! This isn't on your SoYouStart server? What is happening with your SoYouStart server? Thanks!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:
    @kind Hi! This isn't on your SoYouStart server? What is happening with your SoYouStart server? Thanks!

I think he is using shared or reseller hosting

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

• edited August 2020

@Not_Oles said:

Im hosting gameserver over there, and honestly I don't feel ready to deploy a webserver, it took me about 3 weeks to setup the firewall the way I want.
    But yes, probable in the near future I would do the setup in there to avoid future problems.
    Im trying @Abdullah service's, and also have a workaround to CF with htaccess and workers, its working for now, lets see if can take the next DDoS ^^

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles vpsgeek3333
  • @kind said:

@Not_Oles said:

Im hosting gameserver over there, and honestly I don't feel ready to deploy a webserver, it took me about 3 weeks to setup the firewall the way I want.
    But yes, probable in the near future I would do the setup in there to avoid future problems.
    Im trying @Abdullah service's, and also have a workaround to CF with htaccess and workers, its working for now, lets see if can take the next DDoS ^^

@Abdullah is a nice guy. Wish you best of luck with it

Thanked by (2)Abdullah kind