Netcup's Black Friday 2020 Time Table

2»

Comments

• Does Netcup remove VAT?

• @saibal said:
    Does Netcup remove VAT?

If you are a business, not an individual from abroad.

Thanked by (2)saibal vimalware
  • This is ludicrous, it's near impossible to grab any deal, most of the orders must be from bots or in bulk, before it was announced on their official Telegram / announcements site the VPS 500 G8 was gone :#

• what is the link for their offers?

• @maqbeq said:
    This is ludicrous, it's near impossible to grab any deal, most of the orders must be from bots or in bulk, before it was announced on their official Telegram / announcements site the VPS 500 G8 was gone :#

You can grab it, just need to be quick. Make sure you are on https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/ before the hour and refresh exactly on the hour. They are never late with timings, German efficiency for you.

• @LeonDynamic said:

@maqbeq said:
    This is ludicrous, it's near impossible to grab any deal, most of the orders must be from bots or in bulk, before it was announced on their official Telegram / announcements site the VPS 500 G8 was gone :#

You can grab it, just need to be quick. Make sure you are on https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/ before the hour and refresh exactly on the hour. They are never late with timings, German efficiency for you.

Thanks,they dont have english page?

• @SuriCloud said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@maqbeq said:

For the offers no, but you can translate from google chrome

• @SuriCloud said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@maqbeq said:

They do... sort of. You can change the domain to .eu after you've selected a product, which will partially translate the page. For a full translation you are better off using something like google translate.

• @SuriCloud said:

Nope not for these but as @maqbeq said use Google Chrome to translate. Maybe sign up for an account before as well so you don't have to enter all personal information. If it is your first server with them they will contact you via phone to verify your details.

• @gks said: Cancel 30 days early

I think that it is 31 days. Best to double-check to be certain :)

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• @maqbeq said:

Yeah, that one went quickly, but there were only 50 units available. In addition, everyone's awake now =)

I'm surprised that the VPS Black Surprise went so quickly because there were 777 units of those available.

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• edited November 2020

Wow that RS Black Special 1 went quick. Website crashed for me.

EDIT: Its live now - https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2683

• @LeonDynamic said:
    Wow that RS Black Special 1 went quick. Website crashed for me.

Same :(

• Anyone grab the RS Black Special 1? The RS Black Special 2 starts in 50 minutes.

• I'm not yet very excited about the Netcup offers so far. Somehow the price-resource ratio is a bit warped (IMHO) and every VPS offer so far is a yearly lock in. I think previously there were offers with more cores (though older generation), more disk space on either monthly or quarterly terms. I'm following their posts just to see what's on offer. I'm still iffy on the evening VPS 200 G8 – NUR 1,79 € offer and if that is also an annual one I will respectfully pass and hope some better contract terms come around during the Advent calendar.

• Netcup BF and Advent offers are usually all yearly with either 6/12 month billing. The VPS 200 will almost certainly be yearly as well.

• @LeonDynamic said: Netcup BF and Advent offers are usually all yearly with either 6/12 month billing. The VPS 200 will almost certainly be yearly as well.

IIRC, last year for BF one of the VPSs was 6 month prepaid but it could be cancelled any time (i.e. +30 days from "now" I think) and they would refund the excess paid.

The VPSs I'm OK with yearly as they are relatively low priced. I think the higher configurations should have been a bit more flexible. But it is what it is and there's no doubt they provide excellent value for money.

Thanked by (1)LeonDynamic
  • edited November 2020

@maqbeq said:

I was able to snatch an RS 2000 G9 (4 dedicated EPYC cores, 16GB RAM, 320GB SSD) for 11.11€/month but I had set up a bunch of reminders on Google Calendar to make sure I was F5'ing the offers page a few minutes before the deals I was interested in went live :)

• @nullnothere said:

@LeonDynamic said: Netcup BF and Advent offers are usually all yearly with either 6/12 month billing. The VPS 200 will almost certainly be yearly as well.

IIRC, last year for BF one of the VPSs was 6 month prepaid but it could be cancelled any time (i.e. +30 days from "now" I think) and they would refund the excess paid.

I still have the VPS 200 G8 from last BF, and indeed, it was payable 6 months in advance, but you could cancel at any time. It's a question whether they'll keep these flexible conditions or not this year. (By the way, the same was also true of the VPS 500 G8 at last BF.)

Thanked by (2)nullnothere LeonDynamic

• @sportingdan said:
    I was able to snatch an RS 2000 G9 (4 dedicated EPYC cores, 16GB RAM, 320GB SSD) for 11.11€/month but I had set up a bunch of reminders on Google Calendar to make sure I was F5'ing the offers page a few minutes before the deals I was interested in went live :)

Hi sportingdan,

I have a black special 2 - https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/vserver/rs-black-special-2 (more 4GB RAM, double the disk)
    Are you interested in the exchange it for your RS 2000 G9?

Thanks.

• edited November 2020

@nullnothere said:
    I'm not yet very excited about the Netcup offers so far. Somehow the price-resource ratio is a bit warped (IMHO) and every VPS offer so far is a yearly lock in. I think previously there were offers with more cores (though older generation), more disk space on either monthly or quarterly terms. I'm following their posts just to see what's on offer. I'm still iffy on the evening VPS 200 G8 – NUR 1,79 € offer and if that is also an annual one I will respectfully pass and hope some better contract terms come around during the Advent calendar.

Unfortunately, longer lock-in terms is the trend that netcup have followed over the last few years, and I don't suspect that it will change anytime soon. The good news is that the maximum lock-in term is likely to stay at 12 months -- I doubt that they will go past 12 months.

• so far I'd say the RS 2000 G9 offer was best value, as it's their regular product with an additional discount. the RS specials had less cores than the comparable model (or the other way around just a bit more ram/disk) so did not really satisfy in terms of price matching.

maybe the 7.77 vserver could also be counted as very good deal, though they had 4core/8GB/750GB disk at ~7.50 in earlier deals...
    let's see about the black wonder, if that's 8/16/something could also be quite interesting as it would compete with the RS 2000 as well, just 8 shared cores vs 4 dedicated - quite interesting for multithreaded use cases...

Thanked by (1)sportingdan
  • @angstrom said: Unfortunately, longer lock-in terms is the trend that netcup have followed over the last few years

Agreed. I think though that during the Advent calendar (or maybe Easter) they do seem to have shorter contract durations. I just feel that the higher end plans should have shorter durations as they are practically speaking vDedi's and while there are people with longer term use cases, it's nice to reward the "smaller budget" folks with something more pocket friendly.

Anyway I've gradually reduced my use cases for the bigger Netcup VMs (especially non-RS line) as their CPU quality has degraded to what I consider unacceptable levels (for multiple cores/threads/vCore) and there's something really satisfying and pleasing about having a dedi where you know the workload and can predict CPU quality much more consistently.

I'm OK with lock in on the smaller <20€ VPSs offers mainly because of the very generous bandwidth (just in case though I never use even a small fraction allotted).

Lets see how things go...

• @danielcardosopt said:

@sportingdan said:

Hi sportingdan,

I have a black special 2 - https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/vserver/rs-black-special-2 (more 4GB RAM, double the disk)
    Are you interested in the exchange it for your RS 2000 G9?

Thanks.

this machine is already way too powerful for my needs... I'm a software developer so I'm just going to test some back-end frameworks and eventually some simple machine learning stuff. in any case, thanks for the offer! fica para a próxima :p

Thanked by (1)danielcardosopt
  • If someone still wants a good deal feel free to look into my recent offer: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/2150/vps-rs-for-trade/

SoftwareArchitect, Projectmanager, Founder, Innovator and passionate admin in my free time.

• i got a rs black special 2, but in the end i cancelled it, because they asked for a photo id with me in it etc, with the order number and so on... because they 'receive fake orders', its a little bit over the top.. honestly its not worth the effort, I dont have anything to do with this server

We received a lot of fake orders in the past. So we ask you to send us a picture which shows you and your id card (it has to be readable in english or german).

To allocate your order to the sent proof please show additionally a
    piece of paper with your order - ID: vzXXXXXXXX
    on this picture.

Please also send us a proof of address in English or German.
    In case of doubt, an electricity bill in your name and address will also help.

• Very German.