Crazy Deals on Storage , SSD and hosting with SPICY GIVEAWAY This Black Friday from ServaRICA

Comments

• Shameful separated post:

This is my first XEN VPS. Is this going to be more like KVM where you can install your own Linux OS and kernel and not be restricted in kernel modules, Docker and firewall like Openvz? Recently tried LXC and it didn't take long to know it was garbage and not worth deviating scripts and processes that work on KVM but need weird workarounds to work with XEN limitations?

Thanks

• I hope my POLAR setup did not take long time.

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @nullnothere said:

@Falzo said:

@servarica_hani said: Unfortunately we have to limit users to 1 order per plan as some users will not get chance to get them if we keep like that

absolutely fair rule! thanks, ordered...

Completely agree and I totally missed reading this initially (I think it was added later). I always assumed this was the norm but I didn't realize that there were people buying more than 1 for themselves (presumably to stack)?

Until I saw that, I planned on getting the 2TB for my nephew for Christmas and then order one for myself. Now I have to decide how much I like this kid.

• @AlSwearengen said:

@nullnothere said:

@Falzo said:

@servarica_hani said: Unfortunately we have to limit users to 1 order per plan as some users will not get chance to get them if we keep like that

Completely agree and I totally missed reading this initially (I think it was added later). I always assumed this was the norm but I didn't realize that there were people buying more than 1 for themselves (presumably to stack)?

Until I saw that, I planned on getting the 2TB for my nephew for Christmas and then order one for myself. Now I have to decide how much I like this kid.

Thanks that made me laugh IRL :)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• @AlSwearengen said:

@nullnothere said:

@Falzo said:

though you could also just simply add 2TB more as addon during checkout because it's going to be at the same insane $48 !!!

• edited November 2020

Prem Polar..

root@ubuntu:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-11-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri 27 Nov 2020 02:29:23 AM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2593.918 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 1.9 GiB
    Swap       : 1.9 GiB
    Disk       : 1.9 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 9.38 MB/s     (2.3k) | 114.75 MB/s   (1.7k)
    Write      | 9.41 MB/s     (2.3k) | 115.35 MB/s   (1.8k)
    Total      | 18.79 MB/s    (4.6k) | 230.11 MB/s   (3.5k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 143.74 MB/s    (280) | 144.35 MB/s    (140)
    Write      | 151.38 MB/s    (295) | 153.96 MB/s    (150)
    Total      | 295.12 MB/s    (575) | 298.31 MB/s    (290)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 948 Mbits/sec   | 932 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 883 Mbits/sec   | 925 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 923 Mbits/sec   | 925 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 537 Mbits/sec   | 23.8 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 1.01 Gbits/sec  | 974 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 77.1 Mbits/sec  | 224 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 951 Mbits/sec   | 943 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 545                           
    Multi Core      | 1054                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5017946

Thanked by (1)Falzo

A simple uptime dashboard using UptimeRobot API https://upy.duo.ovh
    Currently using VPS from BuyVM, GreenCloudVPS, Gullo's, Hetzner, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, LetBox, MaxKVM, MrVM, VirMach.

• @servarica_hani is there some kind of raid underneath the storage of polarbear? like 5, 6 or zfs?

• @Falzo said:
    @servarica_hani is there some kind of raid underneath the storage of polarbear? like 5, 6 or zfs?

Yes - it is raidz2 (and due to Xen limitations (I think) they provide disks in 2TB (max) chunks to a total of your allocated disk size).

They are using a ZFS based SAN.

Thanked by (2)Falzo vimalware
  • Is this at OVH (BHS)? I guess it's fine either way since connectivity to there must be good. I'm thinking of a storage plan that would be supplemental storage to a Kimsufi dedi that I have there.

• @willie said: Is this at OVH (BHS)?

It is not. It is at a different DC in Montreal (or thereabouts). Latency to BHS is very good, but network throughput depends and varies. But it is pretty much the best non-OVH option in the vicinity for storage.

Cross Atlantic throughput is quite painful (vs OVH for example). YMMV.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

@AlSwearengen said:
    Shameful separated post:

This is my first XEN VPS. Is this going to be more like KVM where you can install your own Linux OS and kernel and not be restricted in kernel modules, Docker and firewall like Openvz? Recently tried LXC and it didn't take long to know it was garbage and not worth deviating scripts and processes that work on KVM but need weird workarounds to work with XEN limitations?

Thanks

Those are Xen HVM which is almost exactly as KVM
    you have your own kernel and you can do what ever you want

@AlSwearengen said:

:) :) :) :)

@Falzo said:
    @servarica_hani is there some kind of raid underneath the storage of polarbear? like 5, 6 or zfs?

yes both SSDs and storage are raidz2

Thanks @nullnothere I think you are old customer you know too much :)

• Order #8518663629

• Order #7311678207
    Thanks

• The deals ran like crazy, the one I'm looking at is out of stock guess I'll need to wait

• @APenguinWeb said:

@lentro said:
    Amazing. Really amazing. Irresistible to change my 4 3TB VPSes to 8 8TB VPSes but I gotta control myself because nobody needs that much storage, haha

Yes we do, 64TB isn't THAT difficult to fill after all!

Very effective in filling the 64TB disk:

docker run --cpus 0.33 --mount type=volume,src=$HOME,dst=/io \
      debian:10 \
      dd if=/dev/zero of=/io/junk bs=1M count=$((64*1024*1024))

Thanked by (2)chimichurri lentro

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited November 2020
    1. Do you take regular VPS / hosting backups? (At this price point, probably not, but it won't hurt to ask!)
    2. Can one use the shared hosting as storage too, or is that plan for website related data only? (=data hoarders should specifically get a VPS)
    3. Since the DC is in Montreal, by any chance, are your servers powered with hydro?
    4. Will Polar Bear be restocked? :<

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

Hi Everyone,
    Storage servers are out of stock for now
    We still have servers ready to be installed in new rack but we are missing network switches which we will receive next week So by 2 weeks from now max we should restock (large sock)
    once it is done we will reopen all storage plans again just like now

We may open few slots in Cyber Monday depending if some users cancelled their subscription

you can register in our waiting list here https://forms.gle/xgLQFRbaH5tDsfMn7
    or watch this thread as i will update it once the stock is ready

Sorry for this we had really large stock and we didnt expect it to finish in less than 1 day

Thanked by (1)bdl

@yokowasis said:

Do you think this is good for plex server ? directplay no transcoding. I am tired of failing mounting google drive with rclone.

yes but plex is really network sensative , so it depend on your location
    if the ping time is too high to our network it will not work as

@chimichurri said:
    1. Do you take regular VPS / hosting backups? (At this price point, probably not, but it won't hurt to ask!)

We dont have distinction between storage vps and normal vps
    you can run what you need in storage vps (maybe the only expection is torrent we ask user to watch their iops)

for VPS offers we dont take backups (Internally we do take snapshots but those are not for end users and we use them in cases that we need to restore full storage server to previous state )
    But we have snapshot option when ordering this will allow you to save the state of your vm at any point of time and revert to that state when ever you want

Note: snapshot are not exactly backups as they live on same storage server where the original data is / so they protect from all issues except if the whole storage server is down for some reason)

for webhosting we take 1 weekly backup (Real backup to external server in our datacenter)

1. Can one use the shared hosting as storage too, or is that plan for website related data only? (=data hoarders should specifically get a VPS)

you can use it as storage but you will not get ssh access and you are limited to what cpanel can offer you
    some people like it as it give them FTP out of the box but most prefer VPS to install their own tools and software on it

1. Since the DC is in Montreal, by any chance, are your servers powered with hydro?

yes the whole DC is power by Hydro-Quebec and we have A+B power feed with backups and UPS
    Hydro-Quebec is 99.9% clean energy and if I am not mistaken they are the biggest and cleanest electrical company in NA

1. Will Polar Bear be restocked? :<

yes in 2 weeks max

Thanked by (1)chimichurri
  • according to IP on ping.servarica.com network of VPS will be in AS26832 right?

• edited November 2020

Will keep a lookout for the big storage plans... great prices on those! Looking for a plex server with plenty of space...GSuite is a big unknown anymore.

• @servarica_hani

Is the 5x$50 prizes per site, or combined? Can one post same order ID on both LET and LES for double chance or stick to one?

Thanks

• Thanks for the amazing deal!
    Order #9104344001

• totally forgot: Order #6779390839

@k4zz said:
    according to IP on ping.servarica.com network of VPS will be in AS26832 right?

yes> @AlSwearengen said:

@servarica_hani

Is the 5x$50 prizes per site, or combined? Can one post same order ID on both LET and LES for double chance or stick to one?

Thanks

the 5 prizes are for this site only
    the draw for this site is different than the other so if you post in both you will be counted in both

the chances of getting the prizes here seems higher though

Thanked by (1)AlSwearengen
  • order #7077114003 thanks for honoring the leaked bf link, can't wait to try it

Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • sahjanivishalsahjanivishal Content Writer

Great offers!

• Very nice offers this BF :)

• I missed the storage offers!
    Maybe afer the restock

• Order #7461434451