Show us your loot: Black Friday 'til Cyber Monday Edition ©

Comments

• @ehab said:

@swat4 said:

Then start learning : golang , docker , Kubernetes

They all look Greek to me =) I am still at apt install / apt update progress

• @swat4 said:

IF that is the case .... then maybe you still have time to change your life into something.

For wealth and free time:
    Option 1- ... Go into Business Studies .
    Option 2 - if can study top be a Lawyer, doctor -- then do it
    Option 3 - join an insurance company or a local bank.
    Option 4 - start your own business shop ( food , cloths or online local goods traditional shop )

i would if i am 20 years younger :/ now too risky and no time to go back ...

my best advise for you is to divide time between life and study.

best of luck

• edited December 2020

in the queue for 1 hosthatch 1tb uk
    got a mail plan from WebHorizon, i will need some time to understand how to configure mail..
    renewed 4 virmachs

i lurked for a 2gb 20-25gb ryzen vps for 8-10$ just to have one but it turned out to be unrealistic :)

• @ehab said:

@swat4 said:

IF that is the case .... then maybe you still have time to change your life into something.

For wealth and free time:
    Option 1- ... Go into Business Studies .
    Option 2 - if can study top be a Lawyer, doctor -- then do it
    Option 3 - join an insurance company or a local bank.
    Option 4 - start your own business shop ( food , cloths or online local goods traditional shop )

i would if i am 20 years younger :/ now too risky and no time to go back ...

my best advise for you is to divide time between life and study.

best of luck

:) Thank you sir for your advice.

I will just treat this one as a hobby at leisure time, like collecting stamps :#

• @tridinebandim said:
    in the queue for 1 hosthatch 1tb uk
    got a mail plan from WebHorizon, i will need some time to understand how to configure mail..
    renewed 4 virmachs

i lurked for a 2gb 20-25gb ryzen vps for 8-10$ just to have one but it turned out to be unrealistic :)

Got a question regarding the flash sales of hosthatch;

I was able to go to one of the links while the while the page was not yet "404 page not found". I was able to fill in all my details and to complete it, but I got no confirmation anywhere, except on my screen upon completion. I haven't received an e-mail confirming that I ordered or "reserved", and my $80 credit which I funded with PayPal still isn't charged on my HostHatch account.

So I think that I ordered something with them, but I'm not sure. Is this to be expected this way, am I also "in the queue" now?

Btw, I went for this one:

CHI/AMS/LON/STO storage:
    1x 2.4+ GHz
    4 GB RAM
    2 TB disk
    6 TB bandwidth
    $80 per 2 years
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/bf-2tb-sto

• @swat4 said: My first BF in the VPS world

Welcome to the happy idlers club! Some nice catches you had there :wink:

• edited December 2020

@atomi said:

=) thank you. Have you snatched anything you like?

Among the list, there are indeed some new providers to me which I can't find much info :# let's see how they go

• @atomi said:

@swat4 said: My first BF in the VPS world

I need to clean up the code and write a tutorial on how to build your own push-up video site. I think @swat4 has enough powerful boxes that they would be able to encode videos on a VPS instead of having to encode on the laptop.

Push-ups solve all the problems. Serve push-up videos from all your VPS. Never leave a VPS idle again!

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @lesbitso said: Got a question

just checked to confirm, right, just payment confirmations but on servers tab i have a server and it is on "finalising" phase, if your balance not effected there may be a problem

• @yoursunny said:

Push-ups solve all the problems. Serve push-up videos from all your VPS. Never leave a VPS idle again!

:) Nice one....... I literally notice every message of yours would include 'push up' :3

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @tridinebandim said:

@lesbitso said: Got a question

just checked to confirm, right, just payment confirmations but on servers tab i have a server and it is on "finalising" phase, if your balance not effected there may be a problem

Mhh damn. Servers tab is empty. I'm not sure what I did wrong, since the order link was still active (I checked) after the completion of my order. I just found it strange that I got no confirmation e-mail or anything.

I opened a support ticket, I'll wait it out and see what happens... And if I can recover my $80 deposit...

• edited December 2020

@Letbox RB1NJ New Jersey

• 1 vCPU shared
    • 1 GB ram dedicated
    • 10 TB in+out
    • 15 GB NVME + 3 TB HDD storage
    • $5.78/month

@hosthatch Amsterdam

• 2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    • 8 GB RAM
    • 40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    • 5 TB bandwidth
    • $30 per year

3 CPU core (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

• 16 GB RAM
    • 80 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    • 10 TB bandwidth
    • $60 per year

1 CPU core (?)

• 3 GB RAM
    • 3 TB usable storage
    • 9 TB bandwidth
    • $84 per year

All to be deployed.

And, one Resilio Sync Pro Family license at with 65% off.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@Unixfy said: 17 VPS from HostHatch (1x 8GB, 13x 2GB, 3x 1GB)

Almost bought liteserver, HostHatch, InceptionHosting, and Spartanhost offers... but not a collector anymore. :/

Does anyone have their HostHatch order activated and want to post a yabs to show what the rest of us missed out on?

Thanked by (2)ehab Unixfy
  • @MaxKVM , any xmas offers from you?

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM
  • MaxKVMMaxKVM Hosting Provider

@ehab said:
    @MaxKVM , any xmas offers from you?

Yessir - the plan is to have offers throughout the month of December (as soon as space is available). We'll see! :)

Thanked by (2)ehab chocolateshirt
  • Got 3 NAT VPS from Inception Hosting in NL, UK, US
    And one HDD Storage Server from LiteServer.nl
    And a Free .xyz Domain from Clouveo
    And also a new CCTV Camera :D

• edited December 2020

Hosthatch has not been created. But I already got a 1 gb and a 2gb pack from way back. The have high iowait, so dont know what's going to happen if they all got provisionized... :smile: Prepping for the worst tbh. Lucky I've got Abdullah suprise box to suprize me ;)

• edited December 2020

@MaxKVM said:

@ehab said:
    @MaxKVM , any xmas offers from you?

Yessir - the plan is to have offers throughout the month of December (as soon as space is available). We'll see! :)

I'm canceling MaxKVM box in Singapore to make space for others. ?
    It's been mostly idling for too long.

Coupon code suggestions for Christmas:

• create a 70% off coupon LUMPOFCOAL (limit to 7 orders); whoever uses this coupon would receive a lump of coal from Santa Claus.
    • rename SAVE30 to NAUGHTYLIST; wherever uses this coupon would get on the naughty list.
    • rename ADD35 to GOODLIST; whoever uses this coupon receives a place in the good list.
    • rename SAVE69 to PUSHUPS; whoever uses this coupon must do 69 push-ups in order to get onto the good list.
    • create a special coupon LUCKY7, it's a raffle where 7.77% of the orders or 7 orders (whichever is lesser) will enjoy 77.7% off for the first 7 months, while the remaining will pay 7.77% more; you charge everyone 7.77% more initially, and then discount subsequent months for the raffle winners. The email that reveals whether a user wins the raffle should look like a Christmas stocking.
    Thanked by (2)MaxKVM Naix

• @Unixfy said:
    My final BF loot:

• 17 VPS from HostHatch (1x 8GB, 13x 2GB, 3x 1GB)
    • X Theme for WordPress

That's it :)

Please tell me for what you need the amount of vps ?

• @Maxo112 said:
    Please tell me for what you need the amount of vps ?

he has more ... its like the stuff you can't have enough of.

• This was my first BF on green forums.
    I'm a seriesn's customer for a couple of months.
    But when I knew that's he's not planning on participating in this BF (neither do I), I got relieved and got myself a 4c ryzen beast.
    I don't like crazily crowded places.
    But I saw the double storage offer from 'inceptionhosting' and I couldn't resist, I grabbed my first storage box ever, a 1TB box.
    btw is this YABS seem normal? or should I wait for a bit more till other tenants chill.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-11-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    --
    Tue  1 Dec 22:58:50 GMT 2020
    --
    Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2199.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 987.2 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 984.2 GiB
    --
    fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
     ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 3.37 MB/s      (843) | 51.50 MB/s     (804)
    Write      | 3.40 MB/s      (851) | 51.79 MB/s     (809)
    Total      | 6.77 MB/s     (1.6k) | 103.29 MB/s   (1.6k)
     --         |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
     ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 58.48 MB/s     (114) | 82.16 MB/s      (80)
    Write      | 61.37 MB/s     (119) | 87.63 MB/s      (85)
    Total      | 119.86 MB/s    (233) | 169.80 MB/s    (165)
    --
    iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
      --             |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 853 Mbits/sec   | 208 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 848 Mbits/sec   | 94.5 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 828 Mbits/sec   | 164 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 908 Mbits/sec   | 149 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 900 Mbits/sec   | 295 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 938 Mbits/sec   | 520 Mbits/sec
    --
    Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
       --            |
    Single Core     | 441
    Multi Core      | 456
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5105947

Thanked by (2)Naix seriesn
  • @mezoology said:
    btw is this YABS seem normal? or should I wait for a bit more till other tenants chill.

Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 938 Mbits/sec | 520 Mbits/sec

Judging from that LA iperf3, that 1gbit NIC is only at 50% utilization due to people importing data.
    pretty good I'd say for an offer heavy weekend.

• @vimalware said:

@mezoology said:

Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 938 Mbits/sec | 520 Mbits/sec

Judging from that LA iperf3, that 1gbit NIC is only at 50% utilization due to people importing data.

ty for the feedback, I was more concerned about the disk speed tbh. I'm genuinely asking if it's normal or not, not trying to give the host a hard time.

• edited December 2020

@yoursunny said: I'm canceling MaxKVM box in Singapore to make space for others.

Maybe you can post it for transfer, in case someone wants it :wink:

What's its specs?

• Judging from that LA iperf3, that 1gbit NIC is only at 50% utilization due to people importing data.

ty for the feedback, I was more concerned about the disk speed tbh. I'm genuinely asking if it's normal or not, not trying to give the host a hard time.

If 50% of the inbound speed capacity is taken (500 Mbit/s; which translates in 62 MByte/s); it could mean that people are transferring allot of files in; which they of course save to the same hard drive infrastructure where you are now having rather slow speeds.

My guess would be to test it again in a week; and asking nicely and with respect a question to any provider should never be a problem imo.

• @casadebamburojo said:

@yoursunny said: I'm canceling MaxKVM box in Singapore to make space for others.

Too late. Already terminated.
    Cyber Monday was Nov 30 and billing cycle ended on Dec 01. I didn't even have enough time to migrate the services, so that now my push-up video site is operating at reduced capacity.

It was on EDU50 promo code.
    If you have .edu inbox, you can claim same price too; if you don't, you would receive invoice for the difference.
    Note that .edu inbox doesn't necessarily mean current student. Most universities let alumni keep .edu inboxes, too. #LoopHole

What's its specs?

512MB, see benchmark.

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo

• K4Y5K4Y5 OG
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:

@casadebamburojo said:

Too late. Already terminated.
    Cyber Monday was Nov 30 and billing cycle ended on Dec 01. I didn't even have enough time to migrate the services, so that now my push-up video site is operating at reduced capacity.

It was on EDU50 promo code.
    If you have .edu inbox, you can claim same price too; if you don't, you would receive invoice for the difference.
    Note that .edu inbox doesn't necessarily mean current student. Most universities let alumni keep .edu inboxes, too. #LoopHole

What's its specs?

512MB, see benchmark.

Yep, my uni still allows me to use my edu address. Probably makes it easier for them to reach out to thousands of alumni.

For some reason, I still have access to their internal app licensing portal that could allow me to download apps with edu licensing from companies such as MS, Adobe, Autodesk, Jetbrains and even Gitkraken, if I choose to use it :lol:

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt
  • I grabbed from GreenCloud a tokyo-based KVM, 1c-1g-15g, faster ping than expected, but not so stable. It fluctuates at some time.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

still waiting eagerly for the hosthatch vps to be provisioned to complete the dealz for this year!

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.