Just curious, who here no longer visits LET?

12346»

Comments

• @hosthatch said: It would be a dick move to not be active here all year round, and then simply come on Black Friday only to sell something.

Maybe some would think/reason that way, I wouldn't.
    I did miss offers being posted from a couple of hosts here this BF/CM.
    I really didn't want to dig into LET OGF at all this year. (There was plenty of nice offers here, IMO.)

(One link posted here made me curious enough to login over there as well, but it was so noisy, so I retreated quickly without finding anything of interest.)

Atmosphere is better over here. (Sometimes I do wish people would stop commenting here on what's happening over there, but I just ignore and skip ahead ...) B)

• LeeLee OG
    edited December 2020

I have stopped using low-end providers, just too much hassle these days, that's what I find anyway. Outside of BuyVM and InceptionHosting, I stick with Hetzner, DO, and others.

Everyone will flock to LET during events like this as it's where they will get the rock bottom, stupid resource level deals that they are interested in. They are guaranteed to get exactly that. I took a quick look just now at the offers being made and yeah, I see what I expected, and a couple of dramas already kicking off.

LET is a pit with its traffic likely originating more and more from parts of the world that most sensible providers want to avoid, not judging anyone but you get what you attract with your deals.

I agree that LES is more civilized, LET will always be the only destination for those looking for the most at the lowest cost. They are patting themselves on the back for a great BF weekend offers thread, looked like car crash TV to me. Looking at all the comments and some of what was said, it is clear even the users over there are reducing to the same quality as some of the deals.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Lee yeah I have to admit, it is easy to get sucked into the mania of Black Friday as a host anyway, I just did not feel it as much this year, I feel tons better from not getting as involved as usual and honestly the difference in takings was minimal.

I think I more got involved in the killer deals because it was expected of me, I just don’t think I would choose to do it again, it is certainly not done because I have to hit a financial target so really, why bother. It just because an event, a tradition.

What you said about them patting them self on the back is right, it just feels kind of a mess. I am not sure how to describe it, almost like a kid that passed his driving test last week being pleased with himself that he did 155mph on the motorway in his dads car with no insurance with his drunk friends in the car. I mean it’s an achievement I suppose but not everyone is going to see it as a positive thing.

I don’t want this place to be a clone of LET or else what is the point, I think it’s time for the fork to bend a bit further away from its origin, not that I consider the current LET the origin, that is a also a fork from the real LET.

I will give it some thought this week, I want the place to be even more healthy when I hand it off.

Thanked by (2)Lee bikegremlin

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• Not always in a year, but several times per day during, say BF-CM-NY, etc.

• TBH I feel anxiety when i visit LET, However i'm silent visitor enjoy posts and offers here in LES

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@ukhan said:
    TBH I feel anxiety when i visit LET, However i'm silent visitor enjoy posts and offers here in LES

I know what you mean, I get that feeling when someone posts a link to LET even, I cant bring myself to click on it even most of the time.

Feel free to lurk here as much as you want :)

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

conclusion next year @hosthatch will post BF deals here.

it sucks to find out about HH deals on the other side. and yes too much abuse from there. very much toxic.

Thanked by (1)chocolateshirt

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited December 2020

@vimalware said:
    I visit daily for the trolls.

There's only one official troll. I wonder how to submit an application for a troll tag.

As for the drama, HostLoc has even more of them. HostLoc is infiltrating LET these days. Every time I see a "user banned please carry on", I go to HostLoc to see how they are commenting about the banned user. I don't have an account there and don't plan to get one.

@Neoon said:
    in general everything that centralizes the decentralized internet, breaks End to End encryption is bad.

root-servers.net is the root of the centralized internet. Let's boycott root-servers.net and make a new internet as a giant Ethernet with globalized flooding and self-learning!

Thanked by (1)MaxKVM

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @hosthatch said: It would be a dick move to not be active here all year round, and then simply come on Black Friday only to sell something.

Sorry that you feel this way and let me know if there is anything I can do to change your mind.

easy, do some exclusive promotion here XD, that can change anyone's mind.

• Sorry guys, didn't mean to necro this thread. Just wish to thank @InceptionHosting @ehab @seriesn @epsilun for the warm greetings

Thanked by (2)ehab InceptionHosting
  • Petition to change thread name ogf

• I used to lurk LET many years ago. Found this forum just recently. What happened, did everybody move on from that place?

• froge said:
    I used to lurk LET many years ago. Found this forum just recently. What happened, did everybody move on from that place?

Some, not everyone. Maybe like forking a github project.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@froge said:
    I used to lurk LET many years ago. Found this forum just recently. What happened, did everybody move on from that place?

Not everybody, some did.
    You will see even more visiting both places.

Originally I think it was an escape from the insanity that grew, to create a sensible community without every topic having an attack on another community member.

We mostly talk about the same things, I personally would have hoped that more providers would be active here.

This is a place where providers and customers can meet and talk about things that bother/interest us in the world of hosting.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• beaglebeagle OG
    edited May 2021

@mikho said: Not everybody, some did.
    I personally would have hoped that more providers would be active here.

The ones that favour quality over quantity are already here. I'm not too bothered with the rest.

Thanked by (3)mikho uptime sgheghele
  • I sometimes go to LET to read that Virmach thread, waiting the prizes eternally.