Which ADBlock Solution do you use?

2»

Comments

• @havoc said:

@PHP_Backend said:

If you want to block more than ads, try umatrix.

Project was abandoned by author btw

I wouldn't say it's abandoned. I would say dev is taking a break (may be a long one). Gorhill does great job on uBlock origin, so I can imagine he doesn't have time to deal with all the bullshit that comes with open-source project. I am totally happy with current state of uMatrix, I don't require any new feature from it, also I don't face any breaking bugs. Ads/Tracker is avoided with other ext/dns but as long as uMatrix provides me finer control, I am satisfied with it being closed.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • NextDNS at the router level, AdGuard on my Macs (mostly to block YouTube ads, otherwise it’s pretty redundant), and AdGuard on my mobile devices.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2020

@Janevski said:
    I use cockblock origin.

Did you get too many dick pics from Jarland?

@dahartigan said:

@honestlybruv said:
    pi.hole, ublock origin + umatrix combo in all my browsers. No ads anywhere, and the shitty animated crap on the sides of this site never get eye time with me. Who tf animates ads in 2020? What is this? 1995 macromedia flash?

Yeah the clouvider ad is the tackiest of them all imo, way too siezure-inducing lol

As a marketer, that's what one aspires: Mindshare- people talking about the Ad. Followed by (hopeully) clickthroughs that convert.

Squats are the new Push-ups

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2020

Back to the topic- using Pocket more and more and liking it. With Adblock Plus and Privacy Badger turned on.
    Also like the reader mode in Safari.. not all sites support it though

Like the combination... Here's what I am reading on Pocket

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/too-sexy-to-last-the-right-said-fred-story

• pihole everywhere

• @WilkyDilky said:
    pihole everywhere

Used to self host AdGuard Home, love the solution to death, but it would sometimes block some legit domains temporarily. It was so weird.

• @vyas said: As a marketer, that's what one aspires: Mindshare- people talking about the Ad. Followed by (hopeully) clickthroughs that convert.

Did you just mansplain marketing to me? /s ;)

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2020

@dahartigan said:

@vyas said: As a marketer, that's what one aspires: Mindshare- people talking about the Ad. Followed by (hopeully) clickthroughs that convert.

I did not know the meaning of that word mansplain. Had to look it up . Now makes me wonder who is mansplaining who?

verb (used with or without object)
    (of a man) to comment on or explain something to a woman in a condescending, overconfident, and often inaccurate or >oversimplified manner: He mansplained to her about female friendships.
    to comment on or explain something to someone in such a way: I know some women who are guilty of mansplaining.

Thanked by (1)dahartigan

• FF + uBlock Origin :)

• @vyas said:

@dahartigan said:

@vyas said: As a marketer, that's what one aspires: Mindshare- people talking about the Ad. Followed by (hopeully) clickthroughs that convert.

I did not know the meaning of that word mansplain. Had to look it up . Now makes me wonder who is mansplaining who?

verb (used with or without object)
    (of a man) to comment on or explain something to a woman in a condescending, overconfident, and often inaccurate or >oversimplified manner: He mansplained to her about female friendships.
    to comment on or explain something to someone in such a way: I know some women who are guilty of mansplaining.

lol.. I believe that we learn something new everyday. Sorry to derail the thread, I'll see myself out. But before I do, I use Adblock Plus.. if anyone knows a reason why I shouldn't use it, I'd love to learn something else today..

Get the best deal on your next VPS or Shared/Reseller hosting from RacknerdTracker.com - The original aff garden.

• edited December 2020

Umatrix is the bees knees.

For me, Adblocking was just a stayin afloat strategy, in the era of very limited speed+monthly-quota mobile data.

Now it's just a default strategy to cut pageload bloat by 30-80%

Adhole/pihole network wide.
    ubO on FF/Chrome
    Umatrix on desktop FF as final shield for Js cruft.

A.KA : how to use a 8yo ThinkPad as your daily driver without the fans spinning non stop.

Thanked by (1)PHP_Backend
  • uBlock origin(FF),Brave

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research