Get a free credit for Cloud Servers! Beta Phase.

Hello Guys,

I am currently launching a test cloud platform for us at hosterlabs. So pretty much we wish for users to test our platform and put some strain ( high cpu usage and ram ) but no abuse will be tolerated in terms of phishing or ddos attacks.

You will be given a free IPv4 and a free 15$-25$ credit on our platform that we are testing. The system is post-paid, so if you wish to use more than the 15$ credit, make sure to place a payment method.

The restraints are 2 servers online and 3 in total can be created on the platform. Located in Hetzner DC (Falkenstein Germany)

These are AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU's , unmetered 1 Gbps connections.

To apply you simply need to:
1. Have more than 15 posts on any low-end community
2. Be registered for more than 3 months.
3. Let us know what you will use your server for.

Why the restrains and why the questions?
We do not want any abuse at all on this server. You surely can put gaming servers or web hosting. But NO abuse. We will have a zero tolerance policy towards any kind of abuse.

If you wish to participate you will need to simply send me a private message and I will explain how to access the system :)

Best Regards,
Jacobo

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

Comments

• edited December 2020

Is 100% CPU usage considered abuse?
    I wanna encode push-ups with ffmpeg.

Does the internal network support non-IP Ethernet traffic?
    If so, I can test Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK).

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• hosterlabshosterlabs Hosting Provider
    edited December 2020

Hello,

Abuse is considered here: https://hosterlabs.net/panel/knowledgebase/24/What-can-I-host-on-your-virtual-servers.html

As this are servers that are not on production feel free to use as much resources as you need.

As of now, we are testing Solus.io, so all constraints regarding the system are the same constraints we have. They do not allow internal IP's and such.

What you get:

• Free resources to use up to 16GB of RAM and 8 vCPU's. (If you need more let us know)
    • Free IP's (up to 3) one for each possible server.
    • IPv6 /80 subnets

What we get:

• We see the system runs smoothly.
    • We check billing works properly
    • We check constraints and possible requests as well as common questions you might have to document them appropriately.
    • We might test firewall configurations to prevent outbound ddos and spam.
    Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • very nice offers

• I saw the solusio link posted on the wrong green forum. I tapped "get started" and entered my name, email, password. I got here:

There's no button on this page, and I'm not receiving any email.
    Browser: Chrome on iPhone SE 2020.

Hello,

It seems you need to register first as a client on our website at https://hosterlabs.net/panel/register.php

That is precisely why we are testing it before rolling it out :) Some bug from the system.

Best regards!

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said:

Interesting combination.

Edit: I am trying Midori on Mac. Because I can

• @vyas said:
    @yoursunny said:

Interesting combination.

I sometimes use strange browsers to test apps.

In the past I used surf on Debian Jessie and lynx on Ubuntu Precise. However, I stopped using them because my own apps aren't working on these.

• I got my trial account working. In short: you must use a desktop or tablet to sign up; screens narrower than 500px wouldn't work.
    Other bug reports will be PM'ed.

YABS here: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/50786/#Comment_50786
    Network is >900Mbps in Europe. Instances have hourly billing, and has good CPU. I can see myself paying for this service in the future (occasional use, just like Scaleway).

I'll record some push-ups this weekend and try an encoding there.

@yoursunny said:
    I got my trial account working. In short: you must use a desktop or tablet to sign up; screens narrower than 500px wouldn't work.
    Other bug reports will be PM'ed.

YABS here: https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/50786/#Comment_50786
    Network is >900Mbps in Europe. Instances have hourly billing, and has good CPU. I can see myself paying for this service in the future (occasional use, just like Scaleway).

I'll record some push-ups this weekend and try an encoding there.

Thanks a lot, your feedback has been very useful and all errors you reported will be solved soon.
    Btw. If you want to test our real deal servers in Canada, I would not mind letting you have some free access. You can check some benchmarks I performed: https://docs.hosterlabs.net/display/HOS/VPS+Benchmarks

Now that was when the servers were half full, now they are at full capacity :)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @vyas said:
    Edit: I am trying Midori on Mac. Because I can

Gecko based browser?

Thanked by (1)vyas