[RESOLVED] Debian 10 Reinstall OS not working on MRVM

milkboymilkboy OG
edited November 2019 in Help

So i tried to reinstall to Debian 10 (from debian 8), but cant start the vps after waiting for an hour. status always offline.

then i tried Cent OS, no problem, VPS start without issue. online
next Debian 8 reinstall with no problem. online

So i try again this time first reinstall to Centos first, then Reinstall again to Debian 10.
Still offline. i tried reboot / stop & start / Power off & on.
from what i tried, only debian 10 image that's not working.

Just letting you guys know.
My VPS is currently idle, so that i can test for solutions.
If no solutions then ill just move to Debian 8 and continue testing.

Comments

• I ticketed last week as mine were delivered with Debian 10 and I didn't know it was an issue with Debian 10. For now we should just avoid using the Debian 10 template:

The debian 10 template is currently not working, it fails to create the ilesystem and therefor fails to boot the vps.
    Please use anothr template while I try to find a solution on the template issues

• Can't you install debain 9 and upgrade inside VPS? I doubt it will able to boot, but worth try.

• This problem is related to Virtualizor as they released a fucked up Debian 10 template. mrVM & other providers have nothing to do with it.

Thanked by (1)milkboy

Recommend: SmallWeb|BuyVM|Linode|RamNode

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

someone invite virtualizor so we can @ them!

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    someone invite virtualizor so we can @ them!

bait set on our alternate universe

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

It used to be pretty simple to add a template to Virtualizor but with the new format introduced with OpenVZ7, its not that easy to convert between the two.

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:
    It used to be pretty simple to add a template to Virtualizor but with the new format introduced with OpenVZ7, its not that easy to convert between the two.

Yes there is no CentOS 8 template from Virtualizor yet & they have not even bothered to fix this broken Debian 10 template as well. As a control panel targeted towards hosting companies they should release templates within a week after when a new distro is out

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

vpsgeek said: Yes there is no CentOS 8 template from Virtualizor yet & they have not even bothered to fix this broken Debian 10 template as well. As a control panel targeted towards hosting companies they should release templates within a week after when a new distro is out

I don't think there is a centos 8 EZ template in the virtuozzo repo's yet, unless I missed it so its not possible to deploy yet, could fudge one I guess by pointing a clone of the Centos 7 EX template repos at the 8 repo's but its messy.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @AnthonySmith said:

vpsgeek said: Yes there is no CentOS 8 template from Virtualizor yet & they have not even bothered to fix this broken Debian 10 template as well. As a control panel targeted towards hosting companies they should release templates within a week after when a new distro is out

I don't think there is a centos 8 EZ template in the virtuozzo repo's yet, unless I missed it so its not possible to deploy yet, could fudge one I guess by pointing a clone of the Centos 7 EX template repos at the 8 repo's but its messy.

Virtualizor don't even have a CentOS 8 template for KVM as well

• @abnoeh said:
    Can't you install debain 9 and upgrade inside VPS? I doubt it will able to boot, but worth try.

there is no debian 9 in the list.

Thanks for clarifying @vpsgeek

Is there a way to edit post title?

• aRNoLDaRNoLD OG
    edited November 2019

My findings to offer:

I got the same problem, not being able to reinstall with Debian 10, or with Ubuntu 18 LTS, but CentOS 7 and Debian 8 are OK. My guess is on the Kernel version, just a guess, because Debian 10 is released with higher kernel version (maybe it is not compatible with the OpenVZ system?).

Some time ago, I tried Debian 10 (or perhaps 9 stretch, cannot recall it very clearly) successfully, under OpenVZ 7 and the system booted normally. That made me think that OpenVZ has renewed life-span. Well, the joy came too early.

Yesterday, I tried installing a couple of OSes, from CentOS 7 to Debian 8, followed by an upgrade to Debian 9 (successfully). Good news doesn't last long. The machine crashed. Now the real problem comes. In the control panel, it shows CentOS 7 and Debian 8 could be installed but I just cannot use the online html5 VNC or connect to the machine via SSH. It shows Debian 10 couldn't be installed and machine was offline after re-installation. Of course, VNC and SSH not accessible.

I hate OpenVZ.

• @aRNoLD said:
    I hate OpenVZ.

Its a love-hate relationship. hahaha...

If KVM node cost a low as OpenVZ node i would move it all in a heartbeat.

Good news, I hope!

Finally made the Debian 10 template work! at least it worked on the nodes I tried it on.

Long story short, Virtualizor still uses the old legacy template system for OVZ7, the same that was used with OVZ6.
    This creates a couple of issues when deploying templates not officially supported by Virtualizor.
    One is the creation of a faulty filesystem. How about a VPS using only 45mb ???

After some testing, I managed to create a working VPS with debian 10 installed.
    Created a new template from that VPS and are now copying it to all other nodes.

Feel free to test it out and let me know if you have any issues.

Requests for other templates?
    I'll sure give it a try.

Thanked by (2)lgsin milkboy

• mikho said: Finally made the Debian 10 template work! at least it worked on the nodes I tried it on.

Can confirm it works on France, Norway and US-WV! US-LAS doesn't seem to work properly yet it seems.

Virtualizor service ID = 2798.

@Solaire said:

mikho said: Finally made the Debian 10 template work! at least it worked on the nodes I tried it on.

Can confirm it works on France, Norway and US-WV! US-LAS doesn't seem to work properly yet it seems.

Virtualizor service ID = 2798.

I'll push the template over to Las Vegas manually.

Another note: Ubuntu 18 is also available now ;)

• Sweet.
    thanks xoxo

ill try it later on y SG node

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • alexxggalexxgg OG
    edited November 2019

Finally made the Debian 10 template work! at least it worked on the nodes I tried it on.

Works perfectly in US-WV B)

Thanked by (1)mikho
  • @milkboy said:
    Sweet.
    thanks xoxo

ill try it later on y SG node

MrVm SG node works.
    Thanks @mikho

Thanked by (1)mikho