I want to invest 15,000€ into hosting industry

Hello,

I would like to invest 15,000€ up to 20,000€ into hosting industry. What's the best way to have profit after? Solo or partnership with existing company?

What would do you do? Ideas?

My current location is Vienna, Austria ??

Comments

1. Buy a premium VPS for every active member of this forum, in exchange of them doing push-ups.
    2. Send the rest of the money to me. I'll buy a MetalVPS to encode these push-ups, a NexusBytes and a MaxKVM to increase serving capacity, and an Inception storage to backup.
    3. Create an AdSense account. I'll put up the push-ups and your AdSense code on https://pushups.ndn.today .
    4. I get the push-ups; you get the profits via AdSense. Everyone is happy.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

I think you'll have better luck with the stock market.

Thanked by (2)AaronSS Wolveix

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• @Bostel said:
    Hello,

I would like to invest 15,000€ up to 20,000€ into hosting industry. What's the best way to have profit after? Solo or partnership with existing company?

Boss,
    Just going to say it as it is, if you are posting here and asking this question, you aren’t ready for the hustle.

Now to a more serious question:

• Is this going to be a business or you are looking for investment opportunities as a partner/silent partner?
    Thanked by (1)dahartigan
  • OR

Do you want invest buying VPS for idling?

OR

Do you want invest Selling VPS for idling?

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • @seriesn said:

@Bostel said:
    Hello,

Boss,
    Just going to say it as it is, if you are posting here and asking this question, you aren’t ready for the hustle.

Now to a more serious question:

• Is this going to be a business or you are looking for investment opportunities as a partner/silent partner?

I could open a GmbH company or invest into existing one + could do support L1+2 in the same (existing) company if needed as I have decided to live from what I love and that's the hosting industry.

• Good question and if you decided to open your own biz, don't forget to write your experiences aswell.

i am not a provider but let me share my thoughts.

first of all i guess that amount is good enough to start a good hosting biz.

1. don't target low end unless you have lot tie-ups with DCs or own your hardware
    2. either start with a bang (like own good amount of hardware) or just start with slow like renting one dedi and go from there
    3. with ipv4 becoming scarce, do you have bunch of ips? otherwise buy them....even if your biz fails, you will still have those ips

from your reply...i realize you already have hosting exp, so you can jump in but only after knowing all pros/cons.

@yoursunny sorry to say this, eventhough i enjoyed your push-up shit in every post early days...now it has become annoying and i feel you are converting LES into OGF or just cest-pit with usual pu(sh)it posting

you never know how enthusiast other guy is, or how emotionally they attached to their biz and your "first" response makes them leave the forum.

Thanked by (1)benz
  • go buy bitcoin and sell it next Fall -- it will be +20%

Thanked by (2)yoursunny saibal
  • @seenu said:

@yoursunny sorry to say this, eventhough i enjoyed your push-up shit in every post early days...now it has become annoying and i feel you are converting LES into OGF or just cest-pit with usual pu(sh)it posting

you never know how enthusiast other guy is, or how emotionally they attached to their biz and your "first" response makes them leave the forum.

? ?

Thanked by (1)lentro

• alwyzonalwyzon Hosting Provider
    edited January 2021

@Bostel said:
    I could open a GmbH company (...)

From my own experience, Austrian GmbHs already devour about 20k€ in legal, tax and administrative fees in the first ~3 years. So, no, that's not really an option with your budget. Go with a sole-trader or a GesbR if you have a low budget; or if you need the benefits of transferring rights/naming directors/registering a legal company name/etc pick an e.U. or OG.

@Bostel said:
    (...) or invest into existing one (...)

Any lendings in the 10k-20k€ range are usually called micro loans (or "Kleinkredit" in German). For such amounts you would just go to your local bank and probably get it with barely any paperwork. And, if a company can't borrow money from the banks, you probably shouldn't borrow them money either if you ever want to get it back. ;)

If you want to invest little sums go to the stock exchange. That's the right place for smaller budgets and that's exactly why stock exchanges exist in the first place. You could even buy shares in datacenters (for example, Digital Reality) or network operators (Cogent, Lumen, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, A1, ...).

@Bostel said:
    (...) could do support L1+2 in the same (existing) company if needed as I have decided to live from what I love and that's the hosting industry.

Do you have a coding background? 15k€ really isn't much if you want to go to into the hosting industry and if you want to do it right. Web development on the other hand doesn't need much cash and you will need those 15k€ anyhow to cover your own costs in the first few months while you struggle to find your initial customers.

Thanked by (1)gks

Alwyzon - Virtual Servers in Austria starting at 4,49 €/month (excl. VAT)

• edited January 2021

15K-20K is pocket change if you want to start something serious. I mean hardware costs alone, even if you buy refurb it's very expensive. Then the hosting, if you get a full rack with some nice options including bandwidth and power you're looking at up to € 1000/mo alone. Then there's all kinds of other operational costs, like licensing and not to mention crazy expensive IPv4 costs!

I started with 20K myself. Then added some more K's. Then added 10K again and I keep on adding K's. I should check where I'm at at this point but a lot of K's further I tell you that. I'm busy one year now I think I'm around 50K if I had to guestimate.

And now, you are already talking about profit lol. Forget about it. You will need to built a brand, built trust, built a customer base. This is a process that can take many months but probably years during which you won't earn a dime. Money will fly out of your pocket. There is no reason for someone to host with you, if they can host with a trusted company that has been there for 10 years, offering the same product at the same price level. How are you going to stand out? The competition is huge, the margins are very, very low.

If you're looking to partner up and you come up with 15K what does that buy me, 3 servers? And what do you expect when you invest that amount, 2000 / month profit?

Yeah, you better buy some bitcoins.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • Usually the profit of any company with low margins is around 3% ( In my experience ) of the budget per month . I mean 2-3% of 15000 so maximum 300-450 euros per month in the very best case scenario

Dentistry is my passion

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

use that and then follow Elon Musk's Twitter. who knows.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited January 2021

If you would like to partner contact us. We are looking for business partners outside the Netherlands. Except for the datacenter we fully own the infrastructure (routers, switches, servers) and IPv4 stock (Over 220+ ranges) and we continue to re-invest.

Also if you just want to brainstorm ping me (Marcel Jong) so we can meet online.

@Bostel said:

• How is the day, what are the routing stuffs if someone in full time into hosting industry or run hosting business?
    'Owing equipment' vs renting it out or using dedi's offered by OVH/Hetzner like companies.

I am a consumer, take VPSes, use or idle it. Recently tried to understand few lxc stuffs across multiple computers, things are not so easy, until that, my thought was hosting is super simple job, as in networking book/article. Also servers, switchers, RAM, disks etc, all these stuffs are every expensive, power bill + man power, loans, interests, rent, owners survival.

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

Spend it all on software development and then use spare change to fund the servers to run it on.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny gks

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• @jarland said:
    Spend it all on software development and then use spare change to fund the servers to run it on.

Develop a highly scalable billing system that can handle 1000 simultaneous users plus 10000 bots. Sell it to Virmach.

Thanked by (2)cybertech vimalware