New Hetzner SX Line

lentrolentro Hosting Provider

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx?country=ot

More storage and better CPU for the same price as before!

Thanked by (1)tehdartherer

Comments

• 2TB NVMe or 160TB HDD =)

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@bibble said:
    2TB NVMe or 160TB HDD =)

Now you get both! (if I understand correctly)

• Ahhh, seems so. Very nice!

• You do get both, yes, Just ordered a SX293 myself

My little hobby site -> www.RaveX.eu
    Install windows on pretty much any vps or dedi! -> Click here

• @RaveX said:
    You do get both, yes, Just ordered a SX293 myself

€ 269 per month!? What are you going to do with it?

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• williewillie OG
    edited January 2021

Interesting, though the SX292 had hardware raid and the SX293 does not (it is available at extra cost), so the SX292 is not a pure upgrade. The capability boost between the SX133 and SX293 is thus in some sense smaller than from the SX132 to the SX292 was. Still, this is a nice capacity increase

I got an email survey from Hetzner a month or so ago asking about my usage of the StorageBox and StorageShare (i.e. NextCloud) products, making me think those were due for a refresh. I hope a refresh actually arrives soon. StorageBox was great when it was introduced in roughly its current form in 2015, but it's been 5 years and while it's gotten some new features, its raw storage pricing has stayed the same, while the SX line has dropped a couple of times. It's currently 40 euro for 10TB while an SX63 in RAID-10 is 70 euro for 32TB, and the $/TB in raid-6 configurations for the bigger SX's is far lower.

Since Online's C14 product has been a total debacle (they refreshed it by shutting down the old version and deleting everyone's archives! Unbelieveable!), and OVH Cloud Archive still has ridiculous transit fees, StorageBox looks like about the sanest pure storage product. But it is on the expensive side compared to a self-administered server, while it used to be the other way around. This doesn't seem so great.

Edit: per my math, the HDD space on the SX133 is somewhat less expensive per TB than the SX293, either with no RAID or at any reasonable RAID level, i.e. with either 0, 1, 2, or 3 parity drives. The SX63 is cheaper per TB than the SX293 and roughly equal to the SX163 with no raid but quite a bit more with raid, because of the lower number of total drives.

@Not_Oles slicing up an SX133 (i.e. setting it up with raid-6 and selling off 2TB storage chunks) looks more interesting than your current Ryzen slices, at least from my perspective.

• @Freek said:

@RaveX said:

U know, stuff

Thanked by (1)willie

My little hobby site -> www.RaveX.eu
    Install windows on pretty much any vps or dedi! -> Click here

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@willie said: @Not_Oles slicing up an SX133 (i.e. setting it up with raid-6 and selling off 2TB storage chunks) looks more interesting than your current Ryzen slices, at least from my perspective.

The SX133 is more expensive than the AX51. But thanks for the tip! Best from Mexico! ????

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Freek said:

@RaveX said:

Japan ISO

Thanked by (2)lentro cybertech
  • @Not_Oles said: The SX133 is more expensive than the AX51.

That is ok, just have more users. I'd want around 5TB of storage and that doesn't seem reasonable on the AX51.

• Looks sweet! If only I had the actual need, and if my wife wouldn't kill me for spending that much. I do however need to expand my storage for Plex so.... ?

• @RaveX said:

@Freek said:

@RaveX said:

U know, stuff

That's some expensive stuff

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• I only hope this results in some good all round this-is-the-new-normal kind of storage options. It's been a while in the making to get some sort of a new threshold on storage and @Hetzner_OL has really set a new standard!

As @willie pointed out, I think now it is time to expect some good changes on their storage boxes as well.

• You all realize that keeping the 1gbit/s network saturated 24/7, it will still take about 3 weeks to fill the sx293's hard drives? I think I'd want the 10gbit add-on for it ;). I wonder if more SX61/62's will find their way into the auction pool. I've enjoyed my i7-3770 a lot over the past few years but maybe it is time for an upgrade.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @sonic said:

Japan ISO

very amazing

• @sonic said:
    Japan ISO

Oh my, I need one of these. At least.

• edited February 2021

Sorry for necroing this thread, but since I'm looking for cheap storage (use case: save and forget AKA last resort backup) and have been eyeing C14:

@willie said:
    Since Online's C14 product has been a total debacle (they refreshed it by shutting down the old version and deleting everyone's archives! Unbelieveable!)

Sauce pls? (Did this happen to you by any chance?)

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @chimichurri said: Sauce pls? (Did this happen to you by any chance?)

Yes it happened to me. I don't mean to imply they did it without warning--they sent out notifications well ahead of time, but it was still pretty obnoxious to not just migrate the data automatically. The whole c14 concept was long term archiving that you don't have to pay attention to, and they messed it up completely.

I didn't lose anything important when they deleted my data, since it was almost entirely backups of backups. A little bit of other random crap was there but I won't miss it.