Notion.so - the free for all workspace

2»

Comments

• @Mew said:

@Naix said:

@mikho said:

@Mew said: It cannot replace Evernote for me, simply because they are superior in archiving notes and webpages.

I'm very basic in my usage of Evernote, it is basically a notebook where I add random notes of things done to remember them next time.

If notes is all you need, then I'd recommend StandardNotes.

Only downside I found using StandardNote is that dark mode is a paid feature and I do like dark mode on my writing apps...

Why is paid feature a downside?

• MewMew
    edited January 2021

I do not mind paying for features, but the the subscription is not worth the price imho. You can get a MS365 sub for the same price as their montly and yearly plans, which offers more value for your money.
    The other important paid feature is 2FA. Not having 2FA can be a real dealbreaker to some people.
    Having dark mode and 2FA as standard feature would make it a great app for most people.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited January 2021

@Mew said:
    but the the subscription is not worth the price imho.
    Not having 2FA can be a real dealbreaker to some people.

Agree on both counts :-)

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited January 2021

@Mew said:
    Only downside I found using StandardNote is that dark mode is a paid feature and I do like dark mode on my writing apps...

Dark theme is now available in the free version.

• @Mew said:

@Naix said:

@mikho said:

@Mew said: It cannot replace Evernote for me, simply because they are superior in archiving notes and webpages.

I'm very basic in my usage of Evernote, it is basically a notebook where I add random notes of things done to remember them next time.

awesome-standard-notes
    There are many extensions (themes and editors), tools and libraries made by the community that you can use for free.
    There's also a minimal theme and a guide on how to make your own theme.
    Also, their phone apps (at least Android) have an official dark theme.

Thanked by (2)Mew verd
  • @Naix said:

@Mew said:

@Naix said:

@mikho said:

awesome-standard-notes
    There are many extensions (themes and editors), tools and libraries made by the community that you can use for free.

Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for!

• @Mew said:

@Naix said:

@Mew said:

@Naix said:

@mikho said:

awesome-standard-notes

You can also self-host a sync server and the paid extensions. No need to pay. But I encourage you to sustain them, they are the only real privacy note taking app excluding self-hosted stuff.

• @sgheghele said:

@Mew said:

@Naix said:

@Mew said:

@Naix said:

@mikho said:

awesome-standard-notes

You can also self-host a sync server and the paid extensions. No need to pay. But I encourage you to sustain them, they are the only real privacy note taking app excluding self-hosted stuff.

My reasons for paying as well. Sustainable SAAS

• @vyas said:

@sgheghele said:

Same here. The monthly price is far more reasonable if you're willing to go with the 5-year plan. They're having a flash sale right now that works out to $2.11/month. I've been using Standard Notes as my primary notes solution (switched from Google Keep) since early 2019 and I have a few minor complaints, but overall it's been great. Knowing everything's encrypted on the client side is liberating. Plus I've had too many free services disappear on me, so I'm more than happy to pay.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • edited February 2021

@jaden said:

@vyas said:

@sgheghele said:

Same here. The monthly price is far more reasonable if you're willing to go with the 5-year plan. They're having a flash sale right now that works out to $2.11/month. I've been using Standard Notes as my primary notes solution (switched from Google Keep) since early 2019 and I have a few minor complaints, but overall it's been great. Knowing everything's encrypted on the client side is liberating. Plus I've had too many free services disappear on me, so I'm more than happy to pay.

I don’t even use them actively (waiting for linked notes) and I’m still subscribed. I want them to live and can’t wait to use them fully and exclusively.

Thanked by (1)jaden