Affordable does not necessarily mean cheap and it shouldn't sacrifice stability: Hello Entry Bytes

Nexus Bytes: Announcing EntryBytes (Not an April fool prank)

Wall of text that no one likes to read
Hope all is well with you and your loved ones. Thank you for your continued business and thank you for being a member of the Nexus Bytes Family :).

Over the months and years, we have asked you for your valuable feedback, that continues to pave the way for our services and offerings. We appreciate you for not only taking the time to communicate with us, but also for continuing to help us, becoming the better version of ourselves. Thank you!

One of the most commonly shared feedback was, can we bake something bigger and lesser, with the similar Nexus Bytes delicious spice. Not only did we listen to your suggestions and ideas, but we actually cooked up a whole new division, to accommodate your requests!

Powered by the same loving and caring team, that you have known since day 1.

Wall of text that no one likes to read
By separating our brands, we will able to develop additional services and offerings, which also paves the way for future affordable offerings under the Entry Bytes lineup, while continuing to bake more awesomeness within Nexus Bytes current offerings.

This is not an April Fool joke and what we said above, we were serious about it!

There is no better way to announce this awesome update, but to share the following amazing promotions:

Limited promo codes:

• Am-I-A-Joke-To-You-?(30) – 30% recurring discount
  • Am-I-A-Joke-To-You-?(25) – 25% recurring discount
  • Am-I-A-Joke-To-You-?(20) – 20% recurring discount

Eligible plans:
EntryBytes VPS Plans (Entry and Inter)

Order by clicking here.

Payment Terms:
Quarterly, Semi-Annual, Annual.

Select Family perks available. Please confirm eligibility here.

Yes Free Directadmin standard and Free blesta is included :)

Once again, we would like to thank you, for your valuable partnership and being a member of the Nexus Bytes Family ?

No @DA_Mark you aren't welcome to offer mini promo while half the world is sleeping -_-

Comments

• Thanked by (1)seriesn

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Benchmark for Entry-4G

[root@sdfdsafafsadf ~]# curl -sL https://yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Apr  1 13:19:59 EDT 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2095.146 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 39.3 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 148.46 MB/s  (37.1k) | 1.96 GB/s    (30.6k)
    Write      | 148.85 MB/s  (37.2k) | 1.97 GB/s    (30.8k)
    Total      | 297.32 MB/s  (74.3k) | 3.93 GB/s    (61.5k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 3.27 GB/s     (6.4k) | 2.99 GB/s     (2.9k)
    Write      | 3.45 GB/s     (6.7k) | 3.19 GB/s     (3.1k)
    Total      | 6.73 GB/s    (13.1k) | 6.19 GB/s     (6.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 608 Mbits/sec   | 954 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 541 Mbits/sec   | 952 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 2.45 Gbits/sec 
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy           
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 151 Mbits/sec   | 898 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 181 Mbits/sec   | 672 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 169 Mbits/sec   | 303 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 93.8 Mbits/sec  | 182 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 799                           
    Multi Core      | 1532                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/7228167

Thanked by (4)seriesn Ympker jkl9 Falzo
  • edited April 2021

3GB is the new 2GB

I only want 1GB

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

3GB is the new 2GB

I only want 1GB

Thought about the idea. Problem is, by doing that, we would end up cramming too many vms in a single node and burn through IP a bit too fast :(

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Neat. The combination of generous memory and nested virt makes buying something bigger very attractive for remote proxmox. Also appreciate the recurring discount part.

Definitely grabbing one...just need to decide Entry-10G or Entry-12G.

@seriesn - could you confirm whether nested virt applies for entry brand too? I might be jumping the gun there with my assumptions

(Unrelated - suggest making the location bold/colour. Took me a while to figure out that its a key diff between entry/inter)

• @havoc said:
    Neat. The combination of generous memory and nested virt makes buying something bigger very attractive for remote proxmox. Also appreciate the recurring discount part.

Definitely grabbing one...just need to decide Entry-10G or Entry-12G.

<3 Go big or go home :tongue: Appreciate the kind words my friend. <3. As usual, we don't want to rely on never ending sales and thus, the goal was to make it, price it right from day one so you don't have to have FOMO.

But, talking about FOMO, those codes are moving fast. Bit too damn fast. I might need to add some more stock. JEESUZ.

@seriesn - could you confirm whether nested virt applies for entry brand too? I might be jumping the gun there with my assumptions

Totally! As always boss :).

(Unrelated - suggest making the location bold/colour. Took me a while to figure out that its a key diff between entry/inter)

Great idea. will get that done in a bit!

@Unixfy being the fast chair table bencher, I did something cool for you, enjoy the 10GBPS upgrade :). Might need to power the vm off and on though. Thanks fam <3

Thanked by (2)Unixfy fryz
  • @seriesn what is the value proposition between NexusBytes and EntryBytes? The pricing overlaps a bit.
    Also, since you have IPv6 already, might as well offer 1GB VPS (or lower?) with IPv6 only, so @yoursunny would be satisfied :)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @seriesn Congrats on the expansion. Very tempting offers. The family only gets bigger and better <3

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

@seriesn congratulations

Thanked by (1)seriesn

@terrorgen said:

Also, since you have IPv6 already, might as well offer 1GB VPS (or lower?) with IPv6 only, so @yoursunny would be satisfied

Was thinking about this too cause my ISP is native v6 but didn't want to add noise.

On further thought...it's a minefield of miscommunication.

Think 99% of the people would misunderstand this so would suggest implementing this as a negative option rather. i.e. -1USD (or whatever is v4 cost) on price and tick box says yes I promise know what I'm doing. (and even that is ambiguous- if someone tells me ipv6 only I'd assume I have nat outgoing v4 and then I get a pure v6 box and am upset?).

Regardless...shouldn't detract...the current offers seem very competitive with v4 incl

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • Snagged one yearly 4G Entry. Not that I need it, but you know... quality Low End Boxes are hard to find in NL.

PS. You might wanna check your promo codes. They also work on Monthly terms, whereas your marketing email (and OP) states they should only work on Quarterly, Semi-Annual & Annual terms

Thanked by (1)seriesn

@Freek said: They also work on Monthly terms,

Extra 20% on top for annual

• Thanks for serving quality and affordability.

Your good reputation proceeds you!

Thanked by (1)seriesn

We'd love to have you join our community:
    http://HostBoards.com/

• @terrorgen said: @seriesn what is the value proposition between NexusBytes and EntryBytes?

Great one!

EntryBytes

• Bigger and "cheaper".
    • Limited locations.
    • Slightly slower or even older CPU's.
    • SSD Storage
    • Limited perks.

Great alternative for those who doesn't care about the awesomeness that Ryzen and NVME introduces or don't really require all the other nice stuff that we throw in.

Nexus Bytes:

• AMD Ryzen/NVME combo makes it ultra fast.
    • Plans are customizable.
    • Includes more perks and the list continues to grow.
    • Additional addon's such as Block storage, nightly backup etc can be added
    • Higher FairShare CPU usage limit.

If you want the best of best for your best of the best project, that's where our premium line up comes in handy :).

@terrorgen said: Also, since you have IPv6 already, might as well offer 1GB VPS (or lower?) with IPv6 only, so @yoursunny would be satisfied

Seriously thought about that. Might introduce something. But, didn't want to cram too many users into one server. So less congestion.

IPv6 only, nah. Bad idea for general population, who clicks everything before reading :( I will leave NAT to the Nat kings @mikho @cam and @Abdullah

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited April 2021

@havoc said: Think 99% of the people would misunderstand this so would suggest implementing this as a negative option rather. i.e. -1USD (or whatever is v4 cost) on price and tick box says yes I promise know what I'm doing. (and even that is ambiguous- if someone tells me ipv6 only I'd assume I have nat outgoing v4 and then I get a pure v6 box and am upset?).

Interesting thought process. That actually might be doable. Just gotta figure out if it is a good idea to cram boat loads of VM into one box. <3

@Freek said: Snagged one yearly 4G Entry. Not that I need it, but you know... quality Low End Boxes are hard to find in NL.

<3 PREM!!
    Thank you for the business brother <3

PS. You might wanna check your promo codes. They also work on Monthly terms, whereas your marketing email (and OP) states they should only work on Quarterly, Semi-Annual & Annual terms

It shouldn't though. Just checked for the sake of own sanity check, couldn't replicate. But if someone can use these coupons with monthly cycle, kudos to you <3

• @beagle said:
    @seriesn Congrats on the expansion. Very tempting offers. The family only gets bigger and better <3

@visualwebtechno said:
    @seriesn congratulations

Thanks fam <3.

• @seriesn can you tell the first two octets of your subnet there (maybe DM if not want to share publicly)?

also if I go for quarterly with that coupon now and decide to switch to yearly later, will you keep / adjust the discount to what it would be like right now? (e.g. 4G box 4,20 quarterly -> 4 yearly)

I am tempted, as your offers finally reach an interesting pricing point and people are full of praise for you. but I have quite a lot in AMS already...

• @Falzo said:
    @seriesn can you tell the first two octets of your subnet there (maybe DM if not want to share publicly)?

No need to hide, They are here https://lgnl.nexusbytes.com/ :)

also if I go for quarterly with that coupon now and decide to switch to yearly later, will you keep / adjust the discount to what it would be like right now? (e.g. 4G box 4,20 quarterly -> 4 yearly)

Once promo expires, we can't honor them in the future boss. Creates an accounting mess trying to keep a tab of all the changes :(

I am tempted, as your offers finally reach an interesting pricing point and people are full of praise for you. but I have quite a lot in AMS already...

WOOT! Finally got your attention <3. If it helps, we are not in AMS :tongue: Naaldwijk would be the city, so ya know, there's that haha.

• @Offshore_Solutions said:
    Thanks for serving quality and affordability.

Your good reputation proceeds you!

<3 Thanks for the kind words boss <3. Appreciate it.

Thanked by (1)Offshore_Solutions
  • @seriesn said:

@terrorgen said: @seriesn what is the value proposition between NexusBytes and EntryBytes?

Great one!

EntryBytes

• Bigger and "cheaper".
    • Limited locations.
    • SSD Storage
    • Limited perks.

Great alternative for those who doesn't care about the awesomeness that Ryzen and NVME introduces or don't really require all the other nice stuff that we throw in.

Nexus Bytes:

If you want the best of best for your best of the best project, that's where our premium line up comes in handy :).

Fair enough!

@terrorgen said: Also, since you have IPv6 already, might as well offer 1GB VPS (or lower?) with IPv6 only, so @yoursunny would be satisfied

Seriously thought about that. Might introduce something. But, didn't want to cram too many users into one server. So less congestion.

IPv6 only, nah. Bad idea for general population, who clicks everything before reading :( I will leave NAT to the Nat kings @mikho @cam and @Abdullah

With the power of x64 chip these days, some people may be satisfied with a 0.5 core? most poeple would be idling anyways :tongue:

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @terrorgen said:

@seriesn said:

@terrorgen said: @seriesn what is the value proposition between NexusBytes and EntryBytes?

Great one!

EntryBytes

• Bigger and "cheaper".
    • Limited locations.
    • SSD Storage
    • Limited perks.

Nexus Bytes:

Fair enough!

With the power of x64 chip these days, some people may be satisfied with a 0.5 core? most poeple would be idling anyways :tongue:

• @seriesn - Good job, some great plans and pricing.

• @seriesn said:

@Falzo said:
    @seriesn can you tell the first two octets of your subnet there (maybe DM if not want to share publicly)?

No need to hide, They are here https://lgnl.nexusbytes.com/ :)

thanks, I looked at it, but wasn't sure if it's gonna be similar. have too many 185.x... already.

Once promo expires, we can't honor them in the future boss. Creates an accounting mess trying to keep a tab of all the changes :(

fair enough, just thought asking won't hurt.

WOOT! Finally got your attention <3. If it helps, we are not in AMS :tongue: Naaldwijk would be the city, so ya know, there's that haha.

?‍♂️

for today I managed to resist but will keep a close eye on you, just sayin'...

• vyasvyas OG
    edited April 2021

Best wishes with the launch and sales

Thanked by (2)Ympker seriesn
  • visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

@seriesn premium service always keep it up

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Good luck with the launch @seriesn :)

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @Falzo said:

This is pretty funny. And they're from Essen, which is practically Holland, so they would know.

@seriesn I think that @Falzo means that the Netherlands is pretty small. Especially in the 'Randstad' (were more than half of the people live). Amsterdam-Naaldwijk is ~50/60 km (so something in miles). This is a world were people sell Limburg an der Lahn as Frankfurt (basically the same distance) and of course even Buffalo as New York (ten times that distance). So yeah.

Then again. Worldstreams doesn't route everything over Amsterdam, there's also direct routes to Rotterdam, London and Belgium. So that's a win.

Thanked by (2)Falzo seriesn
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

very nice

Thanked by (1)seriesn

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Hi boss, should I choose netherlands or los angeles for apac location. I'm tempted

Thanked by (1)seriesn
  • @nyamenk said:
    Hi boss, should I choose netherlands or los angeles for apac location. I'm tempted

The looking glass will tell you.

If you are mainly serving China, the only location that works well is Japan.

If you are mainly serving India, Netherlands would be good.
    As I analyzed on March push-ups report, India is closer to Netherlands / UK than to Japan / USA, network-wise.

Thanked by (1)nyamenk

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.